collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who's having fun shopping for the holidays?  (Read 642 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Who's having fun shopping for the holidays?
« on: November 18, 2013, 08:05:12 AM »
I have been having so much fun shopping for Christmas, I started early this year and have been buying and making gifts left, right and center... and my wallet hates me for it! :biggrin:
Not only that but I've been buying birthday presents as well, I know so many people who have birthdays this time of year too!  :drunk:

I've only got a few gifts left and then I've got to wrap everything, I just love gift giving!

How about all of you, are you having fun or having a nightmare of a time? Or are you leaving it all til last minute, or planning to brave Black Friday sales? (what's the like btw? sounds crazy!)
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: Who's having fun shopping for the holidays?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:08:06 AM »
I've only bought one gift so far.  :/

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 08:13:56 AM »
I'm having a blast! I can't wait for Christmas!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

RedWildFlower

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:51:34 AM »
I'm like you i LOVE gift giving and then wrapping is one of my favorite parts. I like to get creative with my ribbons and boxes. I tend to start my shopping in september, so I can spread it out over a couple paychecks.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 09:26:24 AM »
I used to love getting creative with wrapping too but now I just use the same paper for everything, so people get birthday presents with obviously christmas wrapping paper hahaha! :lol:

I literally just went up to make a deposit at the bank and came back past a nice little store... I left with 5 more gifts, and then there was a package when I got home with 2 more! I can't help spoiling my friends and family even though I'm meant to be saving.  :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 10:15:47 AM »
I'm more than halfway done. I would buy people so many gifts if i didn't have to worry about money.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 10:23:38 AM »
I've spoiled myself rotten with ponies for the holidays/birthday. I just made a few more purchases today for my boyfriend. I cannot believe the dollar amount he's spent on me :lookround: I have a feeling he may have bought me a munchy! It's the only pony he's managed to remember that I need because it's such an easy symbol to remember. It's been so hard not to spend money at work too, taking a holiday job with toysrus was probably not the best idea for me! I was going to use the holiday job money for a kitchenaid mixer but so far ponies have come home. I have most of my gifts bought for friends/family, still need to pick up a few gift cards for the parents. Otherwise done, most of my friends are thrifters like I am so I tend to shop year round!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 03:58:58 AM »
For me it's not so much as shopping as to ordering and we're almost done with that. But I enjoy getting people presents, I'm even more looking forward wrapping them up. I try to have a theme each year and I think polkadots is what I'm gonna go for this year.

Iris Patch

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 10:27:45 AM »
Honestly the idea's stressing me out because I can't afford anything and I don't even want anything anyway... but it's just easier to go along with what the rest of my family is doing instead of being the odd man out. :/ I kind of resent the unspoken obligation.
It'll be a Very Handmade Christmas this year, I think :P

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 11:01:51 AM »
I have my daughter done, I started right after Christmas. I do that every year.  I still have my parents and hunny left. I try to get it all done before it gets here. 

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 11:17:45 AM »
I'm surprised I managed to get a good gift for my stepmom so soon! (she asked in text if she'll like it, and I told her no, she'll hate it.) It's a photo album because she's always filling those out and I found some really pretty ones at a good price.

Also got my mom her gifts (tetris magnets and a bad cat calendar) and some supplies for my writing partner's gift!

It's gonna be dangerous not overbuying for her gift. See, I'm filling a journal with 'letters' from my characters to hers.  I picked up tale to make it look like post office letters, stamps, some stuff to glue to the pages like fake rose petals, and stuff like that!
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 09:38:52 PM »
i have got a few pressies but not all we have a change account that we have about £100 in to buy xmas things at the minnute we asr trying to decide between having a brace of phesants or partridge as i think turky is a bit boring and tastless ,plus the game birds are as free range as you can get ! last year we guiny fowl and goose the year before that (half its a big bird ) bu i have some ideas for charmers presents !! just need to get them my purse is going to hate me !!!xaflamex

Offline ponybabe

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 01:27:13 AM »
Haven't bought anything yet as I haven't gotten wishlists from anyone yet and am currently finishing up mine :)

To be honest I feel like it's mostly a nightmare to buy gifts, especially when we buy most of them at shopping malls, I hate when there's too many people and when the rude ones stand in my way, not caring how they're inconveniencing me and others.

The worst is buying gifts for my husband's neice and nephew (his brother's kids, they're now 5 and 8 years old), they're so spoiled and about 90% of the time we end up buying something someone else has already bought despite checking what everyone else is planning on buying, mostly because my SIL and her parents always buy extra presents, I think the kids get about 15-20 presents EACH for Christmas -_- I particularly remember one year we bought a board game for the nephew that wasn't even on his long list, still it ended up he'd already gotten the game for Christmas (we first saw him the day after Christmas) and he was really mad and complained a lot, how could we have known :shocked: It's like the parents and mother's parents feel the kids have to get everything on their lists plus extra stuff  or they won't be happy on Christmas.

Not only that but my SIL's mother is very critical of me and has to always say something nasty about me being unemployed, she feels it's my fault despite me getting 2 educations and having applied for around 8-900 jobs total (including jobs under my educational level). I'm sure she'll have some choice Words for the fact that I'm currently still unemployed and have no contact with my mother who has Narcissistic personality disorder, she hasn't answered my letter asking for a more equal and positive relationship. I'm sure my SIL's mother will blame me, she's already called me selfish a few years ago when my husband and I were considering moving to another country to see if I could get a job easier elsewhere. Don't get her hate, I've always been so polite to her :huh:

Sorry for the rant :P I am looking forward to buying my husband's gift, can't say what it is since he knows I write here and what my user name is :)

Many thanks to Nence for my adorable sig with my cat Chani in it and Btd for my lovely avatar!

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 02:45:06 AM »
Most of my shopping was finished in june when i got 60% off at work.  I'm waiting for a few things to come in the mail and then I need pick up some more items at work when i get 60% off again.  and then!  baking of cookies for my many friends. :3
To be honest though, if I didn't work at the mall I would avoid it like the plague until after valentines.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 02:47:14 AM »
I start buying things all throughout the year so that way it won't be so expensive at the end of the year :) I have close to half my shopping done and I can't wait til Black Friday! :newpony:
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal