collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Horror Story Coven ( finally here)  (Read 4243 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: American Horror Story Coven ( finally here)
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2013, 11:26:19 PM »
No, it's not the same house.  The house in the first season is an actual mansion in LA (Los Angeles): http://www.frontdoor.com/photos/tour-the-american-horror-story-house-in-la

The house in this season is also an actual mansion...in LA (er, this time Louisiana, haha): http://deepsouthmag.com/2013/10/american-horror-story-coven-location-guide/

For certain scenes, I'm sure they recycled set pieces from Seasons 1 and 2.  Rebuilding them on a sound stage and such.  The majority of scenes are actually shot in the actual houses.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2013, 11:34:27 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up!  I wouldn't be surprised if they used some of the same locations, but I was trying to see the connection.

By the way, I love swamps so I am enjoying the cypress swamp scenes. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Englishgothgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2013, 04:00:01 AM »
I am loving it... having the theme song as my ringtone

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2013, 05:14:22 AM »
I am loving it... having the theme song as my ringtone

That is the creepiest theme song ever! I wouldn't be able to handle it as my ringtone  :freak:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2013, 02:27:56 AM »
Ok guys, Mr. Skeen is a Stevie Nicks fanatic so he's been monitoring fan forums about her.  So far he has learned that she gave her consent to be referred to as a witch, and to use her songs, AND she and Lindsey Buckingham are either writing a new song to be debuted on the show, or are retooling an older song for it.  But she won't be on the show herself.

On the topic of the theme song, I liked the original season's mix better.  The "chainsaw" noises were a little more understated. 

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2013, 01:28:15 PM »
My fiance's name is Kyle. We have a "gross laugh" now this season when we watch it...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2013, 01:17:09 PM »
Wow Spaulding is sure an interesting character... tea parties
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »
Wow Spaulding is sure an interesting character... tea parties

I know right what a creeper I can't wait till next episode I want to know who they burn at the stake lol
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2013, 03:11:43 PM »
I kinda thought this episode was boring, personally...  :hmm:

My Want List

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2013, 01:06:17 AM »

Me too, but it sets up some really interesting plot points.

Spoiler
Cordelia's husband is not only cheating on her with women he meets on the internet, he's also a murderer.  WHY?!

Spoiler
Delphine's murdered daughters are back from the dead (even the ugly one), with about a dozen other zombies intent on killing the coven.

Spoiler
Madison was NOT the Supreme, so who is?  My money is on either Misty, or Zoe (though the latter would suck because I can't get over how incredibly STUPID this kid is.  Plus where is her supervision?!  Do Cordelia and Fiona really just let an untrained and idiotic witch loose on her own??)

Spoiler
Spalding has Madison's (really well-preserved) corpse in his tea room.  That can't end well.  But it's going to be fabulously horrific.  Admit it. 

Spoiler
Frances Conroy had an absolute meltdown, and it was glorious.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:11:15 AM by Skeen »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2013, 02:13:00 AM »

Spoiler
Cordelia's husband is not only cheating on her with women he meets on the internet, he's also a murderer.  WHY?!

Spoiler
Delphine's murdered daughters are back from the dead (even the ugly one), with about a dozen other zombies intent on killing the coven.

Spoiler
Madison was NOT the Supreme, so who is?  My money is on either Misty, or Zoe (though the latter would suck because I can't get over how incredibly STUPID this kid is.  Plus where is her supervision?!  Do Cordelia and Fiona really just let an untrained and idiotic witch loose on her own??)

Spoiler
Spalding has Madison's (really well-preserved) corpse in his tea room.  That can't end well.  But it's going to be fabulously horrific.  Admit it. 

Spoiler

You are right Skeen, they do need these set up episodes... I wanna jump off your thought-boat here...
Spoiler
Yes! I know about Cord's hubby - I mean, what is that. Is that a new thing? Or has he always been this crazy guy? My fiance called it though, even before this episode he was like "I don't like her husband, he's so strange"... I am interested to see- now, do you think he's just a straight up bad guy or is he possessed or some sort of warlock?

Spoiler
The zombie thing, okay - they deal with that, I'm not sure how the whole world can't become part of their life after the zombie invasion though, it IS modern day and you know how we all feel about "Zombie Apocalypse" - don't tell me that no one else in New Orleans is going to "notice" zombies just because it's Halloween and not call in the Army to come shut it down... also I was bored with it because she did that in the beginning - I mean, the whole ritual, then we have to sit through it again? Maybe I'm asking too much, lol...

Spoiler
I hope to everything that Zoe is not the supreme, I can not stand her.

Spoiler
Do you think Kyle ran back to... the Stevie-Knicks-loving witch? Sorry, don't know her name yet - because he left Zoe... and already took care of his mom (after she took care of him, HEYOHHH - okay, inappropriate, but c'mon! :lol:) so, I was thinking that's the only other place he "knows"? Since he knows he's "not kyle"?

Honestly. I know all of this will change, characters you want to love they make you hate, and vice versa, I mean it's AHS - they don't "play nice" with character lines, so... it's already hard for me to form a bond, I don't want to get burned!! :drunk:

My Want List

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2013, 02:17:55 AM »

I did too honestly
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2013, 11:41:16 AM »
It didn't bore me honestly. I think we are getting used to something extreme happening each episode and it just didn't. I like Skeen's idea tht it just set up more to be developed.

I honestly want to put my vote in for Nan as the supreme. Maybe she is an unlikely candidate but I just want to think it's her. Zoe or Misty seem too predictable but then again I never know with this show.

I'm kinda "eh" on the whole Zoe Kyle thing really.  It's just not fast paced enough but I'm sure they will do something with it.

I realize that Lange having Bates around is tormenting and is causing the crap that is terrorizing everyone else. Honestly I just don't see why Lange doesn't hand her over and make some type of trade. Bates herself hasn't shown to be a very useful character other than making everyone angry.

I can say I was still interested, but the only other show I'm watching is that Once Upon a time in Wonderland. Omg now that's boring (no offense to those that love it. )
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2013, 03:19:01 AM »

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

You are right Skeen, they do need these set up episodes... I wanna jump off your thought-boat here...
Spoiler
Yes! I know about Cord's hubby - I mean, what is that. Is that a new thing? Or has he always been this crazy guy? My fiance called it though, even before this episode he was like "I don't like her husband, he's so strange"... I am interested to see- now, do you think he's just a straight up bad guy or is he possessed or some sort of warlock?

Spoiler
The zombie thing, okay - they deal with that, I'm not sure how the whole world can't become part of their life after the zombie invasion though, it IS modern day and you know how we all feel about "Zombie Apocalypse" - don't tell me that no one else in New Orleans is going to "notice" zombies just because it's Halloween and not call in the Army to come shut it down... also I was bored with it because she did that in the beginning - I mean, the whole ritual, then we have to sit through it again? Maybe I'm asking too much, lol...

Spoiler
I hope to everything that Zoe is not the supreme, I can not stand her.

Spoiler
Do you think Kyle ran back to... the Stevie-Knicks-loving witch? Sorry, don't know her name yet - because he left Zoe... and already took care of his mom (after she took care of him, HEYOHHH - okay, inappropriate, but c'mon! :lol:) so, I was thinking that's the only other place he "knows"? Since he knows he's "not kyle"?

Spoiler
Cordelia's husband - I don't know!  He DID say that last Hallowween he was "a monster."  Maybe he meant figuratively, like, "Oh, last year I was a killer and hid it from my wife who seems to really love me.  Here, have some more vending machine ramen."  I hope either Fiona or Cordelia kills him.  But poor Alexandra Breckinridge, she sure does get shot a lot on this show. 

Spoiler
Zombies - Whatever the witches do, it's going to have to be before sunup, I agree.  Is the Council still there in the house?  Because I bet they can help out until Fiona gets back home (if she comes home after Cordelia's acid attack anyway). 

Spoiler
::high five::  At this point even if Zoe wises up and quits being so monumentally stupid I doubt I could like her as Supreme.  Or, like her at all, really.

Spoiler
Stevie Nicks witch is Misty.  :)  But I call her Stevie in my own head, because come on.  That's SO who she's based on.  Anyway, no, I bet Kyle is just wandering.  He doesn't have the mental capacity to sit up straight in the car, let alone find his way back to the middle of a swamp.  If he's with Misty, it's because she came and got him.  Did he say "Not Kyle" or "NO, Kyle," like he was just repeating Zoe?  I didn't watch with CC on.  You wonder what, if anything, is going through his head. 

And I'm never going to be able to look Mare Winningham in the eye again. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:29:49 AM by Skeen »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2013, 08:31:42 AM »
Totes Skeen! I am in agreement with you...

Personally I heard:
Spoiler
NOT Kyle - so, he knows he's not "right"? The only reason I was thinking he might find his way back to Misty/Stevie (*I also refer to her as Stevie, haha :lol:*) is because she may have some "pull" over him, maybe he's not really "going" to her but maybe she's "calling him back"? Clearly at some point she has to meet up with the rest of the school witches - I mean she knows Zoe, but... she's going to revive er... OMG BLANK - Pretty Girl Dead Witch who is NOT the Supreme... - because she's the Necromancer?

Any suspicions that Misty might be the Supreme? She /WAS/ burned and revived herself, that's pretty sweet... I dunno, just an avenue?

Also... totally agree with the zombie thing, I think the council will have to help - I did not notice them leave?

Rewind: Totally called that the butler would write the Red-Witch (WOW. It's a good thing I don't do sports play-by-plays, I don't know ANYONE'S NAME! :blush:)'s name as the one who cut out his tongue. He's super creepy, but, it was a crazy weird -sweet- gesture. Proud of myself for actually "calling something" on AHS, usually I'm so far off!! :lol:

My Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal