collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I knew someday this would happen...Did I say the right thing?  (Read 740 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
I knew someday this would happen...Did I say the right thing?
« on: October 27, 2013, 01:57:56 AM »
I got a question today on eBay. That isn't at all unusual. But this was a question from a bidder wanting to know why I had blocked them when they hadn't even bought from me before, saying they always paid promptly. So that means I had blocked them as a result of someone else having dealt with them and having a bad experience.

I knew someday this would happen, but at first I wasn't sure what to say. Then I told her I was a member of a pony forum and that someone else had had a bad experience with her and she might be on several blocked lists. And then I told her that sellers on eBay aren't given very good protection, that sharing our experiences on the forums help us protect ourselves against buyers who like to leave undeserving negatives, neutrals, low stars and non-paying bidders. I also told her that I know it's a he said/she said situation, but because of eBay's lack of protection, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Did I say the right thing? I wasn't ready to be confronted by someone I had blocked.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I knew someday this would happen...Did I say the right thing?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 02:09:31 AM »
It sounds fair to me.  I know that if I'm blocking someone that I've not dealt with before, it's for a very good reason mentioned here in Trader Support.  Chances are that if she's blocked for that reason, she can figure out the reason why she was mentioned here.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 02:29:14 AM »
You definitely said the right thing. Might even make her think twice before she does, whatever she did, again.
If she's really bothered about the item she'll tell you her side of the story and then you can make a decision based on that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 02:33:54 AM »
I have had it happen before and my response was the same as yours.

I am sure you had a legit reason for them being on your list. I would just leave it as it is at this point and not engage in a full blown conversation. I think you were polite and informative and there is really nothing more to say.

Did you know though you can actually block folks, whom you have blocked from contacting you?  If not I suggest doing so and then that way you won't have to worry about this sort of awkward situation in the future.  Because no matter how bad whatever they did to make it to your blocked bidder list, it still makes you feel like a jerk for blocking them.  :(

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 02:41:13 AM »

Did you know though you can actually block folks, whom you have blocked from contacting you?  If not I suggest doing so and then that way you won't have to worry about this sort of awkward situation in the future.  Because no matter how bad whatever they did to make it to your blocked bidder list, it still makes you feel like a jerk for blocking them.  :(

No, I didn't know this... How?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 02:53:35 AM »
Just go to your my ebay, account, site preferences, selling preferences, buyer requirements, edit, then scroll down and select the box that says "Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me. They will now not see the "Contact Seller" button on your Q&A page.

Hope that helps!

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 03:40:36 AM »
I thought if the person was blocked then your listings wouldn't show up in their searches :blink:
My Wish List

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 03:42:22 AM »
Thanks, Ponylady, I'll do that now!

Edit: I just went to that option and the box where it says don't allow blocked bidders to contact me was already checked!  :mad:  I don't understand!!! So how did she contact me. I checked my blocked bidders list and she was definitely on it!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 03:46:20 AM by bluerose9978 »

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 04:34:32 AM »
*pony hugs*  Sometimes it is very awkward having to converse with people, especially when it's unexpected. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 07:10:48 AM »
She may have saved your email, since they said they bought from you before?
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 07:13:45 AM »
No, she never bought from me before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 07:39:36 AM »
Although I've never had a blocked buyer contact me before, I have been on the other side of this.

I was interested in some clothing by a seller in the US, they have really cute stuff. Anyways, I tried bidding and it wouldn't let me, I tried contacting them through ebay and it wouldn't let me. Then I tried to contact then and chose "other" as the option and it allowed me to message them.

Needless to say I did send a message asking why I was unable to purchase as I do have 100% positive feedback as a buyer and they responded by saying that they must've had a good reason to block me, although they never had any type of interaction with me, perhaps I had problems with another seller that they were friends with.

To be honest, that really ticked me off. In all the time that I've had my account and the 400+ transactions as a buyer, I've only ever had problems with 1 seller and it was the sellers fault, not mine, I was never rude to the seller, left positive feedback and everything.

I think that there is always a possibility that when someone is having problems with a buyer or seller that they may not give all of the details, or perhaps they make it sound far worse than it is because they are frustrated.

In any event, I did respond back politely stating that I appreciated their response and I was sorry that they weren't willing to give me a chance.

There are 2 sides to every story. That was the only reason I posted this, I just wanted to show how even someone with stellar feedback can wind up on someone's blocked list for pretty much no reason, or at least no reason that the seller can recall. *Clearly not in the pony community*

I am sorry that they contacted you and you felt uncomfortable and unsure as to how to respond to them. I would probably feel the same way if that happened to me. 

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 07:48:49 AM »
I agree that there is always two sides to every story. And thank you for letting me know how there is ways around the contacting option. I reviewed her feedback left for others and also listened to what she has to say. And I decided to give her a chance. She is a pony collector so she can't be all bad and she seems super excited about bidding on a couple of my ponies. She only seemed to have had a problem with that one seller. And I have had problems with sellers and although I have only ever once left a negative, I can understand frustration.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 10:05:25 PM »
I think you did the right thing explaining to her about why she is blocked :bigups: 
 Also its up to you if you want to give her a chance after weighing everything up -  I'm glad you checked out her feedback etc first and I hope that all goes well with your sale  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal