collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you ever just throw it away?  (Read 2916 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever just throw it away?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 06:06:07 AM »
The only pony thing that I have thrown out was some old Blind Bags that the ponies came in.  I did some pretty sad ponies before and sold them all off as a bait lot.  Now I could fix them all up if I still had them. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 06:31:04 AM »
I am a bit of a collector of everything so anything G1 MLP then no, I haven't. Been tempted? Yup...sometimes when I look at the bags and bags of pony wear which I know I will never sell and the two dozen odd Show Stable fences, I am certainly tempted.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline sherrike

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Fluttershy is my spirit animal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 06:50:31 AM »
I am a bit of a collector of everything so anything G1 MLP then no, I haven't. Been tempted? Yup...sometimes when I look at the bags and bags of pony wear which I know I will never sell and the two dozen odd Show Stable fences, I am certainly tempted.

I hear you. I have received a few bags of pony clothes along with ponies in eBay lots. I'm not a fan of the clothes, and I don't know if it's worth the space to hang on to it until the right buyer comes along. I might eventually put it on here for "free if you pay the shipping!"  ^.^

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 07:45:34 AM »
I have. Threw out a disgusting sparkly G3 that stank, was sticky and had completely changed colour. Total "Nope!" moment and I flung it straight into the bin.
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2013, 07:58:58 AM »
Recently I've been thinking of just throwing out some accessories and ephemera that I don't really need in my collection anymore and that I don't think will sell. I haven't actually thrown any pony thing away that wasn't packaging yet though.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2013, 08:13:02 AM »
We should have a pony-themed Junk Drawer swap! Everyone would throw stff into a box and mail it around, other people adding to it as time goes by! It could have bait ponies or saddles hinges, fencing, clothes, whatever! Then everyone can just pick and choose what they like/need and pass it to the next person in line!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 08:14:59 AM »
I'd probably toss something if it was completely broken, impossible to fix. Like an accessory that's been snapped into pieces or ponywear that's all shredded up and falling apart. As for actually ponies... I've got a girl that I call Poopy Time in my herd, I don't think anything is too bad for me.  :lol:

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 08:41:08 AM »
I don't buy much online, so I have the benefit of getting to chose what to leave behind. But I find I'm leaving more. I used to grab anything vintage but now I don't feel like I have the time or the inclination to flip everything I don't want myself so the broken, messy, or common stuff gets left behind.

Elf

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 08:54:33 AM »
Packaging and ad pamphlettes, and the occasional tiny cardboard background image.

Offline Watercolors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2013, 09:20:29 AM »
If its G1, I keep it. The more years that pass, the less stuff from the 80's there will be.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2013, 09:27:28 AM »
I'm like you, I never throw it away... the only things I've been able to start throwing away are when I remove cut tails from ponies. I used to save cut adult tails thinking I could reuse them for babies, but, they're too thick, and finally I can throw them away. Otherwise, I think I'd save almost every piece...

WAIT NO! I have thrown away one piece... the white A jump from the Show Stable. I had one that had broken into about 16 pieces, and was super yellow. After trying to repair it many times, I just gave up, I had gotten a replacement for mine anyway, and I knew no one would want it in that condition, so I had to let it go... :blush:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2013, 09:52:32 AM »
I'm like you, I never throw it away... the only things I've been able to start throwing away are when I remove cut tails from ponies. I used to save cut adult tails thinking I could reuse them for babies, but, they're too thick, and finally I can throw them away. Otherwise, I think I'd save almost every piece...

WAIT NO! I have thrown away one piece... the white A jump from the Show Stable. I had one that had broken into about 16 pieces, and was super yellow. After trying to repair it many times, I just gave up, I had gotten a replacement for mine anyway, and I knew no one would want it in that condition, so I had to let it go... :blush:

When something reaches that condition, I think it;s understandable that you'd toss it out. :D

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »
Generally only if the piece is truly broken and there's no hope of using it, like the A-frame mentioned above.  doors broken in half or missing hinges, horribly chewed past recognition, or otherwise rendered unusable.  I keep spare "parts" though that are fine condition-wise, just incomplete.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 11:34:46 AM »

I will admit that I have. You may all throw fakies at me now. :blush:

I would, but I threw the fakies out.  ;)

:lmao:

I've never thrown anything out but I have re-donated g3s if they're beyond my help,  I had a couple of them with ratty, cut hair, missing eyes, marker and grimy.  I was just too tired and g3s aren't worth enough to begin with - I sent them back to the thrift store.  Someone might love them but sadly it wasn't going to be me.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 11:36:09 AM »
If its G1, I keep it. The more years that pass, the less stuff from the 80's there will be.

Agreed. I have thrown out some G3 pamphlets (multiple duplicates) and pieces of packaging like plastic stuff or unnecessary paper. In general though, I will send things to the various charity donation places before I throw anything out. Especially if it's usable (what is that old saying.."one mans trash is another mans treasure"). I probably have less icky stuff though than most here because I dislike buying lots of mixed stuff. I prefer to buy things that I know what they are and be specific about it. I also know that I am too lazy (or too busy depending on point of view) to be able to do restoration work on ponies. I applaud those of you who do, but it's not my thing. So this helps keep me from having a pile up of icky stuff.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal