collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Donating to Toys for Tots!  (Read 432 times)

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Donating to Toys for Tots!
« on: November 22, 2013, 11:48:28 AM »
So every year I go through my MIB toys and I give a box of toys to Toys for Tots. Anyone else do this? Last year I gave about 20 toys which was a large box and the marines at the donation drop off were so surprised and happy! I must have met their donation quota because they never came back to that location lol! This year I have Lalaloopsies, MLP, and MH to donate so about 10 toys so far!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Donating to Toys for Tots!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:55:07 AM »
That's awesome! What a great thing to do!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »
My husband and I have donated to Toys for Tots almost every year since we've lived together. It means a lot to my husband especially because there were some years when he was a child that the toys he and his brothers received from the program were all they got for Christmas.
We donated to a different, local organization this year because the drive was being run by someone my husband knows, but we picked out an assortment of MLP, Hot Wheels, Play-Doh and some art/coloring kits to donate. 
That's so great that you donate too! :heart:

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 01:42:44 PM »
That's a great idea! I need to go through my MIB toys to see what I have. I'm sure I have some ponies or something I can part with.

I try to buy at least one thing during my holiday shopping trips to give to Toys for Tots. It's a new tradition for me since I didn't have a lot of expendable cash until just recently.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »
Hasbro site has an offer , for every order from 10/25 -12/25 2013 they will donate a toy to  Toys for tots :)

I have ordered a couple of times from them  since 10/25 :)

they have  a code for thanksgiving    MLP2013    20 % off   on your orders  on everything MLP on their sites, not the Exclusives though :(
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 01:01:38 AM »
I try to when I can. My boyfriend picks out boy toys and I pick ponies of course. :D
We have not been able to do this for a few years, but I wish we could again. I liked that because we'd go and play on the toy aisle together haha :D

NoodleMore

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 02:39:58 AM »
They collect for this at work.  Last year I bought brushable singles to donate.  I'll probably do the same this year, too.   :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 02:47:00 AM by NoodleMore »

DavidC

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 02:45:39 AM »
I try to do this every year. The Marines make sure that the toys get to deserving kids and that makes me happy. I'm usually doing a Barbie and a Hot Wheels/similar. Maybe I'll do a couple Brushables this year.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 04:47:04 AM »
Very awesome!

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 05:37:45 AM »
I tend to donate directly to charities throughout the whole year, rather than wait for an annual occasion to tell me, "the kidlets are in need! give give give!"  Then come January, the giving fizzles out and there are still children in need, but people have moved onto thinking about their own personal enjoyments.  Unless you're a philanthropist and there are very few of those around...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 06:10:59 AM »
I'm not waiting for an occasion either. Just participating in one that is occasional. Nothing wrong with that.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 09:35:42 AM »
... you think its 'occasional' because Christmas is occasional ... but toys for tots operates year round for birthdays too ... the toys they get now help them last year round because sadly most people don't think of giving year round ...

i volunteer year round and donate year round, but not everyone can, giving is GIVING! be it now or january or august or 13 days after the end of the world! there is more need this time of year, therefore more presence of 'giving' ... the rest of the year there is more focus on food drives, clothing drives, coat drives, etc ... toys are kind of on a back burner besides Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanza/birthdays/etc

i want to thank EVERYONE who donates at ANY TIME in ANY WAY! :) its not easy for most of us aswe sometimes struggle to meet our own needs ... which is why, sadly, now i donate more of my time than my money ... but volunteers are needed too to help sort/bundle/wrap/deliver so you don't always have to give physical things either :) a couple hours means the world too :) *hug* and volunteers are needed year round too if things are super hectic for ya now.

i'll get off my soap box now and thank everyone again for any donations to any organization at any time :) sorry.
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »
... you think its 'occasional' because Christmas is occasional ... but toys for tots operates year round for birthdays too ... the toys they get now help them last year round because sadly most people don't think of giving year round ...

I didn't know that! That's really good to know. :)

Because of this thread -- and that I'm moving and need to go through my things anyway -- I found some MIB Lalaloopsys and Funrise pony plush (NWT) to donate. I'm going to take them to TRU on Monday since they have a drop-off there, and I'll pick up a few other goodies to give as well.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 11:02:48 PM »
   kamakazee, I did not know they did birthdays also. Thanks for that info. I know a few little children that could help.
I did get to see the Santa one year walking around doing his thing, that was pretty cool.
Hey yall, anyone donate books before? I know TFT has a literacy program, do they take books too with the toys??

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 11:31:39 PM »
I do!  I save up all my claw machine wins.  I love to just play. The toys I don't really need.   A few years ago I had a full garbage bag of them.  The only place I could find taking donations was a bar.  Everyone was just staring at me dump the bag out into the box.

We also do the shoe box Christmas too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal