collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Some people make the most amazing Swap Boxes - private with pinkaurora  (Read 722 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Okay, as the title says - some people make the most amazing swap boxes... and I am the lucky recipient of one of those amazing swap boxes! :cheer: Pinkaurora and I got together on the swap board chatting about a private "theme" swap... something where we focus the box and extras sorta towards a single idea... and we decided a "beach-y" type swap was right up both our alleys!

Well today I got my box in the mail from pinkaurora, and it blew me away! :lovey: I mean... it was just wonderful! So, here's my huge thick teaser of brag pictures... because, a picture is worth 1000 words. Though, I'm sure I'll keep talking it up through this whole post, so bear with me.

So, I get the box today (having a really down day, so this was a super fun surprise!) and it's very unassuming on the outside, but as soon as I open the box....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

WOW! Look at how ADORABLE the box is decorated! Sea ponies and fishies and everything!! That is just the box itself, :lol: not to mention how many beautiful pretties are peeking out from inside the box. I love love love the flaps on the box - and, admittedly... have cut them off the box to save. :biggrin:

Okay, so the first extras right on top were these GORGEOUS plates with seahorses and starfish on them! I love the look of these. The best part is too, they're not ceramic, so that means I can use them outside! Which is awesome because we spend ALOT of time outside and I've lost many dishes to the accidental "knock it off the picnic table onto the cement porch" breakages. These are SO perfect for all our picnics and grill outs and when we hang out by the pool! I actually can't believe I don't own ANY plastic plates for that purpose, these are the absolute PERFECT ones to have!! :inlove:

Okay, then I HAD to pull these out... these beautiful, sparkling ornaments - the seahorses stole my heart as soon as I saw them. They are BEAUTIFUL! I have NEVER seen an ornament like this, and I can NOT wait to put it on my tree this year. The fishy is SO funny, I LOVE the lips and eyes! Ribbons for fins - just a really pretty little touch. These may be my favorite ornaments that I own now! I have already put them up in my office, where they will remain for all the "non-holiday" time -because these babies are NOT getting packed away with the holiday stuff!! :heart: Their faces are so sweet, lol I really can't stop looking at them... :frolic:

Okay then - two beautiful postcards! I'm from Michigan originally, so I was really really excited and also nostalgic to see the Mackinac Bridge and the stadium of my FAVORITE baseball team in the world, The Detroit Tigers! I actually grew up right outside Detroit so, that was like a snapshot back to my hometown. I miss Michigan a lot. :inlove: These postcards mean a lot to me!

Here is the group shot of all the gifties that were wrapped! :shocked: SO many! And I LOVE that wrapping paper! :biggrin:

Alright, so, fast forward just a hair, as I opened everything and arranged it for pictures. There are all the lovely extras! There were actually 2 more plates on the bottom of the box (wow excellent packing idea... seriously!) so I have a whole set of 4! :banana: Besides the lovely ornaments and plates, I got two packages of those really fun "build together" erasers - one is delicious looking sweets (I seriously may eat these if they weren't rubber! They look yummy! :biggrin:) and the other is sea creatures! I LOVE these things haha! And there is this little tiny ceramic (?) sandcastle - above the ornaments in the photo. It is super cute, I really want to display it with my mini-sea-themed ponies on display, it's a perfect size for ponies!! I wonder how come none of the ponies came with a sandcastle (Unless Good Weather did...) but it is SO cute..

And then, I didn't mention these two jars in the middle... yes... THESE TWO JARS! :dribble: MICHIGAN CHERRIES!!! :freak: Not only cherry preserves but cherry butter too!! :frolic: Ohhh my gosh I can not WAIT to bust these jars open... I love love love cherries and of course, Michigan cherries most of all, these are fantastic!!

So... we should be done right? Oh wait NO I haven't even mentioned the ponies yet! :freak: That's right. In addition to that wonderful ton of extras... there were still ponies! :dropjaw: And.... here they are!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sand Digger!! :heart: I -love- this pony so much. She is absolutely one of my favorite ponies and up until recently I had almost forgotten about her existence (you know how that goes sometimes)... her hair is wild from the trip, but she's already proudly sitting with my sea-themed pony display. Gosh she makes me miss summertime! :heart: Next - BABY SEA PONIESSSSS :freak: I am totally a Baby Sea Pony freak! I opened Celebrate first - she's SO clean and pretty! My own poor Celebrate had terrible discoloration and now I have an amazing, beautiful, super pearly Celebrate! Just perfect! The same goes for the next gal, Sea Sparkle baby Surfy!! I had her sitting here in my own collection with nasty cancer all over her belly and discoloration... This Surfy? She's SPOTLESS. She's beautiful! Remarkable! I love it! Like 1000x nicer than mine, I am so thankful for the upgrade! :hug: (Oh and just a sidebar, I am in the stage of "most ponies I need to get are upgrades" - so, an upgrade for me is like... just as good if not better than getting a "new" pony, so these are amazing!!) - and NOT LEAST, but last... After I opened the little mini ceramic Sandcastle, I happened to open NEWBORN BABY SANDCASTLE!! *swoon* Oh my goshhhh now here's a gal I've been after for a while and she's again - flawless - hair as soft as silk... I just love the color she is! She's so unique... and newborn Unicorns just... get me right in the soft spot. I LOVE her!!

But... but that wasn't all. There was this one bigger package waiting to be opened, (one I loved because pinkaurora covered up birthday with "Swap Day" on the wrapping paper! I thought that was a really cute and personal little touch! :lol:)... and I open it to find...

Ohmygod... MIB WingSong... a G2?!?! :freak: :frolic: :inlove: :dribble: I seriously haven't had a G2 come around in my hands since I tracked down the Bride I was looking for, probably about a year ago now... she is SO lovely! I don't even know if I knew about her whole accessories or anything - but #1) I have birds here on the farm (sure, they aren't songbirds like this pony has - but, nonetheless), #2) I love things that are wildlife-y with songbirds, #3) I go birding... She's just SO pretty. I can't get over it. And I can't imagine how you got her! But I love her so so much!!

PHEW! Okay apparently I didn't take a group shot at the end, I was probably overly excited to get this brag posted... haha :lol: All I can say pinkaurora is - you made such an amazing swap box for me, thank you for everything!! I know mine is a little behind yours but I hope that what I sent you will make you even a FRACTION as happy as yours did for me! These ponies are absolutely adorable, the extras are beautiful, and I cannot wait to eat some Cherry Butter toast on my new plates! :hug: You really went above and beyond and your swap box was fantastic! Thank you so much for everything!! :hug: :heart: :hug:

P.S...
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! :heart:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Some people make the most amazing Swap Boxes - private with pinkaurora
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 05:56:07 AM »
WOW! Those sea horses and fish are so pretty! Congrats on your new ponies :)

Offline sacred_tinker

• Trade Count: (+181)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.TinkasTrinkets.etsy.com
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 06:10:46 AM »
Huge congrats on that fantastic swap box! :D

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 06:22:29 AM »
Thanks guys! I really was spoiled! Everything is beyond lovely~! :lovey:

My Want List

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 06:37:11 AM »
*dies* That's an AMAZING box! Not only the contents, but the decoration! Pinkaurora did such an amazing job! :cheer: Congrats!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 06:44:19 AM »
*dies* That's an AMAZING box! Not only the contents, but the decoration! Pinkaurora did such an amazing job! :cheer: Congrats!

Yes I know! I... definitely was not as awesome when it came to decorating her box as she was on mine... :facepalm:

My Want List

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 08:19:53 AM »
Wow that's one awesome swap box!! Baby Sandcastle :lovey: she's sooo cute!!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 10:04:42 AM »
Awesome swap box Sunshine! You deserve it too cause you're such an amazing person :)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 10:12:01 AM »
G'awwwww :blush: :hug:

You're so sweet! :biggrin:

Thanks everyone! I still am ooh-ing and aah-ing over everything, playing with my new gals. And really really trying not to spoil dinner by eating a whole bunch of cherry preserves and cherry butter toast... :lol:

My Want List

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 05:12:21 PM »
Wow!  What a box!  You deserve it, lucky girl!
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 05:50:48 PM »
What a lovely box.  The ponies look lovely and I really like your sparkly ornaments :)

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 11:09:50 PM »
The swap box is wonderful but the decorations and the wrapping paper totally make it.  How fun!!
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 02:11:56 PM »
What a lovely box, congrats!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »
Wow! What an awesome box!! Congrats Sunshine :)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »
Thanks all!

I'm pretty sure pinkaurora is actually on vacation this week so, she won't get my box until she gets home but... I hope she sees this post and how much I loved everything :biggrin:

My Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal