collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do? Alternate Rehair or not?  (Read 404 times)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
What to do? Alternate Rehair or not?
« on: November 03, 2013, 08:18:54 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I won these 2 Ponies on Ebay. The SHS is fine with me. :) She's gorgeous even with the cut hair (She reminds me of a Tomboy with red hair. Like Merida :3 ). But baby Dibbles... as you can see her hair isnt that good. She doesnt have a forelock. But I dont know what to do with it. I dont have the right color to rehair and I dont want to purchase a whole lock for just one forelock. (Oh and I cant order from Dollyhair because paying problems) Ah well.

I still have some colors from Dolly hair I prevously ordered: Black Magick, Golden Wheat and Lucky Clover. I was thinking of rehairing the whole forelock in one of these colors for a personal Twist but I could decide to rehair the whole Pony. :) However I have these combinations in mind:

- 1. Completely Rehair with Lucky Clover
- 2. Completely Rehair with Black Magick
- 3. Rehair with Black and Lucky Clover Highlight
- 4. Rehair with Lucky Clover with Black Highlight

I made a pic for the last two options to see what I mean. :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So what do you think is the best? I preffer the last 2 options but I cant decide wich one.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:06:33 PM by TornadoTwist »

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What to do? Alternate Rehair or not?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 09:02:39 PM »
green forelock, black rest of her mane, tail is a mix of the two.

that's what i'd do. i dunno.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:07:26 PM »
Aw poor Dibbles. Her hair doesn't look like it has any pink left. But she still is so cute! :D
I was thinking #4.
But you also mentioned Golden Wheat, which I think would look fabulous with Lucky Clover highlights.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »
Aw poor Dibbles. Her hair doesn't look like it has any pink left. But she still is so cute! :D
I was thinking #4.
But you also mentioned Golden Wheat, which I think would look fabulous with Lucky Clover highlights.

Yeah the problem is is that M not such a big fan of having one natural color mixed with a neon one. Dont know why. Personal taste I guess. But thanks for your suggestion. :3 I will see it when I can hold the hair next to her. Perhaps I change my minds. x3

I was btw also thinking of using an even color of Lucky Clover and Black like. 3x2 Lucky Clover, 3x2 holes using black, 3x lucky clover etc.. Im however super excited since she will be my first altnerate rehair. :D

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 10:12:51 PM »
Well, I can understand that! :) I was thinking a sand and sea type color scheme with the golden Wheat and Lucky clover. But I've not seen those colors together, it could look terrible!

So you decided to do the full hair? Cool! I cant wait to see what you go with. I've done one alt-rehair too and it is quite fun to mix and match and blend the colors!
I'd just mention, if your going to do an even mix make sure you have enough hair holes so it doesn't get all wonky at the end.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 10:14:57 PM »
Well, I can understand that! :) I was thinking a sand and sea type color scheme with the golden Wheat and Lucky clover. But I've not seen those colors together, it could look terrible!

So you decided to do the full hair? Cool! I cant wait to see what you go with. I've done one alt-rehair too and it is quite fun to mix and match and blend the colors!
I'd just mention, if your going to do an even mix make sure you have enough hair holes so it doesn't get all wonky at the end.

Ah thanks for letting me know ^^ I need to cound them first then. I already now that I want the forelock and the end of her manes Black. Im only thinking how I will do the tail. Since thats one plug. Im curious how the blending works then.

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 11:52:41 PM »
I'm not sure how others do it, but I just take enough for a plug of hair in one color and a second in another. Lay them on top of each other, mix one down into the other with a finger. Then pick them both up holding at the middle, mist with water and comb until they are blended together. Then separate into two plugs again. It works for a whole tail too.
I think the tail is mostly about how you place the colors.
The alternate re-hair threads (http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,338372.0.html) has all kinds of cool stuff people have done.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 12:06:17 AM »
I'm not sure how others do it, but I just take enough for a plug of hair in one color and a second in another. Lay them on top of each other, mix one down into the other with a finger. Then pick them both up holding at the middle, mist with water and comb until they are blended together. Then separate into two plugs again. It works for a whole tail too.
I think the tail is mostly about how you place the colors.
The alternate re-hair threads (http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,338372.0.html) has all kinds of cool stuff people have done.

Ah thank you for the information. :) I hope she's already here today so I can start already. And yes I know that tread. Have been spying there already a few times. Such beautifull rehairs. That thread is the reason I wanna do one too. :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 12:12:00 AM »
Oooh! Poor Dibbles, I cant wait to see what you do with her. I will admit I would have been tempted to do the green with something other than black because her colour scheme could be a little drowned out by that combination. But I also think my lack of imagination is the problem there :P I bet she looks fantastic when done!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 12:31:21 AM »
Oooh! Poor Dibbles, I cant wait to see what you do with her. I will admit I would have been tempted to do the green with something other than black because her colour scheme could be a little drowned out by that combination. But I also think my lack of imagination is the problem there :P I bet she looks fantastic when done!

I just love to go Crazy sometimes. XD And Orange, Green and Black are my favourite colors soo.

Post Merge: November 04, 2013, 02:38:10 AM

Alright guys she here right now. :D I guess she was delivered while I was at my BF's house. Ah well. She's indeed missing her forelock and her hair feels really thin, dry but also greasy. Her tail is also white and has a pink/brown spot at her body (perhaps tailrust) also her tail is really frizzy at the end but otherwise fine. But I'm still gonna rehair her. :) I will post pics later.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:38:10 AM by TornadoTwist »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal