collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay... Is non paying buyers getting way worse?  (Read 988 times)

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
eBay... Is non paying buyers getting way worse?
« on: October 12, 2013, 03:21:30 AM »
I usually sell here.  But my parents and I just upgraded our iPhones to 5s.  I had two 4s and a 4 to sell.  So I plopped them on eBay and sold all three.  One phone was bid on in the last few seconds and guess what,  the buyer is now telling me to cancel the transaction.  The second phone the buyer won't even return any messages I send them.  Luckily the third phone winner actually paid.  A few months back I listed some miche bags and three of those I had to open a non paying buyer case.  This is getting ridiculous!

I did send eBay a message about how it's not fair that they only get a slap on the wrist for not paying me.  I was relying on these sales to pay off bills.  But now I have had my time waisted and money lost.

I'm pretty much done with eBay until they can actually give a rats toosh about the sellers.   Without them they have no product.

SinisterLight

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: eBay... Is non paying buyers getting way worse?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 11:00:25 AM »
Wow that is really unfortunate. I can see why that would be irritating. I've never had such experiences because I haven't sold anything on ebay (yet). As a buyer I take the time to extensively dwell whether I want their product or not. But after the decision has been made payment comes immediately after. Don't lose hope.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 12:09:59 PM »
Oh sorry to hear about that but I have to agree. Ebay sales have more and more non-paying bidders! I'm dealing with one that actual won and paid for the item but now has it and said "Oops, I would like to return the pony because I thought it was Littlest Pet shop" I mean how can you even confuse the two?   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 12:12:47 PM »
Non-paying bidders are getting out of hand!  I never had any problems with them until this year, and now they are becoming a regular problem!

Offline slj84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 03:56:38 AM »
It ridiculous. The one buyer sent me a message after I opened a npb case, saying that her sister bought a iphone two days ago.  Okay, what does that have to do with my auction. It ended on Wednesday well before she bought that phone.  The other winners email just said cancel transaction.  Sure but I'm filing I npb on you.

Sadly from now on in going to have to make bidding on my items with a lot strickter terms, and if you are international they are going to have to contact me prior to bidding of I will cancel the bid.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 02:17:03 AM »
It has definitely gotten worse - I would say 30% of my sales end with a non paying bidder of one kind or another. Either they just don't pay, or end up being unregistered.

I heard on the SSC forums that there is a problem currently going on with (one or more?) persons who are registering on ebay, bidding on higher priced SSC figures, but then not paying for them. This artificially inflates the value of the item (at least on ebay) because these higher price auctions will show in the finished auction section. Making values seem higher than they are... to possibly fool people into paying higher prices off ebay? We all use ebay as a marker on valuation of items.

But yes, for whatever reason, NPB's on ebay are definitely getting more common.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 10:17:30 AM »
*nods in agreement* yes unfortunately its getting more and more common :(  Its very annoying to have your time wasted by these people.  As you mentioned , being a little more strict with your terms may help , and also add any currently known NPB's that are listed here in TS to your blocked bidder list .
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »
I usually sell here.  But my parents and I just upgraded our iPhones to 5s.  I had two 4s and a 4 to sell.  So I plopped them on eBay and sold all three.  One phone was bid on in the last few seconds and guess what,  the buyer is now telling me to cancel the transaction.  The second phone the buyer won't even return any messages I send them.  Luckily the third phone winner actually paid.  A few months back I listed some miche bags and three of those I had to open a non paying buyer case.  This is getting ridiculous!

I did send eBay a message about how it's not fair that they only get a slap on the wrist for not paying me.  I was relying on these sales to pay off bills.  But now I have had my time waisted and money lost.

I'm pretty much done with eBay until they can actually give a rats toosh about the sellers.   Without them they have no product.

I don't blame you. I finished with them years ago because of this garbage. I am surprised they are still in business but I guess there a plenty of suckers willing to put up with it. It is sad as I still have junk I would love to sell but I will probably end up throwing out as no other site seems to make the time worth while to put into it.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 11:07:25 AM »
I am dealing with one right now. I had had to open 15 cases this year on people.

These people need to be kicked off right then and there. There should be something that If an account is set up with the same ap address of the computer it will not go threw. And let sellers be able to leave negative feedback fro these people!

Offline slj84

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 02:19:23 AM »
I think eBay should have a automatic system that leaves a negative when a non paying bidder claim closes.  Then they can be in charge of what the negative says, yet others are warned.

utter flutter

eBay... Is non paying buyers getting way worse?
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 03:00:47 AM »
Sorry to jump in on this one but im going through non stop issues on both sides to ,

I sold sold about 100  things this time last year no problems at all , none ,
I haven't relly used it to buy or sell since then as we have been moving house across the world and things for the past year.

I put on  17lots last week I put them all on together and set them to start with in few minutes of each other ,
One some how listed as bin , it was supposed to be the reserve price. The exact same as the other 16 ,
Some one bought it straight away and as soon as I saw my iPad light upi realized what happend and mesaged asking her not to pay and explaining what had happend .
She then payed right away and replied the message (with my message to her attached)  asking me to put everything else bin so she could bye and combine shipping , I again replied explaining issue and offering a refund .
She wrote back the next day accepting it I refunded her and she left me a really horrid negative feed back :-/
I had admitted my mistake and everything so sad ,

I've messaged e bay 3  different ways no response .
I asked her to remove feed back she declined .
I've never even had a nutral , now I have a big red negative :(

Since then my other items finished , I sold most , I know they didn't go for what they wear worth and I know the bidding dropped off when I got the bad feed back saying I didn't refund her (I did)

One of my other items listed as used , and stating the age and amount used , even photos showing it , I got a message right after someone else bought saying they didn't know it was used ! And wanted a refund , I didn't even bother fighting it just refunded .

I think (not checked today ) trees are still 4 lots waiting payment to.

As a buyer ,

I bought something 3 weeks ago that has not come .
I bought something last week and got refund with note saying they already sold item and it had been delisted they didn't know why .

And I bought /payed for something els and got message saying they had run into an unfortunate family type issue a personal issue, and because of the money involved with there issue , they wouldn't be posting my stuff for a few weeks (bit mad cos I payed for the iteam and the postage  .
,as much as i wanted to tell them it was nothing to do with me and i needed wtuff sent ,
we have all had bad luck so just incase it was a genuine situation I felt I couldn't really demand my stuff , or refund or leave feed back , or really  say anything  , I've just left it as it is.

I don't understand what changed with eBay in a year , last year sure it was expensive but I had no issues buying and selling , I don't think ill be using it again in a hurry now .

Did the eBay staff get furlong or something ? It's not a government thing is it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:10:35 AM by utter flutter »

Offline slj84

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »
That's really unfair, have you tried to call eBay about the negative since they won't respond to email?  If you can show proof of the refund they should remove it?   

Hopefully I have better luck this time around listing the phones.

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »
utter flutter, you entered a contract and then backed out of it. You probably deserved at least a neutral there, though a negative is harsh. You would have been better to eat your mistake, send it for the contracted price and learn from the error in the future. At least you would have gotten your minimum reserve price then and avoided the bad feedback.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

utter flutter

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 08:01:08 AM »

utter flutter, you entered a contract and then backed out of it. You probably deserved at least a neutral there, though a negative is harsh. You would have been better to eat your mistake, send it for the contracted price and learn from the error in the future. At least you would have gotten your minimum reserve price then and avoided the bad feedback.
That's why I waited for her response explaining my mistake and asking if she would accept a refund,

She agreed .
if she didn't agree I would have sent it to her anyway even tho it was worth about 3xs that.
What gets me is she agreed to refund then gave me negative feed back .

I contacted eBay several ways with messages I might call them but with 3 kids 2 jobs a hubby never here cos hes in the Air Force I hardly get any time to spend on hold , X

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 10:58:26 AM »

That's why I waited for her response explaining my mistake and asking if she would accept a refund,

She agreed .
if she didn't agree I would have sent it to her anyway even tho it was worth about 3xs that.
What gets me is she agreed to refund then gave me negative feed back .

I contacted eBay several ways with messages I might call them but with 3 kids 2 jobs a hubby never here cos hes in the Air Force I hardly get any time to spend on hold , X

Ah, I hadn't realised you offered a refund or to ship. Yeah then the feedback was totally out of line.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal