collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can Ponies have these hairstyles?  (Read 394 times)

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
Can Ponies have these hairstyles?
« on: October 04, 2013, 12:58:23 AM »
I want to do my first two customs at the end of this year before christmas and one for my friend, but I am wondering if there is a way to style brushable hair on a pony to make it fall  in the following hairstyles?

Firstly, my kpop idol, Kang Daesung with mushroom hair and side fringe:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Then, my favourite Monster High character, Jackson (also with side fringe)

Finally, my friend's kpop idol T.O.P with blue mushroom hair and bangs:

Is there any way that I can get brushable hair to sit like that? Or is it only possible with sculpted hair?

Thanks! :)
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Can Ponies have these hairstyles?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 07:09:33 AM »
The answer is to poke extra re-hairing holes around the side of the mane, and use lots and LOTS of hair gel to get it to stay down.

The larger-sized ponies have an easier time, because the hair is long enough to weigh itself down.

Offline FluffleNuff

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 09:59:44 AM »
The answer is to poke extra re-hairing holes around the side of the mane, and use lots and LOTS of hair gel to get it to stay down.

The larger-sized ponies have an easier time, because the hair is long enough to weigh itself down.

So it is recommended to use G1s for this? Must i poke the holes in a certain pattern or just poke poke poke? :)

Kitten Mittens

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 09:19:45 PM »

So it is recommended to use G1s for this? Must i poke the holes in a certain pattern or just poke poke poke? :)

This may be my over cautious side talking but probably best just to repeat and expand out on the pattern of holes already there, rather than risk a blotchy mane or plastic breaking into a crack when three or more holes too close are haired.
If you find it isnt enough for the fringe you can always jab some more holes along the edge of the mane.
But if you really want to do it with a G4 or some smaller pony, you might get away with a micro fibre rehair, but that's a whole different ball of yarn to be playing with.

Offline FluffleNuff

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:52:03 PM »
Perhaps I should practice normal rehairing, I havent even done that yet :P

This seems like no easy task

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 01:22:04 AM »
I've actually been looking at some of the pre-made monster high and other doll wigs and wondering if I can adapt to be able to glue in place = the weave already has the hair able to be down and brushable without gel and I've been wondering if there's a way to sew /knot using the existing holes to secure than glue on the sides, strategic places... anyhow = still working on it ...

other idea is to second the suggestion of micro fiber/mohair or other non nylon to get it that styled and stay put.  I also second the lots of hair gel or mod podge to regular nylon hair to help get that mushroom-y look (and yes you will be making your own holes as well to better frame that shape)

have fun :-)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal