collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay weird email  (Read 742 times)

Offline lovebeam

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay weird email
« on: October 27, 2013, 04:04:27 PM »
I got this email on one of my non pony auctions:

The year is 2013.  Isn't it time to finally realize that ALL VIEWERS DO NOT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS!!!!!  Really, what does it take for Gentiles to actually realize that their religion is not the major religion in the world! 

Can't you just say...'the HOLIDAYS are coming' instead of 'Christmas is coming'?  Could you relate to an ad that said 'Kwanzaa is coming' or 'Chanukah is coming' or 'Ramadan' is coming'? 

Umm, It's MY auction and I can and shall say what I wish.
2,2 2 names in one! Lovebeam @ Cobralily
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

utter flutter

• Trade Count: (0)
Ebay weird email
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 05:08:27 PM »
Wow some people .
Christmas is comming for you and for millions of others , it's a fact that it will be celebrated almost world wide. Even by many who are not Christians. 

Ok not by every one dose recognize it  but they are more than welcome to list there holidays in there own listings if they feel the need .
Freedom of religion and all that.

It's going to be like Voldemort from Harry potter soon. "The Holliday that must not be named"

I'd simply  write back .....
 " Baa humbug "

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:10:38 PM by utter flutter »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Re: Ebay weird email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 05:56:35 PM »
Wait, some user sent that message to you?

I'm sorry but some things are "for Christmas"... I mean, they are. Right? It's the name of the holiday that is MOST marketed, you can't deny that. I'm always happy to see more and more "less mainstream" religious holidays getting celebrated. I remember I hardly ever saw anything for Hanukkah or Kwanza as a kid (like, one or two things) - and now there are entire sections of stores for those holidays...

But, you have every right to say Christmas on your auction if you want to! I would just ignore them... someone looking to start some sort of argument just for the sake of saying what they think...  :huh:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 06:14:45 PM »
Ignore 'em. 
They're just looking for an argument or someone to browbeat.  The best thing you can do is turn a deaf ear to their complaint.  I don't celebrate any of the official winter holidays, but that doesn't mean I berate someone from wishing me a happy _________ (insert holiday of choice). 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Ghost

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 06:56:52 PM »
Ignore and block them would be the safest course I'd think.  If there going to try and pick a fight over that then I wouldn't think it would be worth the risk of them actually buying an item from you and starting something when the situation involves money.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »
How bizarre :blink: Sounds like they have a chip on their shoulder or are just looking for a fight. It's your listing and you can write whatever you want. I have non Christian friends (some atheist) and they celebrate Christmas, just not the religious part. The world is just too politically correct sometimes :huh:
My Wish List

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 09:36:53 PM »
I agree with everyone else. Ignore them, block them and continue doing your listings the way you see fit. There are people out there who either have nothing better to do or just want to engage in an argument.

So Don't Feed the Trolls is my advice!!!  :P

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 09:51:12 PM »
Don't Feed the Trolls is my advice!!!  :P

This ^^ :nod:
 wow how weird to randomly email someone about that :crazy: yes ok not everyone celebrates christmas, but you have freedom of choice and that person has no right to be sending you rude emails. Block them and ignore them.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 09:58:23 PM »
Christmas is for everyone in my opinion, even the non-believers  :) (who could resist presents and candy canes? I know I can't!  :lol: ) it's just celebrated in different ways around the world :)
That person needs to realize that  :blink:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 01:57:43 AM »
oh brother. I love how she used the term Gentiles as well. A dead giveaway of why she's tossing a fit.

Tell ya what, you use whatever darn term you want to use. If someone is tossing that much of a fit over a word, then they are too deeply involved in what that term means for use in a auction description.

Simply block and ignore.

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 05:39:54 AM »
The nerve of some people! I mean who the heck is she to say that you shouldn't say "Christmas" in your auction. What an idiot, only of the most important things in this world IS free speech and freedom of religion, never let anyone make you feel bad or try and take that from you ;) I would do as others said and ignore and block, definitely a troll or one of those people who like to try and control everyone else because they disagree with their belief. This is happening more and more around the world and I saw a school that was trying to ban their choir from singing "Christmas related" songs in fear of "offending" someone, makes me sick.....sorry this is a bit of a touchy subject for me lately lol, I don't care if someone worships a giant care bear in the sky, I am not the one that is going to tell them they are wrong... :biggrin:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 05:50:28 AM »
I don't care if someone worships a giant care bear in the sky, I am not the one that is going to tell them they are wrong
Omg..... :lmao: that's funny right there!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 05:59:58 AM »
lol, I just have the belief that everyone is entitled to believe what ever the heck they want, either way it isn't bothering me ;) People are way too "offended" lately, they are just closed minded, I just had an argument with someone about gay marriage not too long ago that was similar. He was getting all worked up about gay people wanting to get married and I just said...well they are not trying to marry you, or asking you to marry them so what is your complaint exactly... LOL
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:59:05 AM by blondee1982 »

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 07:57:50 AM »
"Then don't look at my auction."  Block and ignore, for sure.  Whack job.  I tell people "Merry Christmas" all the time around that time of year.  I'm trying to be nice and friendly, not offend.  People need to chill out.

Tirac

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 08:04:58 AM »
Yikes ;n;
If you celebrate Christmas, you have every right to say "Merry Christmas" just like if they don't, they have every right not to.
People need to realize that just as they are entitled to an opinion, other people are as well.
What that person did is rude. I celebrate the winter solstice, but that doesn't mean I demand everyone else do so as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal