collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sternenstaub?  (Read 10165 times)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: Sternenstaub?
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2013, 09:05:46 PM »
She is afraid I might try to robb her. Because I'm not as sweet I was before.

I'm sorry, but that's the funniest load of bs I've heard in a while!

Um yeah!!!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2013, 03:06:11 AM »
Um, it's not that I want to add more rumors or anything, but I've been reading through all those posts and actually there is one thing I do like to share. It took me few days to make a decision of whether I should write this or not. I haven't talked with Stern many times - I wanted once to buy some ponies from her, but they were overpriced for me and I couldn't afford them.

Few years ago, in one of the high-rollers swaps, I participated in, Stern had been my partner who I was shopping for. Some people got worried because I had the tendency of pulling a disappearing act due to my depression and low self-esteem, when I got worried what everyone might think of me, what would happen if the box I prepared wasn't good enough, etc. Anyway, I know that just in case-there was supposed to be made a replacement box for Sternstaub, but I have no idea if it had been shipped or not. Anyone, my end of the swap ended in her hands all-right - I think I've showed the tracking number to one of the swap hosts so they could monitor it and Stern posted that she got it and that she'll brag about it, in a second... And never did. And I literally made everything so she would feel spoiled with that box and never got a thank you or anything, which in my really bad state back then, just added to my depression.

So no, I don't think she is that kind and nice. If someone know how hard it is to fix a reputation, then it's me and I always had been kind and I think nice as well, but that hadn't made me a good trader.

And the thing that concerns me is the fact if Stern then got a replacement box apart from mine or not. I would feel horrible if the swap organizers had to put up a box for her and she got two in the end. That wouldn't be fair at all.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2013, 03:29:14 AM »
Um, it's not that I want to add more rumors or anything, but I've been reading through all those posts and actually there is one thing I do like to share. It took me few days to make a decision of whether I should write this or not. I haven't talked with Stern many times - I wanted once to buy some ponies from her, but they were overpriced for me and I couldn't afford them.

Few years ago, in one of the high-rollers swaps, I participated in, Stern had been my partner who I was shopping for. Some people got worried because I had the tendency of pulling a disappearing act due to my depression and low self-esteem, when I got worried what everyone might think of me, what would happen if the box I prepared wasn't good enough, etc. Anyway, I know that just in case-there was supposed to be made a replacement box for Sternstaub, but I have no idea if it had been shipped or not. Anyone, my end of the swap ended in her hands all-right - I think I've showed the tracking number to one of the swap hosts so they could monitor it and Stern posted that she got it and that she'll brag about it, in a second... And never did. And I literally made everything so she would feel spoiled with that box and never got a thank you or anything, which in my really bad state back then, just added to my depression.

So no, I don't think she is that kind and nice. If someone know how hard it is to fix a reputation, then it's me and I always had been kind and I think nice as well, but that hadn't made me a good trader.

And the thing that concerns me is the fact if Stern then got a replacement box apart from mine or not. I would feel horrible if the swap organizers had to put up a box for her and she got two in the end. That wouldn't be fair at all.

I feel for you not getting a brag or a thankyou for your box :( my last swap partner never left ne a brag and I went way over budget and tried hard and that was really rude in my opinion
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

sosoftbuttons

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2013, 04:56:16 AM »
just adding into this, only saw the thread this evening...

last year I was in stern's advent swap. those participating may (or may not) remember that I received a pretty awful substandard box (NOT from stern, she was the host and I shipped a box to her in that swap) and I freaked out in the brag thread about how freakin awful my box was. anyways, the box I put together for stern was over budget (same as the box I sent to Canada the previous year :P)but  I went all out to make a lovely box and got very little thanks for my efforts, yeah, so she posted pics of what i'd got her for each day but just pics, hardly any comments about how nice/awful/already got it or anything  :huh:

and... the girl who shipped me the substandard box, well, her box got held up in customs (from Oz, I think)and didn't arrive til about the 17th dec and stern put a box of candy together for her and it arrived in less than a week, so she was nice on that part.

now, after the pm's and my screaming in the brag thread (which got amended by a mod  :lookround: granted - I overstepped the mark, but hey, you'd be pretty miffed too  :cry: ) stern said she'd get my partner to get me some knight rider merch to make up for it and also to do me a replacement picture (it got ripped in the mail as the glass frame it was in wasn't protected in the box and smashed to pieces...)

stern also said she would send me some candy to help make up for the awful box. but of course nothing came. not that I really expected it to. so I guess that was probably all lies too :(  to this day I've heard nothing more about it from either person and quite honestly I didn't bother to follow it up to a mod cos it seemed like such an insignificant thing at the time and I chalked it up to experience  :|

so yeah, I just wanted to add my bit to this awful story, sorry to hear that some of you have been hurt and taken advantage of by stern. 

Offline Siiri

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2013, 06:12:40 AM »
Now I'm really starting to get angry  :argh:

Now I have put ponies on hold and not paid. Someone in her forum has done a complaint.

This is a complete and utter lie. I even doublechecked my private messages and messages if there would have been a message I'd forgotten (it is always possible when you trade alot).

This really starts to annoy me and it hurts when somone says something which isn't true :cry:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2013, 06:57:21 AM »
So wait let me get this straight Siiri, they are complaining about you?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Siiri

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2013, 07:01:16 AM »
Yes, someone has made a complaint that I had asked to put ponies on hold and never paid for them.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2013, 07:39:22 AM »
Saying my sister was a schizofrenic...  :angry:

Um is someone confusing schizophrenic with psycopath?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2013, 12:35:04 PM »
I can only echo similar stories read on this topic.  I have never left feedback too in hopes that the "claims at the post office" she was making would come through, or that the "missing items" would turn up.   

She would read the PM's and disappear or keep promising that she will follow up and I got sick of it.  After the last transaction, I realised that I too have probably been duped and should just "suck it up" because I'm a trusting pony.  And sadly the last transaction I just missed the paypal claim day or I would have used that option.  Just sad to hear all the other stories that are now coming out of the woodworks.

And as to feedback - I always check this too but being a member with a strong reputation and being on the arena for longer then myself, I put things down firstly to just "flukes of bad luck". 

Sorry to hear about everyone else's bad transactions :(

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »
I figured I may as well add my experience too since it's so similar to others here. 

She was picking up some Wave 2 blind bags for me at cost, and I only received 8 of the 10 I paid her for.  The remaining two she claimed to have found later and shipped at her own expense.  Looking back through my messages, I paid in mid January of last year; she shipped late February (I had agreed to this since she was supposed to be tracking down those last two); and I finally received a package in late April.  The second package never did show.  I got a couple of messages from her over the next few months as she said she had put in a claim with her post office, and she offered a refund or replacement late September.  Since it was such a small amount, I told her not to worry about it (I figured I'd just consider it a pick-up fee and I was still giving her the benefit of the doubt), but she insisted she would send something to make up for it anyway.  That package also never showed.  I had intended to leave feedback after the replacement package arrived, but by the time I decided it wasn't going to happen, it had been nearly a full year since the whole thing started and I felt weird about leaving anything (especially since I had told her not to worry about that one package going missing).

During the course of this whole thing, I repeatedly asked for the tracking numbers.  My requests were either ignored completely or she would tell me what the results were when she tried tracking them herself without ever giving me the numbers.  I also twice got the computer crash/virus excuse for why she hadn't been in contact with me for a month or more.  Then when I posted her TP name  as an alternate way to make contact for someone else who was trying to get in touch with her, I got a defensive PM from her about whether I thought she was a bad trader.  >_<

(I did finally get those last two blind bags from someone else who was much more pleasant to work with. :) )

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2013, 04:21:17 AM »
aww, SSB thats awful *hugs* I know how much love and effort you put in your adventcalendar!

just to add from my side -
I dont think I want to believe the "trojan"-story, giz - her husband is on the german forum (basically updating their sales thread all the time) - unless he uses a different computer (one that stern wasnt allowed to use during the trojan attack) he was quite present all the time.

sorry to hear, that so many of you had negative issues.

xx

Schitterboogje

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2013, 07:03:00 AM »
I've never heard about a seller that has as much bad luck with selling ponies as Sternenstaub has...
I mean; the labels on the packages she sent got loose a few times.. packages get damaged during shipping.. packages don't make their way to the buyer.... multiple Trojan viruses she got on her computer...
And don't forget all those visits she had to make to the post office because of shipping problems...

How can somebody have so much bad luck..   :brow:   :hmm:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »
It was just so mean and unfair. She said i must probably been Schizofrenic, and i was the one trying to make all Arena members look bad, ruining everyone's feedback... :huh:
Stern also knew (from a WYP topic) that i suffered depression and i never heared the end of it. Also, in the feedback, she started rambling about another Arena member! That person had very well left me a feedback but S. thought she was allowed to talk about stuff that had NO matter in her transaction with me, it was just weird and immeture.
This was such a bad thing for me and i got more and more in my negative vibe, feeling really scared at this forum

^ This is what worries me the most, personally I've been blithely posting about my mental health problems not thinking that someone might use it to make judgements against me if I have any problems through use of the site...  echoes of Miley Cyrus laying into Sinead O'Connor over twitter. Not Good.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2013, 10:22:25 AM »
I've never heard about a seller that has as much bad luck with selling ponies as Sternenstaub has...
I mean; the labels on the packages she sent got loose a few times.. packages get damaged during shipping.. packages don't make their way to the buyer.... multiple Trojan viruses she got on her computer...
And don't forget all those visits she had to make to the post office because of shipping problems...

I was thinking the same. How can someone's packages constantly go missing, lose labels, get stuck in customs, ALL the time? I know it happens, but what are the odds it happens almost every time to her? :blink:
My Wish List

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2013, 12:12:28 PM »

I was thinking the same. How can someone's packages constantly go missing, lose labels, get stuck in customs, ALL the time? I know it happens, but what are the odds it happens almost every time to her? :blink:

coupled with being very defensive and rude when someone asks her that - I would say very slim!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal