collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Carousel collectors! Can you help me find a present for my cousin? :)  (Read 306 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Hi! So I'm trying to get a headstart on gift shopping for the holidays this year, and I'm focused on my little 2 year old cousin right now. She absolutely LOVES carousels and merry-go-rounds, and I thought it would be super cute if I got her a little carousel toy that she can spin around and play with at home. I'm only concerned however since a lot of the toys I'm finding come with a lot of little parts, or seem a bit delicate (she's a little immature for her age). But I don't want to get her an outright baby toy since, well, she's a big girl! :lol:

So I was wondering, since a lot of people here seem to collect other types of toys, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm especially trying to find Mickey Mouse carousels since that's also her favorite, but I think anything with pretty horses would do.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Carousel collectors! Can you help me find a present for my cousin? :)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 03:25:31 PM »
Maybe some of the vintage Matchbox carousel horses; they're plastic and reasonably sturdy.  The working carousel is gorgeous but too delicate for a young child, and usually expensive too.  Maybe she can start collecting some of the horses, and get a carousel or display stand when she's older.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=matchbox+carousel&_sop=10
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 01:07:17 AM »
What about one of the Merry Go Round Ponies? They are durable and meant for play and very pretty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 02:01:58 AM »
What about one of the Merry Go Round Ponies? They are durable and meant for play and very pretty.
Lol that's what I thought of automatically. Something that is a carousel but she can play with it and be a bit rough without really hurting it.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 02:11:00 AM »
Merry go rounds will definitely work :)

The other suggestion is to get something that she will appreciate later on--not for play right now but she can look at it then 'play' when shes a bit older? :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal