collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is your collection in your Will? (possible trigger warning?)  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Is your collection in your Will? (possible trigger warning?)
« on: November 22, 2013, 06:37:32 AM »
I've put the possible trigger warning in the title because I don't want to accidentally upset anyone with this post.  :blush:
I've just been wondering if anyone has actually made plans for their collection for when they're gone? Lots of people have them insured but does anyone go the next step and add them into their Will?

Are you planning to be buried with your ponies, maybe just your favourite one?
Or would you prefer if they're systematically sold back to collectors, or donated to collectors or charity? Perhaps even passed on to friends and family to continue a collection?

I personally would prefer that my collection is donated back into the community, or if it would help the family, sold to collectors. I want them to be enjoyed beyond my lifetime.  ^.^
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:39:25 AM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is your collection in your Will? (possible trigger warning?)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 06:40:15 AM »
I told my family they can sell off my collection to pay for my funeral and if anything is left then they can have the rest of the money :) I wouldn't want to be buried with any of my ponies because I'd rather someone else enjoy them than them rotting in the ground XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 06:45:45 AM »
I'm still pretty young so i haven't even thought of a will. But if i were to die tomorrow or something I'm sure my sister would know what to do. She'd probably offer them for sale to the community here. Which is exactly what I'd want, my precious ponies to go to a new and loving home. I imagine she'd keep a few, like our 3 childhood ponies and maybe one of my absolute favorites as momentos. Gosh I get kinda teary eyed thinking about it. She knows how much I love my collection and I can imagine it'd be difficult for her, emotionally, finding them new homes.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 06:46:30 AM »
I would hope that my girls would enjoy them. Or if they are some rare ones, and my family needed it they could sell them back to collectors for money...I have an insurance policy on myself for just in case the unforeseen would ever happen, so I would hope it would just go to my girls...
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 06:54:06 AM »
If I die young it all goes to Aadra310.  She is to take what she wants and then help Mr. Skeen sell the rest to help pay for the expense of disposing of whatever is left of me. 

We've discussed this, yes. 

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 06:57:07 AM »
I have a master list copy of all my collections and estimated values with what I paid. I don't have a will but I would hope my wife would sell everything for as much as she could get. My concern if I died would be that she would be taken care of. I own the place we live in, and it's on my parents property. I would assume I would outlive my parents, but you never know. My parents are on good terms with her and my mother likes her, but I'm sure my dad would run her off if I died before they did. There is a good chunk of change in my items, so they would help her for a bit.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Miss_Pompon

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 06:59:48 AM »
My brother knows he has to contact Psydo (and I put a note in my collection), and except for my childhood ponies which will go back to my parent's house, she will be free to do what she wants with them.

Made by LordBlumiere, thank you so much

My Want List

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 07:22:29 AM »
My niece actually brought it up not long ago :)! She said she would cherish my collection as much as I do when I'm gone :)!
She is my God Daughter on top of it , so unless I somehow have a child of my own , then she is is my Heir :)! she is only 12 ,turning 13 before Christmas :)
She will get my Convertible Benz when she turns 15 :)
She will need it :)!She wants to go to Harvard and become a Lawyer :)!
She just skyped a grade , she is all honors student  and she has her own mini collection of maybe 17 ponies and barbies :) pony tshirt and slippers :)

We always talk about what is the latest pony on my collection :) She is in the know of the hard to find ponies and prices :) she browses ebay sometimes to help me search for my grails :)

Future Pony Collector /Harvard Lawyer in the making  :) you bet !
:)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

claricesponies

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 07:27:46 AM »
If I died, I told husband to contact my "bestest pony friend" colorscapeart and she can come pick them up...and yes, husband and I had this discussion too....especially since I'm a soldier and was deployed to Afghanistan a couple years ago  ;)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 07:52:51 AM »
Hehe... the phrase "Trigger warning" always makes me think of Kankri from Homestuck, for those couple fellow fans out there...

I'm not sure. It's too early for me to be thinking about that at the moment, really. I'm extremely secular so there won't be any silly "buried with me" nonsense; there's enough plastic junk in the ground already. I don't even know if I'll have children yet, so I really haven't thought about it. Maybe some day as the years progress I'll decide what to do with my hundreds of ponies.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 08:44:58 AM »
Yeah I've thought of this, and I have a list of ponies that are too be given or sold as one.. They can't be separated wouldn't be right.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 08:59:57 AM »
I don't care what happens to my collection if I pass.

If whomever wants to sell/pitch/donate them-- it's whatever is easiest for them. :p Though I am sure some of the nirvanas would sell for a pretty penny, so it'd be wise to sell them. But hey-- I think it's hard to sell someone else's stuff after they've passed. I can't do it. That's why I'm ok with whomever doing whatever.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 09:04:29 AM »
I'd like my pony collection on display at my funeral, and at the end invite each of my friends/family to pick one they like to remember me by.  The rest I would like to be either given to my close pony-collecting friends or sold back into the collecting community.  And no, I don't have a will!  But being a legal secretary I write wills for other people all the time so I really should get my own written up one of these days!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:09:46 AM by foalpatrol »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »
I don't care about the cheap stuff-   but I'd like my wife to be able to sell my more expensive stuff to help pay the mortgage after my life insurance runs out :D 

I've thought about this from an insurance perspective too-  what if there is a fire?

So I have an online photo album of my collections- and some price guides.  I need to update it with more detail (including names and value or purchase price) but it's a good start.

ALSO she has the name and contact number of a friend who can help sell and identify the stuff if there are things she can't figure out- or if she doesn't know how to go about selling it (and she wouldn't).  We've discussed that said friend could probably sell it on ebay (she's good at that) and keep like 15/20% for herself.

HOpefully now she doesn't want to bump me off :D

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 10:04:21 AM »
this goes for all my stuff.
if they have something of mine that they want to remember me by, then i want them to keep it.
but for the most part i want them to hire someone who knows the value of the things i have and sell it off, they get all the money. i have life insurance, so my burial/cremation is covered, so no worries there.
but i don't want them to keep them if they don't want to. well. except Rufus. he has to stay in the family. non-negotiable.
and i hope that they will keep some of the art i've done, but customs etc. sell them.
i'm trying to downsize all the time to keep the amount of items they have to get rid of down. but it's a full time job, got too much crap.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal