collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Remember When...? G3 History  (Read 1616 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: Remember When...? G3 History
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 03:25:55 AM »
I was most excited with the G3 line when, it was first released! I remember going to toysrus and seeing the double packs, Kimono, Autumn sky, sparkle works, ect. (so many new ponies!!) I was so excited to see mlp back on the shelves!  I don't recall how I found out they were being released, but I do remember going specifically to the store to get these new ponies. I was also very excited when they came out with Pegasus ponies!!
I know -- when I first saw new ponies on the shelves I think I may have had a minor heart attack! I had been disappointed with the G2s (I thought they were ugly), and we hadn't heard much from Hasbro on the MLP line since 1998 (at least, in the US), so I had been thinking that ponies would never come back. I was so excited to not only see new ponies, but to see new GOOD looking ponies!

Offline NorthernFlower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 04:28:59 AM »
I remember only that sad time when g2 disapiared ! -_-
 And I learned about g3 too late when it was the  end of the era. Fist time they seemed strange for me of course.  But when I started to love g3 they  almost gone.   That  boring clones everywhere, the core 6. Only fancy designs were  valentine adition Pinkie Pie and Sweetie Belle.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 05:21:29 AM »
My little heart soared when they brought in Pegasus and Unicorn Ponies and re-designed the babies!  Then I was so sad when they stopped and fudged the line up before creating the G4s.  I am so glad we have ponies, but I would have given anything to see more G3 Babies that did not have bell-bottom feet!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 06:55:36 AM »
Does anyone still check that trademark website? I've always been curious about that. There used to be a link! I think we should star checking that again! Silverfall? Do you have the link? *pokes silverfall who probably won't see this ;)*

There were such cool names on that they didn't use! Remember picnicity? Cabana rain?! Ohhh I wish!

Eta found the list! Looks like they've resubmitted for some old names like star swirl, amber locks, and daisy Jo. Also looks like they are trying to trademark the acronym mlp!

"Cabana Rain" sounds awesome!  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 07:06:13 AM »
My favorite G3 theme was the Butterfly Island Ponies! I loved all of the bright, bold colors and tropical themes! I remember being so excited to get ponies like Cloud Climber, Thistle Whistle, Kiwi Tart, Sea Spray and Alphabittle.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 07:06:22 AM »
I remember when Kimono suddenly became HTF.  The only place I could find them was Boscov's, so I visited every one in my area snatching them up for other members ^_^

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 07:26:06 AM »
I was super excited when I saw SLH Rainbowberry in a pamphlet and I just knew I HAD to have her! I never did find her in any stores, but my friend from England found her on UK ebay and sent her to me for my birthday last year :)

I remember being really excited about the unicorns and pegasi and also the scented and holiday ponies ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Ninox

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 08:27:48 AM »
I got into the MLP fandom about the same time G3 began. I remember liking Wysteria a lot (I got her and another pony as presents for two of my neighbor's kids) and following the discussion of the new releases on Lady Moondancer's message boards. I especially remember the mild uproar that the fork accessories from various playsets caused, and how in this context, "WTF" came to mean "Why The Forks?".
Looking for these two little Soma fakies:

(photos by Angervo and littlefox)

My Sales Thread

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 08:33:59 AM »
What was the uproar about forks?  Is it because they were so little and easy to lose?  I think that I still have the forks that go to my celebration castle.  I was a very uptight kid about losing things, so I always watched all the little accessories like a hawk to make sure none went missing.  I probably annoyed the heck out of my friends ("Be careful with that fork!  It's tiny and requires careful handling!!") :blush:

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 01:13:04 PM »
The first time I saw the G3s I was so unimpressed. I decided I didn't wanted them. So, a while later, people started to post a bush of cool pictures of G3 ponies "glued" (due to magnet on feet) every where, fridge, cars and so on. I remember a bunch of those pictures.

So I decided to get Rainbow Dash, but I would have to pay shipping from US to Brazil, so I got a few other ones with her and... well, now I have like 250 of them :P

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 04:27:09 PM »
probably when they first came out. i had to trade for them because it took forever to find any in Alaska

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 04:51:58 PM »
"Be careful with that fork!  It's tiny and requires careful handling!!"
:lmao:

Offline Ninox

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 05:16:48 PM »
What was the uproar about forks?  Is it because they were so little and easy to lose?
Well...it's a bit hard for something that has hooves to pick up and use a tool designed for something that has hands, if you catch my drift.  ;)
Looking for these two little Soma fakies:

(photos by Angervo and littlefox)

My Sales Thread

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 07:45:19 PM »
What was the uproar about forks?  Is it because they were so little and easy to lose?
Well...it's a bit hard for something that has hooves to pick up and use a tool designed for something that has hands, if you catch my drift.  ;)

In general the lack of opposable thumbs makes most pony accessories redundant :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 10:43:17 AM »
I remember being so excited to learn that Hasbro was revamping the line (since we barely got any G2).  It was exciting to think of finding them in stores again. Then one day a friend called me from downtown to say she's found some in store. I was on the next bus to go pick them up. They were at a specialty store, before they hot TRU and walmart, Etc so I overpaid badly for them, but I didn't care I was so happy to have the experience of finding them in stores again.

Elf

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal