collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Card Swap 2013 -> all done!  (Read 37052 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Re: Card Swap 2013 -> How are you going? (photo check-ins due by Nov.30)
« Reply #390 on: November 26, 2013, 12:37:02 PM »
Need to write out the backs (I'm an awkward letter writer, too!) and do my photo check in, hopefully tomorrow. The school musical was kicking my butt for the past few weeks, but thankfully I have a little more breathing room now!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 26, 2013, 02:16:07 PM »
I have some store bought cards, but I took a pony pic the other day and am hoping I will have time to make them into postcards.

Tikibirds, you could try mounting your paper on cardstock maybe? I don't know if that would disqualify them as postcards as far as postage rate goes, but it wouldn't be any more than putting them in an envelope at least. I definitely wouldn't trust regular paper to make it successfully through the mail!

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #392 on: November 26, 2013, 06:08:26 PM »
all cards ready and in enverlopes! proof send! :D
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline ArenaHunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 27, 2013, 09:34:51 AM »
How is everyone coming with those photos? Check-ins are due by midnight on Saturday....and so far I only have half. EEK! I really hope I don't have that many flakers in the swap. :huh: Come on everyone! Reminder PMs are being sent now.

**RULES & Things to keep in mind:
6. You must complete the photo check-in [via PM] by the deadline.

**Photo check-in: November 30.
To prove you are ready to put your cards in the mail, and to get your address lists, everyone must PM me a PHOTO for their check-in.

Anyone that does not submit a photo of their ready-to-mail postcards for the check-in will be dropped from the swap (and appropriate feedback will be left). That means you will not be sent your address list if you don't submit a check-in, and you will not be included on any other address lists (you will not receive any cards from the swap).
The secret swap word is cooper. This is not the same one as the other holiday swaps, please make sure you're sending the right one.

I've also noticed quite a few people haven't participated much (or at all!) in the swap thread. This is supposed to be a fun way to get to know each other - join in the fun!

**RULES & Things to keep in mind:
10: All members are expected to actively participate in the swap threads. This includes posting in the Partner Interest Thread.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:44:55 AM by ArenaHunt »

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 27, 2013, 09:42:37 AM »
Postcards are done! I had to wait for my local postcard store to actually stock their holiday stuff! Just preparing my photo check-in now :D

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 27, 2013, 10:23:22 AM »
My cards are ready... I just can't ever get pics to work in PMs for some reason  :huh:

Anyone have any ideas how to get it to work for me? Or I did ask if I could send a link to my pics.

We got a trace amount of snow today. I know everyone to the north of me was supposed to get slammed with snow!

Just in case I don't have time to get on this thread tomorrow-- to all of my US friends-- have a terrific Thanksgiving! :D

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 27, 2013, 10:29:36 AM »
My cards are ready... I just can't ever get pics to work in PMs for some reason  :huh:

Anyone have any ideas how to get it to work for me? Or I did ask if I could send a link to my pics.

We got a trace amount of snow today. I know everyone to the north of me was supposed to get slammed with snow!

Just in case I don't have time to get on this thread tomorrow-- to all of my US friends-- have a terrific Thanksgiving! :D

The way that I send my pics in a PM is by going into another thread and selecting the photo from my photobucket, clicking on the link to copy it and then go into my PM and paste that link, that seems to work for me ;)

I'm sure you could include a link for them to click on, as long as they see them one way or another, should be good to go :)

We had a small amount of snow falling throughout the day, but it melted by the time it hit the ground :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 27, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »

The way that I send my pics in a PM is by going into another thread and selecting the photo from my photobucket, clicking on the link to copy it and then go into my PM and paste that link, that seems to work for me ;)

I'm sure you could include a link for them to click on, as long as they see them one way or another, should be good to go :)

We had a small amount of snow falling throughout the day, but it melted by the time it hit the ground :(

Thanks so much! That worked perfectly!

Our snow was mixed with rain so as soon as it hit something it was gone.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 27, 2013, 10:43:45 AM »

Thanks so much! That worked perfectly!

Our snow was mixed with rain so as soon as it hit something it was gone.

I'm happy to hear that it worked for you :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #399 on: November 27, 2013, 10:45:14 AM »
My cards were pre-made so they are all ready. I just haven't gotten down to finish writing on two of them.

:work: <me procrastinating instead of writing on the cards.  >_<
I wasn't sure if we had to have them written out before the photo check-in. Anyway I'll try to write them and send the check-in tomorrow. It is actually cool (for here) and rainy here tonight, I think I will go put on some socks.

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 27, 2013, 11:48:53 AM »
I'm wracking my brain for something to write on the cards.  Please don't be disappointed if it just says Merry Christmas, though I do hope inspiration hits.  Good luck everyone with your cards, too.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #401 on: November 27, 2013, 12:18:40 PM »
  I'm fine with the cards just saying Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays- I get writer's block even with family!  :P

I'll be doing mine tomorrow night after we finish hosting Thanksgiving.  That's when I'll be decorating for Christmas too!  :lovey:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 27, 2013, 01:05:21 PM »
You don't have all that much space, so I don't think anyone's expecting a dissertation of awesomeness :) We'll just be happy to receive the well wishes!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 27, 2013, 01:08:27 PM »
Check-in done, cards written out, and all ready to mail! Hope everyone likes their cards!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

wyndstar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #404 on: November 27, 2013, 01:14:39 PM »
oops! kept putting them off cause i just have to get the at the local post office lol! will be grabbing them tomorrow before work and will send in the photo in the evening!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal