collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Horror Story Coven ( finally here)  (Read 4246 times)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Re: American Horror Story Coven ( finally here)
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2014, 01:50:46 AM »
It didn't cross my mind either.  Where is the shadow man taking her?  Do the babies go there too?  She seemed glad to go so maybe it IS a better place.

Cordelia.  I might have things a bit fuzzy, but didn't Fiona have problems conceiving too?  Just like Cordelia?  I think Cordi is still in the running if so.

Did anyone see what happened to Bates?  Is her head with the witch hunters or something now?

This is an entertaining season, but it isn't nearly as crazy/vile/scary/suspenseful/horrific as the last two seasons. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2014, 05:19:23 AM »
I don't know enough about voodoo to guess where Papa Legba would be taking Nan.  Her soul wasn't innocent but he seemed interested in her.

I didn't think Fiona had problems conceiving, but I don't think she wanted Cordelia anyway. 

No one knows what happened to Bates.  When the police process the crime scene where all of Voodoo Queen's people were killed I bet she shows back up - a talking head and animated body would be news-worthy, but would anyone try to get her back from the police?  I mean, she can give names and addresses, so I'd think NOT having her around would be a liability.  The witches don't know where she is, and the Voodoo Queen told Queenie to dispose of her (and she didn't) so it's likely VQ doesn't know where she is either.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2014, 10:26:02 PM »
Only read this if you really want a spoiler

Spoiler
my memory is somewhat fuzzy, and I was stupid to throw out the magazine. It was mentioned that once Bates head came off to not count her out. She would be back with the witches and causing trouble, soooo yeah I would prepare for her to show up with a vengeance.

I guess I never thought that about Nan either. Her character for all purposes had such a high level of perception it kinda was forgotten with me.

Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2014, 08:17:03 PM »
lol a few comments

Spoiler

Although this season was not my absolute favorite it had a satisfying  ending. I had suspected Cordelia for a bit but then thought it was mentioned the witch had to be younger.

The death of Madison brought much satisfaction while Misty brought a lot of sadness.

I thought it was interesting the comments made about no matter how innocent someone appeared no one was innocent.

Also, it might be morbid of me but the whiney Bates I didn't like. I liked her going out as the crazy woman that she was.

I did enjoy the season overall, and I'll be ready for next year!

Formerly Maddie

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2014, 09:32:59 PM »
I loved this season. Can't believe it's wrapping up. Which has me guessing about what's in store for next season.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2014, 09:36:06 PM »
See I'm the opposite it was def my least favorite season. I even went a few weeks where I didn't watch it till my wife made me. :lol: It ended alright and like most shows I'll hang in for next season unless I lose interest again.

Still JL was wonderful yet again. I adore her so much.

Formerly Maddie

Offline sweetlittlejenny

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2014, 10:53:31 PM »
Not sure I liked that as a season finale. Feels like the story should continue a bit more to me.
Anyway, can't wait to see what's in store for next season.

Post Merge: January 29, 2014, 11:02:59 PM

Oops, jumped the gun. Wasn't quite over yet.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:02:59 PM by sweetlittlejenny »

Click banner for my customs gallery.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2014, 10:09:45 AM »
I greatly enjoyed the ending...except for Misty.  Why? She was the least deserving for that to happen! 

Oh, JL & The Axe Man, too perfect.  One man's heaven is another man's hell XD

So, I didn't pick up on the clues for next season.  Anyone have an idea?

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2014, 01:34:28 PM »
But why would the Axe man get to be in his version of heaven? 

I'm upset about Misty but otherwise the end was fine with me.  I had thought I knew who the supreme was for a while and was right. 

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 30, 2014, 02:32:24 PM »

Probably because it would make Fiona's hell even more hellish.

Still upset about Misty.  And about Myrtle!  WTH, Myrtle?!  Could you not just go into seclusion and refuse contact with the coven or something?!   

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #175 on: January 30, 2014, 07:34:35 PM »
Spoiler
This was definitely my least favorite season as well.  They spent at least 10/13 episodes treading water only to end up back at square one ie the Supreme and all that stuff.  The Marie Leveau/Delphine subplot had absolutely no repercussions on the main story plot and could have been cut entirely (would have been a shame to not see those two but yeah...) without too much difficulty I think...but then there would have been only about enough content for about half the episodes, most of that being absolutely pointless as well. 

Don't get me wrong, there were some spectacular moments this season.  But the question I walked away from the opener with...just what exactly is Zoe's power...is never answered.  Because apparently it doesn't matter as she wasn't the darn Supreme anyways, haha.

I don't know if it's because I watched the first season pretty much in one hit (it was already on Netflix when we discovered it) but that one is still my favorite.  Although nothing will beat the Bloody Face/Lana arc from season 2.

So I'll be interested to see what develops for Season 4, but color me majorly disappointed with this season.  The opening credits and the teasers for this season are probably my favorite things about it!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 30, 2014, 08:56:02 PM »

Probably because it would make Fiona's hell even more hellish.

I'm going with this right here. I'm also a bit disappointed in not seeing Madison in hell even though. I know she told everyone what her version was but part of me wants to believe despite being a spoiled rotten diva there was more to her than that. I would like to think some deeper issue bothered her, but I might be looking into it more than necessary.

I found Misty's death mostly ironic. She could pull herself from dying and revive others but couldn't bring herself back from hell? Interesting

Dash I think we're kinda on the same page about feelings for the show. It wasn't awful, but I wasn't really interested in it for the majority of the season. Now last year I watched the first season on Netflix while the second season was running. I really like the brutal gritty nature of the second season. It's my favorite, but I also liked the first season. I am curious to see what they will do this next time.

Have to say it again Dang Jessica Lang is just that good. Loved her even to the end. She makes the best dark characters in these stories.

I liked how Queenie actually grew up and matured through the season. Although if I was Cordelia the last time Queenie chewed her out I would have slapped her for being so mouthy. :lol:

Formerly Maddie

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2014, 12:43:30 PM »
Nothing was as shocking and disturbing as the second season.  It was chilling.

I thought Misty's death was ironic too, and totally unfair.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2014, 02:53:21 PM »
I haven't been on this thread in a while but have been watching Coven...

All I can say is I'm kinda glad this season is over. It didn't feel like AHS to me enough *shrug*

Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2014, 05:20:37 PM »
I started watching AHS last season, my husband was obsessed and I kind of got drug in!  After that introduction, Coven seemed a little flat to me.  There seemed to be a lot of potential, but no real shock/disturbance.  Even the wrap up seemed kind of blah.
 Personally I think it would have been interesting to have the bid for the new supreme as the midseason finale and then the 'public' school and repercussions as the second half.  They could have had hauntings from Fiona and Madison, the creepy doll guy causing havoc, etc etc

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal