collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which do you think would look best?

purple
2 (11.1%)
teal(ish)
15 (83.3%)
green
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Wall color advice/help  (Read 410 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Wall color advice/help
« on: October 04, 2013, 02:28:09 AM »
Ok so Habitat Re-store just left, picked up a bunch of furniture we haven't needed for a long time and was taking up a LOT of space. I cant say enough good things about those people and that store haha.

So this used to be part play room/storage/my sons bedroom. Now iv been busy xD I remodeled my own room and moved my son up there, I plan on moving into the basement, since i do all the laundry (down there) and its got my work space, it really just made sense, ill have the whole floor to myself. At first I was planning on just cleaning the walls up and moving in because I cant afford to buy more paint. BUT my moms good friend said he wanted to buy me two gallons of paint for my birthday! The problem is im torn on colors. I want to do two tone, because the way the wall is. here look
(please excuse the filthy walls, this was a storage corner and it was impossible to get at)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Anyway the foundation is under that fake brick texture and it comes out about 4 inches from the wall. (my windows are almost level with the ground outside lol)
But I thought it would be neat if the brick texture was a darker shade, and the wall/pannels a MUCH lighter shade. and maybe keep the molding between them white?

Originally I thought purple, because I love purple. but the more i thought about it, i realized that I might love the color but Im not sure I want to live with it, but I really want something bold. Iv been playing with the color scheme designer at http://colorschemedesigner.com/

These are the only things that I really REALLY would like, and im looking more on the lighter side and not the darker.

and for the heck of it

I know I talk a lot xD im sorry. But let me hear your opinions.
Also only two of the walls will/can be painted. the other walls are made of this very cheap fake wood paneling, its kinda a dark oak color. so maybe that will help.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Wall color advice/help
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 02:32:31 AM »
I really like the teal colors, especially the one in the upper left-hand corner of the box. :)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 02:36:54 AM »
I really love that one too! I voted green but i honestly shouldnt have voted at all, I really cant pick between the two haha.

i just realized all three of these colors are in my signature xD it probably looks like I took them off of that. I guess im not surprised since all 3 of them are my favorite with purple taking the lead :p
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:38:42 AM by truevampiress »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 02:38:07 AM »
I like the first one best!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 06:55:47 AM »
I'm not gonna vote because I can't decide either. I think they'd all be really pretty. It might be, though, that the green would give you the brightest color to help offset the basement-y-ness of the basement.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 07:16:37 AM »
Teal, definitely!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

TwilightOwl

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 11:38:16 AM »
Those are my three favorite color families, so it is hard to choose. My question would be - What kind of lighting does the basement have? If it has flourescent overhead lighting it can really throw off the shade/tint you choose (especially green). I think any of the colors you love could work great in the right versions. I'm not conservative with wall color by any means, but it may be easier to live with long term if you select tones from your pallette that have a more neutral base ( still saturated intense color, but with neutral undertones). I also think your two tone idea sounds pretty. Good luck. I hope you show us the end product :-)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 11:47:42 AM »
I wanna say green just because we painted our bedroom lime green :P But I gotta say the teal is gorgeous. I'm not so fond of the purple.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 11:53:11 AM »
My office is that middle purple, my spare room is a bright teal, and my bedroom is mint. I love those three color families, so I love your choices! I think the green or teal would look best with the floor/wall panels. I voted teal because I love that top left color.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 04:16:04 PM »
I love the teal-ish. I have painted most of my walls grey though. :lol:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Aednatia

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 07:43:10 PM »
O.o I am the only one that picked purple. but to be honest I'm thinking of a more bluish purple .. or maybe even a warmer redish purple.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 11:05:47 PM »
Those are my three favorite color families, so it is hard to choose. My question would be - What kind of lighting does the basement have? If it has flourescent overhead lighting it can really throw off the shade/tint you choose (especially green). I think any of the colors you love could work great in the right versions. I'm not conservative with wall color by any means, but it may be easier to live with long term if you select tones from your pallette that have a more neutral base ( still saturated intense color, but with neutral undertones). I also think your two tone idea sounds pretty. Good luck. I hope you show us the end product :-)

I hadnt even thought about that. We have one florescent light thing down there. but I haven't been using it because the switch for it is upstairs xD and it turns on ALL the lights on that floor, so my room and the laundry room. While my son was using it for his room, i took the lights out of his room so that i wouldnt wake him whenever i had to go down for laundry. Im not sure if ill put new ones back in. Right now iv just got lamps scattered around an empty room xD.

I think when i look at actual paint swatches at home depot, they have that display with different common lights set up and you can see how it looks. Ill make sure to try that before i actually pick any colors :)

also for being a basement, its really only half way underground, i have a window in my room and my laundry/work room. even though the second floor hangs over the basement a bit, i get some decent natural lighting for part of the day.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:08:04 PM by truevampiress »

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 01:04:58 AM »
I think some of the teal and purple shades are nice, but the green is hideous. The bright grass green would kill my eyes.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 01:17:22 AM »
I think some of the teal and purple shades are nice, but the green is hideous. The bright grass green would kill my eyes.

heh yeah i could never do the dark colors, im only really considering the very light colors on the far left of all the pallets :)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 01:38:20 AM »
Although our bedroom is on the main floor, our place is set up in such a way that the only light comes from a window in the walk in closet (weird) and a small table lamp, aside from the overhead light.
I thought you would like to see how the citrus/lime green looks (it's like the shades that you like on the left side of the green that you uploaded).
Spoiler
Spoiler

It's pretty, but it's not for everyone :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal