collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help me buy ponies!  (Read 246 times)

bronycraft

• Trade Count: (0)
Help me buy ponies!
« on: October 16, 2013, 08:05:10 AM »
Hi there!

I've got a holiday booked to Florida, so I want to get some serious pony buying done, and get some things we can't get in the UK :)  I know all the usual places to go (Walmart, TRU, Target, Hot Topic), but where else is good to buy pony things from? I *really* want some pony notebooks and stationary, clothes, bedding....anything really! 

Thank you!!

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help me buy ponies!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:22:07 AM »
For notebooks and stationary, Walmart is probably your best bet. Right now Hot Topic has adult shirts and some neat pony themed halloween costume stuff in, like a Spike hoodie and wigs. Most clothing I've seen outside of HT has been for kids. If you're at a mall for Hot Topic, you can check the Build-a-Bear for pony plushies too!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:33:37 AM »
there's a bookstore called barnes and noble, that usually carries alot of the stuff they have at hot topic if you luck out there.
i work there and we've been getting the funko pop, regular funko, mini plushes, and random figures.
the regular brushables are pretty expensive, but the rest are competitively prices. so a great back up.
especially since most people don't look there.
hot topic is the one of the more expensive places to get blindbags, if you're a fan of those, so i would check the other stores you listed first.

not sure if florida has k-marts, but they are a hit or miss on ponies and the prices are pretty high.
when you go you should check the pawn shops for cheap disney pins and trade them to me for ponies.
Disney Pins!! XD
they are a fun hobby to do at the disney parks, but expensive if you buy them at the park. better to get any random ones at a pawn shop, then trade for ones you like in the parks. anyway. sorry got sidetracked from ponies... so yeah.

Offline ijen82

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
    • ijen82's pony page
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 09:00:44 AM »
I'm in Florida! What part are you visiting?
Right now mlp items are hit and miss. The places I get things from is mostly Target and TRU. Walmart is good too, but they sometimes never get in new things or sell out quickly.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 08:31:47 PM »
Oh sounds like fun! Holiday and US pony shopping! I hope you can track down some fun things :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

bronycraft

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 01:50:32 AM »
Oooh, thank you all!

I'm going to Orlando for two weeks, think I'm staying in a place called Westridge Villas? Or something like that...the travel agent doesn't tell you where you're actually staying until like, the day before you go, for security or something haha!

I've convinced my boyfriend that a pony shopping day is NECESSARY, so I'm making a list of all your suggestions, and I'll try and hit every one in a day =D xxx

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 02:32:54 AM »
If you want to try thrifting, then I would suggest doing a Google search for second-hand shops in your area. You may luck out with a G1!

Also, have fun on your trip. Florida is such a neat place to go, especially if you are visiting some beaches. I really do hope you have a blast! :frolic:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal