collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shocking result after washing the dog bed  (Read 1913 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Shocking result after washing the dog bed
« on: November 21, 2013, 12:23:15 PM »
Has anyone ever taken your dog's bed down to the Washateria?  I have these huge dog beds that are 10 times bigger than my dog, but he loves them.  They were so stinky.  They would not fit in my washer so, I took them to the Washateria down the street.  They exploded in the washing machine. :shocked:  When I opened the door fluff puffs of the mazillions came flying out of the machine all over the floor.  It was so embarrassing :blush: as they are flying through the air, all over me and making a huge mess that everyone can see.  Even the piping came undone around the edge of the bed.  Seriously, this dog bed was supposed to be sturdy.  This was a front loading big machine.  How could something like this happen?  All it did was flip flop in water for an hour.  I managed to stuff the fluffies in the dryer and put them back in the bed.  I am just in shock.  The entire insert part of the dog bed had a hole the size of a basket ball in it.  The zipper came undone and fluffies took over the machine.  It wasn't melted. I just can't figure out how this could happen.  I tried to clean them up off the floor, but there was just too many of them everywhere.  I just wanted to run and hide under the chair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Shocking result after washing the dog bed
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 12:37:49 PM »
Oh know! Yes we've had that happen but we have teeny dogs so the dog beds fit in our washer. We have had them come apart and fill the washer with stuffing before though. Recently for our large dog we got this cover thing from Target. It's like a giant pillowcase with a zipper. It holds 2 normal sized pillows perfectly (we just replaced our old pillows and used those to fill it). Then you can just pull the cover off and wash it and if you want to wash the pillows, those should fit in your washer. No more crazy public accidents then.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 01:26:49 PM »
oh gosh >.< I'm so sorry that happened to you! I hate when things like that happen to me in public, like i just want to disappear... I take all of my moms, my sons and my, big comforters to a coin wash because they're all too big for my top loader lol. Once my mom sent me off with one of her feather pillows and the SAME THING HAPPENED. I just wanted to die right there. >.<

The woman who worked there was really helpful though and helped me clean it up, but gosh i felt so bad and embarrassed. one feather pillow = one giant mess. -_- I told my mom, NEVER again lol.

maybe there was already a smaller hole that you didnt notice and the washer just worked it bigger? D:
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 01:30:59 PM »
Yes we have had them explode in the washing machine even the more pricey pillows we have bought. I have now made pillow cases for them, and I wash the pillow case. I have two, so I can rotate and wash. I even have one now that also is for our other dogs bed.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 04:12:03 PM »
I remember my father putting a sobakawa bean pillow into our washing machine... :facepalm:

Needless to say, it was HIM coming to me (even though I was only a teenager) with his tail between his legs going... "Um... I think I ruined your special pillow" :blush:

It's funny now, since it's over but I can just imagine how you felt! :hug:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 12:45:31 AM »
I have dog beds with removable covers just for this reason! But once I was kicked out of a laundromat for washing several dirty horse blankets. They were pretty funky but I DID brush off MOST of the dried mud and I was planning on wiping out the machines & running an empty load after the blankets were done to clean the machines. But the lady made me remove my still wet, soapy blankets and leave. Now I'm like a blanket washing ninja, creeping in the 24hr laundromat in the dead of night and trying to avoid the security cameras. lol!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 03:59:26 AM »
I have dog beds with removable covers just for this reason! But once I was kicked out of a laundromat for washing several dirty horse blankets. They were pretty funky but I DID brush off MOST of the dried mud and I was planning on wiping out the machines & running an empty load after the blankets were done to clean the machines. But the lady made me remove my still wet, soapy blankets and leave. Now I'm like a blanket washing ninja, creeping in the 24hr laundromat in the dead of night and trying to avoid the security cameras. lol!

:lol: I went to an equestrian college & this makes me chuckle! I think just about every apartment complex & laundromat in town had given up on chasing away all the students & their grody, horse-filth coated accoutrements. The attendants would just sigh & ask we try not to take up too much space with blankets & polo wraps unspooled all over...

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 12:44:14 PM »
I've never had a dog bed explode. Sarge the greyhound had a papasan chair cushion at one time. Now that was waaay to big to be washed, so I understand the stinky dog bed thing. Right now he has a bed with poly stuffing/cedar chips. I won't wash it. I didn't realize it had the chips until I took the cover off to wash. No wonder he constantly has to re-adjust his bed 30x a night. Getting poked with those chips must be horrible. Too bad he won't leave the blanket over it...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 06:00:15 AM »
:O oh gosh you poor thing! Gotta admit though I bet you giggled a little over the little puffs all over.

That's a bummer about the product not living up to its name, I would write the company.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal