collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag Blues  (Read 800 times)

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Blind Bag Blues
« on: October 28, 2013, 11:16:22 PM »
Wave 8 has been the set I have been very slow in completing.  With money being tight and not as many different characters this time I haven't been snatching them up.  But there is one other reason why I haven't been getting them.  Every time I go to Walmart (and this never fails now a days) I find the Blind Bags ripped open and left in the box.  Sometimes the pony and card are still there or it's just a bag with a card in it.  Yesterday, I found 5 of them and in the past there would be a box of like 6 or so and they are all ripped open.  It's so irritating when we know how to get the ones we want, but others feel they have to destroy something in order to get what they want.  That's not fair to us who are technically playing by the rules. 

I took the opened bag to a employee and told her what a hassle it was and she nodded in agreement.  When Walmart finds destroyed product it's a long process to categorize and take care of the items.  So that is two groups of people who don't gain anything from destroyed product.  I wish the blind bags were near the cash registers where people are less likely to ruin things.  Granted I have seen pokemon cards ripped open too, so I guess we'll never be safe.   :cry:

Offline Draikinator

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Bag Blues
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 11:36:30 PM »
Yeah gosh it's so horrible! My walmart is not so bad, it's just basically always empty when I go. I have seen a lot of empty wrappers though and ponies just strewn out over the area. It's really annoying and disrespectful.
-Want to buy those squishy Russian "Plush Apple" brand toys, especially the shining armor/cadence set. also the russian chupa chups vinyl scratch.-

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 07:12:03 AM »
Unfortunately it is something which seems quite prevalent. There have been a lot of posts on the subject. :( Its always disappoint to see this kind of thing happening in stores and the more it happens the more stores will either stop carrying such products or sealing such products away so you have no hope of checking the codes. People are just damaging the things that interest them.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 01:50:52 AM »
It absolutely astounds me that this happens. Every time I go in my local Asda 80% of blind bags have been opened and just the cards and bags left. I HATE thieves. It's disgusting.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 09:45:35 AM »
I saw this at TRU.  I'm pretty sure it's the bronies, at least in my area--ALL of the MLP blind bags (2 boxes) were opened, but no other blind-bag item from any other line (and there are a lot out right now, including Lego minifigs, Playmobil figs, and lots of other big-name stuff) was damaged in any way.  Only 1 or 2 ponies actually stolen out of all that, too, and the bags were too high for tiny tots to reach, so it couldn't be blamed on the target demographic.

I've been thinking of starting a Pony Tales RPG campaign using the teensy little guys, so I've decided to buy ANY opened blind-bag I see, regardless of what's in it.  (Though it would probably be a lot cheaper to get the multipacks...)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 10:15:54 AM »
The same thing happens at the Walmart in my neck of the woods.  It isn't all the time though.  I have only seen a ton ripped open and stolen a couple of times.  Generally they are okay.  It really bothers me when people are dishonest.  Someone told me that a few years ago when the Neopets plushies with the codes for exclusive items were popular, they saw a mother telling her child (of about 4) to go steal the tags with the codes so they could sell them, the kid was less suspicious apparently.  By the time the person found an employee, the mom and the kid were nowhere to be found and they had removed almost every single code.  The whole blind bag theft thing just reminded me of that.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 01:32:06 AM »
CleverLC do they give a decent discount on the ones that are opened and still have a pony and card still in them?  I thought about buying the damaged ones, but usually I just turned the destroyed merchandise in to an employee. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal