collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you afraid of snakes?

Nope, they are the bees knees! I own one!
15 (15.5%)
Don't mind them and enjoy watching them.
56 (57.7%)
Nervous of them but respect their place in nature.
14 (14.4%)
ACK! SNAAAAKE SNAAAKE UUGH IT'S A SNAAAKE!!!! *Runs in circles*
8 (8.2%)
*Passed out on the floor*
4 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Ugh it's a SNAKE!!  (Read 2321 times)

Fisha Seabreeze

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ugh it's a SNAKE!!
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 08:30:42 AM »
Neat! I didn't know snakes lived so long.

I have been taking some time to think over whether I want to buy an albino garter snake or not. A new pet takes some consideration, I guess, and I want to be sure I can give it a good life. There is a nice little guy at our local pet store, and I fell in love, but I would need to find a secure enclosure for him first. I have two cats, one of which is a bobtail, and he is very curious. He has terrorized my rats a time or two.

Anyways, lovely pet!

I got Ben a reptile tank with a locking lid as snakes are the masters of escape, cats and other big animals should be kept away from snakes as they could easily kill your pet. Snakes are prey from many animals. :(

flyawayraven

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 09:54:02 AM »
I got Ben a reptile tank with a locking lid as snakes are the masters of escape, cats and other big animals should be kept away from snakes as they could easily kill your pet. Snakes are prey from many animals. :(

I had been wondering about how cats and snakes would get along and sadly suspected as much. :( My parents have had indoor/outdoor cats who loved hunting some of the local rat snakes. It's shame because ideally I'd love both a snake and a cat.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 03:08:47 PM »
On the scale of 1-5, I probably sit around number 4.  *runs around in circles with flailing arms*

Offline PrincessKelliee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 06:59:44 PM »
^ Me too  :lol:

But on my defence, my favorite pets are Rats which I own myself. The thought of a snake eating one of my baby's.....  :|

Offline Ziraous

• Big Brother Pony
  • Queen of Wolfmages
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 10:29:29 PM »
I love snakes and he is gorgeous! ^-^
Honestly I am more of a Boa and Corn Snake fan.

How many snakes do you own?
Lvє Mє Fr Mє
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ty Nonnavlis for my Avvie & Ty Nence for my Siggy.

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2013, 11:14:28 PM »
That is a beautiful snake! I like watching snakes. I dont have any pet snakes though. I have a black rat snake friend named Stubby that comes around sometimes. Well, it is cold now so I hope to see it around the yard when it gets warm again next year.
Hey, I am wondering... I call that snake 'Stubby' because most of the end of its tail is missing, will that grow back and I wont be able to recognize Stubby next year??

Englishgothgirl

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2013, 02:12:57 AM »
That is a beautiful snake! I like watching snakes. I dont have any pet snakes though. I have a black rat snake friend named Stubby that comes around sometimes. Well, it is cold now so I hope to see it around the yard when it gets warm again next year.
Hey, I am wondering... I call that snake 'Stubby' because most of the end of its tail is missing, will that grow back and I wont be able to recognize Stubby next year??
No It won't grow back

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2013, 04:39:40 AM »
I got Ben a reptile tank with a locking lid as snakes are the masters of escape, cats and other big animals should be kept away from snakes as they could easily kill your pet

Thats part of the reason I was not happy to find a random snake in my kitchen. I have a chinchilla.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2013, 08:56:27 AM »
No It won't grow back

Ah, well that is what I was thinkin. Poor little snake, I always wonder how it lost the tail.
I always wanted a pet snake, but thought it was a bad idea with cats and rabbits. So watching them pass by the yard is good for me.

So, how do you tell your pet snakes apart? Do they have a lot of differences up close?

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2013, 02:40:09 PM »
I like snakes. I think they're cute. ^_^

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »
Beautiful snake!  I love them.  I used to have a red-tailed boa who unfortunately lives with my ex now.  :/

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Fisha Seabreeze

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2013, 12:38:10 AM »
No It won't grow back

Ah, well that is what I was thinkin. Poor little snake, I always wonder how it lost the tail.
I always wanted a pet snake, but thought it was a bad idea with cats and rabbits. So watching them pass by the yard is good for me.

So, how do you tell your pet snakes apart? Do they have a lot of differences up close?

Snakes are not sexual dimorphic like some animals though females tend to be bigger and girthier due to them becoming pregnant with eggs/live young. Even then there are varients in size like a small female and huge male of the same speices and age, having your snake sexed is really the only way to be sure. Snakes like pythons and boas species wise come in all color patterns and sizes and are not hard to tell apart if you do your research on them. ^.^
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:39:42 AM by Fisha Seabreeze »

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2013, 01:03:05 AM »
Ah cool! I can tell the different kinds apart, seen many and held a few, but have not had the chance to get to know a snake. :) Do they have little personalities or quirks?

Oo, I forgot I had this crummy phone pic of Stubby crossing my path one day...or maybe I was crossing its path :D

Englishgothgirl

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2013, 02:15:52 AM »

One of mine :)

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile