collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Another finished piece! Help with first time commissions?  (Read 2121 times)

audra-hime

• Trade Count: (0)
Another finished piece! Help with first time commissions?
« on: November 10, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »
I have never taken commissions before, but I would absolutely love to! I'm a fast worker and a great communicator! :) I'm thinking of asking for 5 or 10 dollars a piece! FULL COLOR AND BACKGROUND, can be two characters! My biggest priority will be making sure that you are happy with it! :) I can do a range of styles going from G4 to more horsey horses. Just check it out below! I'd like some feedback from experienced artists on how they usually do this! Thank you so much!

My Instagram friend's OC Chamomile!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here are Best Day Ever and Arctic Paramour for MikeysGrrrl!! Such a cute pair! I hope you like it! :)

Here's Rose Blue for Bow Tie! Such a cutie! I hope you like it! :)

Here's Azure Blaze for Kitkumi! Beautiful girl, oh my gosh. I really hope you like it!

Here's Marigold! I hope you like her! Again I have a backgroundless version if you'd prefer that! :) I think everything looks more finished with a bg no matter how simple. I had so much fun with that lovely hair!

Here is Corona's adorable OC, Duster! Excuse the horrid background, those I REALLY need practice on. I have a version without it as well if you'd rather have it! She was so fun and unique to draw!

I finished Bekuno's OC!! Tried some of my old human art techniques (like eyes) on the pony and I love it. :) I think I'm getting a better feel for my style. Loving all this practice! Thank you guys!! Starting on Corona's OC next!

I drew Reiya's beautiful OC, Chantilly! I'm always open to drawing OCs :) I really need and appreciate the practice!

A G4 Holiday Minty!

Some of my favorite G1 ponies in G4 style! Mostly because I'm not comfortable with my more horsey anatomy yet.
I hope you like them!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:48:54 PM by audra-hime »

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: First art post here!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »
She is super cute  :lovey:
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

audra-hime

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 10:39:04 AM »
She is super cute  :lovey:

Thank you so much!  :biggrin:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 11:36:25 AM »
OMG, she's so pretty! The long graceful neck and feet totally work well for her.

audra-hime

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 11:38:28 AM »
OMG, she's so pretty! The long graceful neck and feet totally work well for her.

I'm so glad you think so! I was worried I should have made her shorter, so I'm glad! Thank you so much! :biggrin:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 11:39:29 AM »
She is very pretty!

audra-hime

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 11:44:15 AM »
She is very pretty!

Thank you very much! :)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 03:06:45 PM »
She is lovely, I like the long hair!

For horse anatomy, the biggest thing I notice in this pic is that the joints of her back legs bend in the wrong directions.  Because horses are unguligrade, they walk on the very tips of their toes.  The hoof is actually a big toenail.  So what you see as a knee is really analogous to the ankle in human anatomy.  So when the joints seem backwards to you, it's because they don't really match up to what you would expect from looking at your own anatomy.  Does that make sense?

Overall though, I love the flow of the hair, the sparkles, and the little highlights.  :)  Very cute.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

audra-hime

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 12:48:24 AM »
She is lovely, I like the long hair!

For horse anatomy, the biggest thing I notice in this pic is that the joints of her back legs bend in the wrong directions.  Because horses are unguligrade, they walk on the very tips of their toes.  The hoof is actually a big toenail.  So what you see as a knee is really analogous to the ankle in human anatomy.  So when the joints seem backwards to you, it's because they don't really match up to what you would expect from looking at your own anatomy.  Does that make sense?

Overall though, I love the flow of the hair, the sparkles, and the little highlights.  :)  Very cute.

Yes! Thank you so much for the feedback!! I knew her back leg was wonky xD Thank you so much! I might change that!

audra-hime

I updated this picture! :)

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Awwww super cute!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

audra-hime

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
It's so nice seeing art of those 2 ponies; they don't seem to get a lot of love, but I'm pretty fond of them too, crazy lashes and all! I think you did a great job on them. You really captured their elegance, and they're nicely stylized. Love all that flowing hair!

The little G4 pony is quite cute too, but I just love seeing G1 art, even in non-G1 style, and especially under-appreciated ponies! ^^
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

audra-hime

It's so nice seeing art of those 2 ponies; they don't seem to get a lot of love, but I'm pretty fond of them too, crazy lashes and all! I think you did a great job on them. You really captured their elegance, and they're nicely stylized. Love all that flowing hair!

The little G4 pony is quite cute too, but I just love seeing G1 art, even in non-G1 style, and especially under-appreciated ponies! ^^

Aww, thank you so much for appreciating it! They're so lovely!! I totally agree with you!
And I've got the FiM style down to a T and it's what's preferred in a fb group I TRY to connect with... xD But they enjoy giving me their OCs to draw and it can be really fun! I'm going to try to practice all the other generations styles as well! There are so many older ponies my fingers are craving to draw!

Reiya

Re: (UPDATE!) Added another pony! I now take free requests!
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 08:10:43 AM »
Oh I love the Princesses! :flirty: Those two are extremely under appreciated. I think that your anatomy is getter much better. If you ever just want to draw a random OC feel free to draw Chantilly. She has the slimmer body type like the the SHS/ Bride and Celestia if you ever want practice.

Reiya

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal