collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Off Topic Sale question regarding digital gift cards and paypal  (Read 288 times)

Offline Prixton

• Trade Count: (+356)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Off Topic Sale question regarding digital gift cards and paypal
« on: November 01, 2013, 01:02:45 PM »
I received a gift card through an email for my birthday, which I am trying to resell on Ebay. I've noticed a lot of people on ebay sell gift cards and email the winning bidder the gift card, which sounds faster, easier, and cheaper than trying to mail anything through the post office, and that is how I intended to deliver this gift card to the winning bidder. However it occurs to me that for a seller to be protected on Paypal against fraudulent charge-backs, they must provide proof of shipping (usually a tracking number is required). I figured there must be some consideration given to items that can be sent digitally via email, but when I tried to find info on this on Paypal's website it basically said that "digital" items are generally not covered under Paypal's seller protection policy. So, on the one hand, it seems like my question is answered right there, but on the other hand, tons of people sell gift cards (and other items) digitally like that every day so maybe there is some other loop hole I couldn't find? Any information would be helpful, I just want to make sure I'm protected against any unscrupulous Ebay buyers...
Thanks.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic Sale question regarding digital gift cards and paypal
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 10:06:56 PM »
Selling electronic gift cards can be tricky. You’re not protected under EBay's Seller Protection if you send the code via email. Also gift card scams are abundant.

This is a quote from their policy page.

Not allowed
Gift card codes or electronically delivered gift cards
Prepaid credit cards (or money cards) from American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. For details, see our credit and debit cards policy.
Store or merchandise credit in the form of a receipt

Here is the link to their Gift cards policy:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/gift.html

There are to many deadbeats out there to not cover yourself 100%.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal