collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Name That Caterpillar?  (Read 2617 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Name That Caterpillar?
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2013, 02:59:32 PM »
I'm lost on what all the fuss is about, why is everyone so upset? How is what BigHicks and BlondePonyTail doing any different from someone owning a rat, snake, lizard etc? You would still have to provide them with food. I'm sure that there are tons of owners of those animals that would rather grab their pets food from their yard as opposed to driving all the way to the pet store to get them.

The fact is all animals and pets were meant to be wild, not kept in houses or cages. But no one is protesting turtles, dogs, birds etc...

Actually, no. As an owner of pets that eat insects, I would never want to grab bugs from my yard to feed them. Bugs in the yard are part of an ecosystem that it is not my place to mess with. Bugs at the pet store are bred outside of that ecosystem and are therefor a responsible choice to feed to my pets. On top of that, they are also safe for my pets - you never know what might be on bugs from the wild.

Similarly, all of my pets, though they have wild counterparts or cousins, are bred to be pets. There is a big difference between wild animals and animals that have adapted to life as pets. It's not a valid comparison. If I were to "return" any of my pets to the wild, they would die. They are no longer a part of that world - animals pulled from the wild are.

I'm just saying, there is a difference. You can't compare wild animals and pets.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:05:58 PM by NoDivision »

BigHicks1977

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Name That Caterpillar?
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2013, 03:21:13 PM »
You know after all that has been said on here it has made me think long and hard and the one thing about all this that has made me the saddest........no one said how great of a pic I took of the caterpillar with my PHONE!!!!!  :huh: Oh well

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal