collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Card Swap 2013 -> all done!  (Read 37539 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: Card Swap 2013
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2013, 05:20:55 AM »
Favorite Color(s)? Green!, blue, purple, black, grey, silver. I pretty much like all the cool colors and dislike the warm colors.

Favorite Animal(s)? I love almost all animals, especially mammals, reptiles, and birds.

Favorite MLP? G1: Gusty and Fizzy are my top favorites, but I have many others that I love, as well! G3: Wisteria and Piccolo G4: Rainbow Dash

Other tidbits of information? Hmm... I love video games! I mostly play J-RPGs and western RPGs. I also frequently attend conventions and have been known to sew costumes, though I haven't made a good one since 2010. I guess you could find out pretty much anything you need to know by visiting my Livejournal (which I, sadly, have been a member of since 2004 but have recently been neglecting): http://ringwraith10.livejournal.com/profile

Your winter holiday? Christmas, but I would welcome any holiday themed card. :)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2013, 07:06:34 AM »
Got a question, the cards we make are they to celebrate how we celebrate or how OTHERS celebrate? Like since I celebrate with a Halloween Christmas can I make all 5 of mine Halloween Christmas-y? Or do I need to wait and make one of different holidays?

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2013, 07:10:10 AM »
Got a question, the cards we make are they to celebrate how we celebrate or how OTHERS celebrate? Like since I celebrate with a Halloween Christmas can I make all 5 of mine Halloween Christmas-y? Or do I need to wait and make one of different holidays?
I'm sure Kiwi will have a good answer for this. I know in the rules and stuff it says to be open to religious stuff and different types of cards ect. I would assume as long as it has a Christmas type theme it would be acceptable, but I'm not for sure on that. I know last year I received a lot of cards that were either maybe one type of card sent to everyone (I did that) or ones people kinda created to each person. I think that's up to you.

I'm kinda confused you celebrate Halloween on Christmas?
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2013, 07:15:58 AM »
Yeah as I understand it, you can make whatever theme of card you want.

Offline Pandora

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2013, 09:09:31 AM »
I just sent in my info so hopefully I'll be approved.  This will be my first swap of any sort!

Favorite Color(s)? --Green (most shades except really yucky brown-ish ones), turquoise, purple, and darker shades of pink.

Favorite Animal(s)? --Wolves are my main favorite, but I also love tigers (especially white ones)

Favorite MLP? --G4 Rainbow Dash, G1 Gypsy, G3 Anchors Away

Other tidbits of information?--  I'm 26, I have a 4 year old daughter who also loves MLP, I'm definitely into Harry Potter, Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, and Supernatural.  I love oceans and lightening storms.  I'm not very creative so wish me luck! lol

Your winter holiday?--  I celebrate Christmas, but I would welcome any card you'd like to send me.   :good:

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2013, 09:43:11 AM »
 I'm in like Flynn  :silly:

It's my first swap too- maybe we could get people to post samples of past year's cards to get the creative juices flowing?  I have some ideas but would also like to see what others have done!

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2013, 09:52:51 AM »

It's my first swap too- maybe we could get people to post samples of past year's cards to get the creative juices flowing?  I have some ideas but would also like to see what others have done!

Yeah! I love this idea. It's my first swap too :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2013, 10:34:50 AM »

You can do whatever you like! :D

Here's last year's swap thread - there should be some pics in there somewhere :)
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,313169.0.html
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

DerbyGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2013, 11:38:49 AM »
Sent in my form, this should be fun! I'll have to find a template or something, so I can send handmade cards. I don't have the equipment to just print some off the computer and go that route xD

If there's any questions you all are answering, I shall do my best to search through this thread and answer them xD

wyndstar

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2013, 04:10:33 PM »
Hey! i generally lurk around but i'd love to get more active on this forum! so i've submitted my app and look forward to getting to know some of you better :)

Offline Arokiss

• Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2013, 01:22:08 AM »
Hi all,

I'd also like to join, I just submitted my information.

Here's some info about me:

Favorite Color(s)?
Pink, yellow, orange

Favorite Animal(s)?
Horses, cats, snails

Favorite MLP?
Sparkler and Dancing Butterflies

Other tidbits of information?
I'm 30 years old, I live in The Netherlands. My boyfriend and I bought a house in April, so this will be our first Christmas together. I hope he lets me put a Christmas pony and perhaps a Christmas Barbie under the tree ^_^

Your winter holiday?
I like Christmas a lot, the whole atmosphere.

I still have the cards from earlier swaps, from 2004 and 2009. I met my boyfriend in 2010, so he got most of my attention, and my MLP a bit less, but since we're living together, I'm collecting more actively.

*JM*

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2013, 01:39:58 AM »
I'm sure Kiwi will have a good answer for this. I know in the rules and stuff it says to be open to religious stuff and different types of cards ect. I would assume as long as it has a Christmas type theme it would be acceptable, but I'm not for sure on that. I know last year I received a lot of cards that were either maybe one type of card sent to everyone (I did that) or ones people kinda created to each person. I think that's up to you.

We celebrate a combination. We decorate during Halloween and leave it up until Christmas. We look at it as one long Holiday.

girlyponce

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2013, 07:32:04 AM »
Hopefully I get in this year too :)

Favorite Color(s)?
Green, Purple & Silver

Favorite Animal(s)?
Cats, Rabbits & Chameleons!

Favorite MLP?
G1: Ice Crystal, Seashell, Bubbles
G2: Silver Swirl
G3: Rainbow Dash, Anchors Away
G4: Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Dewdrop Dazzle

Other tidbits of information?
Hm.... I can't think of anything right now! (Maybe I'll update this space later...)

Your winter holiday?
Chrismukkahtice. My father celebrates the Solstice, my mother celebrates Christmas & I usually celebrate Hanukkah.  ;)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2013, 09:59:50 AM »

We celebrate a combination. We decorate during Halloween and leave it up until Christmas. We look at it as one long Holiday.

Lol that's def interesting. I have too many Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations to combine. Man I got four trees. :lookround:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2013, 03:49:59 PM »
Looking forward to this swap again but I think I will use envelopes as well... there isn't a postage difference for me and I wouldn't want the art to be ruined.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal