collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New here, saying hi!  (Read 259 times)

oasisflyer

• Trade Count: (0)
New here, saying hi!
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:46:31 PM »
Hi fellow Pony lovers!  I am 32 and I live in Baltimore, MD, USA.  Right now I work full time and every other waking moment, it seems, is dedicated to eBay now!  My Hubby and I have been selling stuff from around the house to make some room and my Ponies are part of that pile.  I have NIB up now, but am in the process of getting 100 loose Ponies ready to put up for sale.

I got addicted to MLPs when I was a kid with the G1's, but when the G3's came out when I was an adult with a job I went crazy and bought close to 150 of them.  I'm now selling most of them since they have been in a box for a long time.  I got married and haven't had a place to display them, so I figure maybe someone else might like to have them.

I am keeping about 8 of them, though!  I do have some favorites I won't part with.  Wishawhirl is my absolute favorite :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: New here, saying hi!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 06:50:43 AM »
Welcome to the arena :) Sorry to hear that your selling your ponies. Do you have a link to them?

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 07:59:42 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave: 

I did the same thing as you when the G3 ponies came out.  Ponies!  With money to buy them like I so much wanted to when I was little, lol.  I know what you mean about them taking up space though, and I think it's good you plan to keep at least a few favourites when you sell the others.  Enjoy the forums :frolic:

Kitten Mittens

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 09:03:28 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! :snail:

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 09:30:49 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! :bunny:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

oasisflyer

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 10:47:20 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!!!  I totally forgot to post a link!

My G3's NIB for sale

I had a hard time pricing these and found a few that were selling for what I'm asking, so I just figured I'd aim high!  Two already sold and I just got Best Offers for 11 of them from the same person within the past half hour!

Oh, and I spent about 9 hours going through my 100 loose ponies today, finding all their names and matching brushes to them.  I hate to say, but I am over Ponies for today!  It was so hard to do the brushes!  And I'm not even done  :blink:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:49:35 AM by oasisflyer »

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 01:09:58 PM »
Good luck with your sales! And welcome to the arena! :slug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

oasisflyer

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 10:51:21 PM »
I have a grand total of two G1's left from my childhood.... the two I was able to somehow hide from my mother when she collected "old" toys to make room for the new toys.  Nevermind the fact that I wanted to keep them!!!  I never had that many to begin with and I can't even remember what I had.  I think she gave them all away before I was even old enough to really remember  :(

My two best friends and I all went on Pony buying sprees when the G3's came out and that's how I got well over 100 to sell.  I just bought whatever pony I saw, wherever I saw it and spent a lot of money in the process!

This latest offer I got for 11 of them was quite a low-ball and I'm not sure how to respond.  It's also from someone with zero feedback, so it looks like they made an eBay account just to try to get my NIB ponies for next to nothing.  Problem is, most of them have no prior sales to compare to, so I don't know what a fair price is for them or for me.  Ugh.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 05:32:22 AM »
I'm glad you still have a couple of ponies from your childhood.  As for the latest offer you got, if you are not happy with the offer then you don't need to accept it.  There are plenty of other members here with lots of feedback and you can always lower the price yourself if they don't sell in time :)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 10:10:00 AM »
:newpony: and welcome to the Arena. Glad you are keeping a few.  For the most part the ones you have listed are worth around $10-15ish.  You do have some worth more, but most of the singles are not that high.  You can ask for a Price Check in the corral, just list which ones and folks will give you some ideas of value.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 06:07:50 AM »
Hello and welcome to the Arena!! So glad to have you here!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal