collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blocked Country but Buyer still was able to buy item?  (Read 791 times)

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Blocked Country but Buyer still was able to buy item?
« on: October 24, 2013, 10:24:53 PM »
So I had some newbie girl from Australia buy one of my items on ebay.  But I only ship in the US.  Its clearly in my listing and I blocked the country.  How was she able to do the buy it now?  And then she messages me like will you ship to Australia - um NO!  I had to send her a cancel transaction request.  Can she leave me negative feedback?

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Blocked Country but Buyer still was able to buy item?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 11:37:01 PM »
GSP? I have seen numerous listings on ebay from sellers who state in their listings that they only ship within the US, however they are set up with the GSP (Global Shipping Program) which allows users from other countries to make a purchase.

On more than 1 occasion I have sent a message to the seller asking about their shipping and whether or not they ship to Canada, I usually get a response back saying "no I don't, it's clearly stated in my listing." Which leads me to respond with "You may want to go into your settings and turn the GSP off, since it's showing on my end that you DO ship to Canada." Or something along those lines, I'm not rude about it, it's a heads up. I'm honestly shocked by how many sellers don't realize that they are set up with that :huh:

That would be my guess anyways.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 11:38:34 PM »
Have you opted out of the Global Shipping Program as well as restricted buyers solely to the USA?  I know there's a setting you have to specially opt-out of, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Someone else will probably have more advice - I will watch this thread and learn something!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 01:00:35 AM »
I already did all 3 things that should have prevented this situation.

1. I stated in my listing US ONLY.
2. I blocked shipping to all countries.
3. I opted out of the Global Shipping Program.

So my question to ebay is WHY WAS SHE STILL ALLOWED YO BUY MY ITEM?!

I am very confused amd frustrated. :/

EDIT:  I also used the block setting on buyer requirements page, so I did 4 things to prevent this!

Here is what ebay customer support says:

Here's what we found for "block other countries"

If your listing ended with an overseas buyer, but you specified that you're not shipping internationally (nor is your item part of the Global Shipping Program), then contact the buyer and explain that they didn't fulfill the terms of your listing. You then have 2 options moving forward:
•Buyer pays the extra shipping costs for their country.
 Find out how much it will cost to ship the item to the buyer and they pay you the additional cost.

•You both agree to cancel the transaction.
 If you cancel the transaction, you can give the buyer a refund, cancel the transaction in our Resolution Center, and request a final value fee credit.

To block international buyers from bidding on your items, click the links in these steps:
1.Select the regions or countries you don't ship to.
2.In the Buyer Requirements page, select Block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location I don't ship to.

Also, be sure to clear the international shipping check box when you create your listing.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 01:06:57 AM by apanda0622 »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 01:43:09 AM »
Do they perhaps have a US address and that's why it went through? I mean if a buyer has other countries blocked from bidding or buying then a message should pop up for the buyer saying that the order can't go through. I can't remember the exact wording of the message but I've gotten it before.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 03:04:54 AM »
She may very well have provided a US address.  Since the ball is in your court as far as shipping, I would get a shipping quote for something like Express Mail with signature confirmation, and tell your buyer that is the only way you will ship.  Also, call eBay directly and ask them about what they can do to remove feedback if your buyer decides to get hostile.

Best of luck to you, and sorry this happened!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 05:57:06 AM »
I had a similar problem several months ago. I ship to most countries, but I've blocked several that are known to be difficult or those that you can purchase shipping online. I had a buyer get through the block & purchase the item anyway. I sent her an invoice with shipping (priority international), she paid, & I sent the package out via the post office. No problems with the transaction. I still have no idea how she was able to buy even though her country was blocked.

I've also had a buyer message me & say they were not able to buy my item via BIN because I didn't ship to their country. I double checked my settings & their country was not blocked. I never heard back from that buyer, but have since sold to someone else in the same country.

So... I have no answers for you, but I have run into similar strange situations.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 08:41:39 AM »
If you send her a request to cancel transaction, then yes, she is still able to leave feedback. But in this case since you have it stated clearly that you don't ship outside of US, then I would imagine that ebay would remove the negative/neutral FB if she was to leave it, since it sounds like some kinda "slip through the cracks" fault on ebay. Good luck in whatever you decide!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal