collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Card Swap 2013 -> all done!  (Read 36261 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Card Swap 2013 -> all cards mailed (don't forget to PM when you receive)
« Reply #795 on: December 21, 2013, 07:21:43 AM »
sosoftbuttons, a card less to worry about for you, yesterday one of your cards has arrived at me  ^.^
I love the old card with the landscape - in fact, I'd love to go there! that plain, and those white rocks! when I looked at them I was sure they must contain some fossils - and now that I looked the location up I found out they indeed do!
also, it's interesting to see that all the new pictures show the lighthouse down, in the water, where in your card it is up on the top of the rocks. may it be that since your pic was taken the old lighthouse was destroyed, as the water eroded the rocks, and they have re-bulit it on its original location? I must go and look up more info on this  :satisfied:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #796 on: December 21, 2013, 08:20:17 PM »
After a very hard last working week and some awesome holidays in Amsterdam with only rough internet connection, I'm relaxed enough to take the time and deliver some of you from the impatience of waiting.

I got cards from Aflame, Beldarna, Nessy_86 and candiedapples so far, so only one is missing. Thanks a lot for your cards they are all very nice.

As my cards have made it all to their destinations, I can post pics too:

The first one was made for sosoftbuttons - Argie Windy as arabian horse with real pony hair on purple airbrushed background
The second one was made for Aienhime - the colors of G2 Princess Golden Dream as baby cat with soft pastel airbrushed background

The next one was made for Salli - a wintery scene on an ivory and dark purple mountain background with faux snow.

The one below was made for Tikibirds - a Gusty with another style, made with the Fantasyhorse maker by DollDevine with some red and green airbrushed background

The last one was made for Valhallalilli - she posted that she likes hedgehogs, so I found a cute one and gave him a real nice little scarf on a yellow/ purple airbrushed background

So all of them were made with a lot of love and I hope they are belovedby their new owners.

sosoftbuttons

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #797 on: December 22, 2013, 04:35:50 AM »
sosoftbuttons, a card less to worry about for you, yesterday one of your cards has arrived at me  ^.^
I love the old card with the landscape - in fact, I'd love to go there! that plain, and those white rocks! when I looked at them I was sure they must contain some fossils - and now that I looked the location up I found out they indeed do!
also, it's interesting to see that all the new pictures show the lighthouse down, in the water, where in your card it is up on the top of the rocks. may it be that since your pic was taken the old lighthouse was destroyed, as the water eroded the rocks, and they have re-bulit it on its original location? I must go and look up more info on this  :satisfied:

squeeeeeeeeeee!!!  so glad you got it :biggrin:  I tried to include as many things that you liked :P  the white cliffs in that area are all part of Britain's Jurassic coast  :cool:  = fossils everywhere!!  and yes, if you google the belle tout lighthouse you will find lots of information about it... it is stil there, thank goodness! they actually moved the WHOLE LIGHTHOUSE (yes, really!) down the cliff some years ago by about 30m as it was *REALLY* close to falling into the sea :crazy:  and they made a tv documentary about it.  the new lighthouse is down at sea level on the beach and it is fully automated, belle tout was decommissioned many years ago (sadly, but then computers seem to fuel progress in everything these days :( )  back in 2011, I stayed at the belle tout lighthouse for two nights for my birthday treat to self  :biggrin: :satisfied: :biggrin:  i'll dig out some photo's when i'm on the puter, today I am on the laptop.

only one more card for me and I will have received all five, fingers crossed it lands tomorrow!! :P  and only one of mine left to be delivered so i'm nearly done there too - or rather the mail service is nearly done ;)

and I have finished my lecture on English lighthouse history :lookround: sorry everypony, I do get carried away when I am passionate about something  :blush:

is that nearly all the cards in now?!?!?!?

and :faint: at pandabear-chan, all your cards are amazing! you are so talented, wow, they are stunning!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:38:52 AM by sosoftbuttons »

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 22, 2013, 10:07:13 AM »
Pandachan - your cards are all awsome!
I think Im gonna frame mine  ^.^

And why does my mail always take 5X longer then everybody else to arrive?  :cry:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:11:33 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 22, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »
I'm waiting on one more card, and 2 of mine still have to reach people. Let's hope tomorrow is Pony Mail Day!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline BabySunnybunch

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://sugarmedic88.blogspot.com/
« Reply #800 on: December 22, 2013, 12:51:25 PM »
I received all of my postcards! I actually received the last 2 last week I think? Possibly the week before. I literally have had no time to sit at a computer and upload this photo. I tried from my iPhone, but I couldn't get it to work!

Here are all my lovely postcards! I had to pull them down off my card display to take this photo =)

Thank you so much to xeevee, katgyrl, Moondancer1073, sweetscoops, and Eldarwen!! All of your postcards were so sweet!

Actively seeking G1 Nurse Ponies with their hats! PM me if you have one for sale!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 23, 2013, 02:28:55 AM »
Last card came in today! Thank you so much feytje! I love the ornament, the stickers, and the stamps! I'll try to post a pic of all of my cards later.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline ArenaHunt

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 23, 2013, 02:47:12 AM »
Wow, looking good so far. Assuming all communications are up to date, there's only 40 cards left (out of 215 mailed).

I'm a little concerned I haven't heard from girlyponce at all about any cards being received, hope she is ok. She's been online, and I sent a PM, but no response. :(

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 23, 2013, 04:11:52 AM »
It looks like four of my cards arrived, which just leaves one more.. I hope it gets there soon!
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 23, 2013, 04:18:10 AM »
unfortunately I haven't received any cards today :(

however, I wanted to let my swap partners whose cards I didn't yet receive know something that is a main factor in me receiving cards during the holidays: this week is going to be a little crazy, as we have some special changes for this week: the 24th of December has been officially announced a non-working day in my country, and also the 27th (they are like Saturdays, and we had to work on 2 previous Saturdays instead), creating a very short week workday-wise. this means that there won't be any more mail delivery during the rest of this week.
because of this - I don't know if I can request this or not, I hope this isn't against the rules - even though the deadline will be during the holidays, I request you not to prepare replacement cards for me just yet. I'm sure all your cards are on the way and there's nothing to worry about yet, it's just these strange settings that block them from arriving - I'm pretty sure I will receive some delayed mail next Monday and Tuesday.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

sosoftbuttons

« Reply #806 on: December 23, 2013, 04:35:59 AM »
my final card arrived today :biggrin: 

thanking tikibirds for my drawing of medley!!!  and the sparkly candy-cane stickers are soooo cool, I've not seen anything like them here in England. 

thankyou to all senders of my cards, pandabear-chan, aienhime, tikibirds, valhalialilly and salli, i'm going to head downstairs and take a pic of everything together so you can all see them  :satisfied:

and i'm just waiting on my last card to arrive at its destination.

ETA: here's the pic of all my cards together  :satisfied:
sorry about the bad lighting, dad has got lights all round the living room :P and the flash made everything really crazy with mum's sparkly crystal animals in view ;)

ah what the heck, please dont think i'm showing off cos i dont mean to be, but my dad is soooo proud of himself this year so here is our lights :lookround: 

mum did the lights on our tree and i did the baubles & tinsel round the base

hope you like them  :blush:

and happy holidays to everypony  :snowball:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:51:10 AM by sosoftbuttons »

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 23, 2013, 05:19:10 AM »
i hope all my cards arrived at thair destinations xaflamex

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 23, 2013, 06:35:47 AM »
Sosoft, that owl postcard is adorable *squee*, did your partner make that or is it store bought?

sosoftbuttons

« Reply #809 on: December 23, 2013, 06:56:26 AM »
Sosoft, that owl postcard is adorable *squee*, did your partner make that or is it store bought?

I knoooooow :P  its absolutely gorgeous isn't it?  one eye open peeking at the stocking :P  and its store bought but that doesn't stop it from being super-cute ;)  i'll be keeping all my cards for display next year, this has been a really fun swap!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal