collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Repainting eyes?  (Read 261 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Repainting eyes?
« on: October 21, 2013, 10:57:43 AM »
So, I FINALLY found my Mrs.Cake and Twirly Treats set! YAY!  :frolic: It had always been my intention to only keep Twirly Treats and sell on Mrs. Cake, but now that she's here...gosh darn she is so cute!

But her eyes. Man. Her EYES. I really, really can not stand the design they gave for her eyes. : / I know the basic idea about removing her eyes and painting her new ones, but I've never painted such fine details before and I don't have a steady hand in the slightest. I'm afraid of making her look worse than she does now! Your opinion, should I try anyway? Find a customizer? Do customizers tend to simply tweak one small thing like the eyes? I'd love to give her a new name and turn her into Cupcake's twin sis, but I'm nervous about ruining her!

Help!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Repainting eyes?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »
The great thing about repainting her eyes , is you really can't go wrong. If you make a mistake you can take some dampened tissue and wipe it off, or if it's dried you can use acetone to remove the paint and start again.

It really just boils down to practice, what better time to practice than now? Nothing bad will come of it, you can play around with a few different ideas and find an eye style that you like.

There really is no point in keeping her as she is if you don't like the way she looks, so have some with her, not only will you fix her up but you'll learn how to do eye repaints and what works best for you along the way ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 11:59:16 AM »
I'm sure there are plenty of customizers that would give her new eyes for you if you really wanted to spend the money. BUT if I were in your shoes I would just repaint them myself, practice on some other cheaper common mane six to get the feel for it and remember if you mess up you can always just erase it with acetone and try again.  :biggrin:
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 12:00:07 PM »
 Eyes are always the most difficult part for me, but if you've got a steady hand, no harm in trying! You can always get a customizer to fix her if you aren't satisfied in the end.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal