collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I hear Santa! (Christmas/New Year contest)  (Read 4828 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
I hear Santa! (Christmas/New Year contest)
« on: November 19, 2013, 10:08:46 AM »
Wow! I tell you what I'm working fast this time around because we just closed up the other one!

Packages from the Halloween contest should reach their owners soon (Honeypie I actually shipped yours off today. lol)

I was going to wait a bit but considering everyone put so much effort and work into their entries I wanted to give you guys more time with this one. Second year doing a Christmas contest. After this one when more holidays come around I'm going to try something different than photos, but I loved the photos you guys sent last year. I hate to cut out the cute photos for Christmas. Lets go through the rules here.

Theme

You have two options for a theme or well a bit of a variety

1. Christmas or if you celebrate another holiday from a different religions ect you may enter that as well. I want to be fair to everyone. If it's a different holiday you might need to explain, so I know what it is. You may also just do a cheerful happy holiday type of scene.

2. New Years celebration: I think this is something that almost everyone celebrates so you may do one of these if you prefer to stay out of the Christmas holiday aspect.

Rules
Keep everything within the limits of the Arena. T
Your picture must focus on ponies. These can be any generation or even customs. They may have other toy friends or people included

You must be old enough to receive a package or just generally within the guidelines set up for trades/sells/buying ect. If you do not fall into those guidelines please do not enter. I cannot and will not send you anything.

Two photos for submission only. If you have a large elaborate scene you may submit other photos to help show the full layout or to zoom in on things. Make sure to mark the ones you wanted judged though. Keep in mind you may have two extremely awesome pictures, but I will only pick one for the top five. I want to be fair and having two pictures in the top five just isn't.

The wife and I will pick the top five photos. Then as some of the previous contests I'll open a 24 hour poll and let the Arena decide the winner.

The winner of the contest cannot also be the person chosen for the most active participant. I will pick someone based on those that either kept the thread going or participated and decided to be active and chat.

Active Participant

This is someone that contributes to the contest not only in posting and participating but in interacting with people throughout the thread. They show good sportsmanship and are generally kind to be around and make the contest fun. In all honestly I just don't have enough hours in the day to check the thread enough and keep it alive as I should. People helping is always greatly appreciated and encouraged.

Like the Halloween contest I actually made a list of people that seemed to participate and keep things moving. Once I have determined a winner I will decide on the participant. You do not have to enter the contest to receive a prize for this but also know if you're just bumping that doesn't count either.

Prizes
I'm doing something different prize like this time and the long entry time will allow me the opportunity to get the prizes done.  A prize will be offered to the overall winner and then a small box will be sent to the most active participant.  I'm in a crafty mood this year and making my family gifts, so your prize will fall into this area either being a pony inspired scarf/hat combo, plush pony, rehair or I also make holiday decorations. Please keep in mind most pony related things I make are G1 because that's the generation I like and by the end of the contest I will either have a few options and pictures where you can pick which one you like, or I might give you an option of fabrics and colors or a pony choice, and I will make your prize based off that. I'll post some pictures closer to January, but if I posted my plush pony examples now my swap partner in the plushie forum would know who they are. :lookround:

Most active participant will either be able to pick one of the left over options or be sent a small pre made package that won't require me to sew for a long period. lol

*I do accept participants from outside the U.S. just understand your package will be sent the cheapest method possible. Sorry some of those prices have gotten insanely high.

Dates
11/19/13- 1/11/14Open for submissions (a long time to give you guys time to get over Halloween. lol)
1.12.14-24 hour poll for winner
1.13.14-winner announcement
I have not set a prize ship out time just yet since with them being more handmade than store bought I have to see my time frame for this. I will tell the winner and AP a time frame once all is announced, and I figure things out.

ON YOUR MARK....GET SET...GO! [/glow] :gallop:

Thanks everyone for joining in the fun. Keep your eyes out I'll get that Christmas contest up soon.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:37:53 PM by madhatterda »
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I hear Santa! (Christmas/New Year contest)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 10:26:46 AM »
Ooooh!  I'm excited!  I adored the Halloween contest!   :biggrin:  I bet there will be some super cute pictures.  I'll certainly enter.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 01:09:32 PM »
Why thank you HG (lol now I'm thinking of Wells). I had fun with the last one and look forward to your entry. The last one was neat. ^.^

Formerly Maddie

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 01:47:57 PM »
Thanks so much! 

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 02:33:51 PM »
I need time to ponder ideas
My brain feels racked after Halloween
I wonder if hubby and kids can give me ideas
I love funny photos hmmmm

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 01:25:15 PM »
oh goodness we need a little bump

Formerly Maddie

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 12:13:18 PM »
I'll definitely have to think of something fun. The Halloween one was super fun so I'm really looking forward to the Christmas contest :biggrin:
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 02:32:18 PM »
Hooray! It would be awesome to have a lot of you guys from the Halloween one to join this one as well. ^.^

Formerly Maddie

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 02:57:43 PM »
This is so fun for you to keep doing, Maddie. I've never entered before, but I have stalked the previous contests to see the pictures :).

Maybe I'll think of something to enter this time.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 04:46:38 PM »
This is so fun for you to keep doing, Maddie. I've never entered before, but I have stalked the previous contests to see the pictures :).

Maybe I'll think of something to enter this time.
I love doing them since everyone gets so creative. It's kinda funny that we have a ton of holidays like back to back and then I don't host one for months on end. :lol:

I would love to see what you could come up with Mkia. ^.^

Formerly Maddie

Tirac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 06:46:27 AM »
I'll try really hard on this one.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 01:56:30 PM »
Hooray more people to participate. :green:

Formerly Maddie

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 01:59:44 PM »

I would love to see what you could come up with Mkia. ^.^
Heh well I live in no-snow-land. So I'll have to get creative xD

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 09:24:48 PM »
Keeping an eye on this thread...

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 12:33:38 AM »
It usually snows once a year here and only a few inches. Last year it snowed like the day after Christmas and we had eight inches I think. In my like 23 years of living in this state it has never snowed like that. I know for my pony displays I use fake snow. :P

Hi Nessy

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal