collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 19937 times)

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #570 on: October 21, 2013, 03:41:46 PM »
Glacia- Sounds great, I'd love a polar Vivillon! I've got a baby Ponyta with your name on it :) I've added you~

Flarewing- Added you too! I'd love to get the other starters eventually (especially Charmander, if you have him!) Is there anything in particular you're looking for in return?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 21, 2013, 03:50:05 PM »
Awesome! I can trade any time within the next hour or so (after that I'm off to bed :zzz: ).

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 21, 2013, 04:00:50 PM »
Awesome! I can trade any time within the next hour or so (after that I'm off to bed :zzz: ).
did you have any Drought Vulpix babies on hand? :3

I was so upset.... all that money...
i hear ya. D:  I know in past games, i would use all of my poke balls and still wouldnt catch the legendary. And always would carry extras just in case.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Glacia471

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 21, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »
Not yet, I'm still in the process of IV testing the most recent batch of Wishing Eevees :) If you don't care too much about stats I can breed one for you quick though. :awake: Oh and I do advise waiting to evolve it until it learns Extrasensory, as Ninetales won't learn it. (I am super excited to abuse Drought + Solar Beam on Ninetales again though! :lovey: )

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 21, 2013, 04:13:31 PM »
Not yet, I'm still in the process of IV testing the most recent batch of Wishing Eevees :) If you don't care too much about stats I can breed one for you quick though. :awake: Oh and I do advise waiting to evolve it until it learns Extrasensory, as Ninetales won't learn it. (I am super excited to abuse Drought + Solar Beam on Ninetales again though! :lovey: )
i dont care too much on stats, so if you can breed me one quickly that would be awesome! :3 and the thought of a drought solarbeaming Ninetails is scary and cool at the same time. xD
What would you like for it? I do have a female Ivysaur i caught in a Friend safari (sadly, it doesnt have its Hidden Ability).

Offline Glacia471

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 21, 2013, 04:18:12 PM »
Making laps in front of the daycare as I type this :) I LOVE my Ninetales on my B2 version. Drought, Flamethrower, Solar Beam, Extrasensory and Hidden Power Ice. Along with Chlorophyll Leafeon, they led my Doubles team and were surprisingly solid as far as partners go.

Ivysaur is fine, unless you happen to have Galvantula :lovey: I miss Compoundeyes + Thunder.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 21, 2013, 04:25:19 PM »
Making laps in front of the daycare as I type this :) I LOVE my Ninetales on my B2 version. Drought, Flamethrower, Solar Beam, Extrasensory and Hidden Power Ice. Along with Chlorophyll Leafeon, they led my Doubles team and were surprisingly solid as far as partners go.

Ivysaur is fine, unless you happen to have Galvantula :lovey: I miss Compoundeyes + Thunder.
Sounds like a pretty awesome Ninetails! :D  it took me until this gen to have a two pokemon team that would work well : my Lapras and Goodra. xD

I wish I could find Galvantula, even though I have a love-hate relationship with it ( a friend on mine would destroy my team in BW2 with hers. xD)
I'll be ready to trade whenever you are! :3  Might do a quick run in a friend safari to get another Growlithe (managed to trade one for a Chansey on the GTS).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:26:56 PM by MilkyTaroMochi »

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 21, 2013, 04:51:45 PM »
did you have any Drought Vulpix babies on hand? :3

i hear ya. D:  I know in past games, i would use all of my poke balls and still wouldnt catch the legendary. And always would carry extras just in case.

:cry:  All the clothes I could have bought....
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 21, 2013, 04:54:31 PM »
Thanks for the trade, Glacia! Polar Vivillon is so pretty!

I feel so non-hardcore. I've been playing Pokemon since the very beginning, so I thought I'd had a pretty good handle on the games, but it seems to play competitively you've got to get so complicated. I have no idea what Pokemon's natures do. As far as abilities, if I catch two of one pokemon and one has an ability that sounds more useful than the other, that's the one I'll use, but I don't know what every ability does or which possible abilities each pokemon can get. I also don't really understand how moves or abilities are passed along through eggs, or why people bother. And EV training? (Is that the right term?) Seems over the top. I'm so unsophisticated!

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 21, 2013, 05:02:47 PM »
Thanks for the trade, Glacia! Polar Vivillon is so pretty!

I feel so non-hardcore. I've been playing Pokemon since the very beginning, so I thought I'd had a pretty good handle on the games, but it seems to play competitively you've got to get so complicated. I have no idea what Pokemon's natures do. As far as abilities, if I catch two of one pokemon and one has an ability that sounds more useful than the other, that's the one I'll use, but I don't know what every ability does or which possible abilities each pokemon can get. I also don't really understand how moves or abilities are passed along through eggs, or why people bother. And EV training? (Is that the right term?) Seems over the top. I'm so unsophisticated!

Don't let that get you down.... I love pokemon for the experience, not all that crazy stuff! I never EV train, or battle competitively. I just play; it's a game!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Glacia471

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 21, 2013, 05:08:05 PM »
If I wasn't about to pass out I'd explain it for you, perhaps after I've had some sleep :) However, you can (as of 5th Gen) tell what natures do just by looking at a pokemon's stats. If it's red, it increases the base stat by 10%, if it's blue, it decreases it. Example- Timid is -Attack, +Speed, so the word 'speed' by the speed value of a Timid pokemon will show in red/pinkish, and 'attack' will be in blue.  As for EVs and IVs, unless you're planning on being a bit competitive, even if it's just taking on the Battle Maison, you shouldn't worry about it. It's a bit like Pandora's box :drunk: Egg moves are handy though, and definitely worth looking into.

Flarewing

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #581 on: October 21, 2013, 08:14:48 PM »

I haven't had any money issues after I purchased the Luck Incense and gave it to my lead Sylveon. I started going into the little castle where you fight the nobles and let him curb-stomp all of their pokemon. I think I just got promoted for the third time, and my total earnings from fighting those clowns (maybe four trips) was around 300k. It's also great for leveling up 20's-40's pokemon, since trainer battles give much more XP.

Flarewing- Added you too! I'd love to get the other starters eventually (especially Charmander, if you have him!) Is there anything in particular you're looking for in return?

I'm mostly after stuff that comes from after the end game, as I'm milking the storyline along so I don't get bored with the game (though I hope having friends to play with remedies that). I will always accept Eevee trades or starters. Anything that's particularly neat looking or cute is perfectly acceptable (Emolga, lookin' at you, my favorite pokemon ever. I have this twisted idea to make an all-Emolga team for battles, just to see if I can make people cry, especially if they still can get Volt Switch).

Post Merge: October 21, 2013, 08:25:05 PM

Basically, there are two types of stats, Effort Values and Individual Values. EV's you can now see and train through the Super Training mini-game.

Quote from Bulbapedia on EV's:
Effort values (abbreviated EVs and previously called Stat Exp), officially called base stats (Japanese: きそポイント base point), are attributes which give bonuses to a Pokémon's stats and improve differently depending which Pokémon they defeat. These bonuses, in the form of effort points, are gained in addition to bonuses gained by increasing level. A Pokémon which increases in level using a Rare Candy instead of battling does not gain any EVs, making it weaker than a Pokémon who increases in level normally.

Roughly speaking, defeating fast Pokémon increases Speed better than fighting slow Pokémon, defeating Pokémon with high hit points improves HP more than defeating Pokémon with low HP, and so on. For example, fighting 100 Machop will improve a Pokémon's Attack stat more than fighting 100 Abra of the same level, whereas the Abra will improve the Special Attack stat more.

Unlike experience points, which are reduced when multiple Pokémon are receiving experience, effort points are awarded equally to all Pokémon who participated in defeating a Pokémon. Though they are shared, each of the Pokémon will receive the standard amount of effort points.

Quote from Bulbapedia on IV's:
Individual values, IVs for short, sometimes also known as determinant values, DVs for short, are the Pokémon equivalent of genes. They are instrumental in determining the stats of a Pokémon, being responsible for the large variation in stats among untrained Pokémon of the same species.

Each of the six battle stats has an IV associated with it, with that IV coming into calculation alongside the Pokémon's base stats and EVs to determine the actual stat number. A Pokémon's IVs are determined when it is generated by the game; when it is obtained as an Egg from the Pokémon Day Care, encountered in the wild, or given to the player by an NPC.

Basically, without hacking, you can change EV's. IV's, you can never change. However, the pokemon's nature is what helps determines it's IV's.

Here's the link to Bulbapedia's Natures page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:25:05 PM by Flarewing »

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 21, 2013, 09:44:44 PM »
I never EV trained either.   Though I have been using the Super Training some in this game.  My strategy was always to spread the Pokerus ASAP and that was about it.  LOL!

Post Merge: October 21, 2013, 09:49:00 PM

I have a question - what is the difference between wonder trade and GTS? is one better then the other? Or does it matter?

Like someone else said, the GTS you can search for what you want.  Wonder trade is totally random.

Wonder trade can be fun though!  And addictive!!  It's like playing the lottery.  he he!   I got a few nice things from it, including a pokemon with the Pokerus on it and a Ditto!  I'm still very early in the game, so it was nice to get them!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 21, 2013, 10:35:36 PM »
I'm too lazy to battle competitively. Plus, I always battle with favorites, which makes my team an easy target in the competitive department.

On the subject of Wonder Trade, what have you all received that has made you think 'Didn't expect that to come through'?
I've received a Lv 47 Talonflame with the Kalos Champion ribbon attached, someone's Lapras (the one given to you), and several items (including a Mawile holding an Ultra Ball).

On another note - FINALLY got the Hatching O-Power! :frolic:

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 21, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »
I'm too lazy to battle competitively. Plus, I always battle with favorites, which makes my team an easy target in the competitive department.
This! I think it's way too time consuming and complicated to battle competitively.

On the subject of Wonder Trade, what have you all received that has made you think 'Didn't expect that to come through'?
I mostly get very common Pokémon like Fletchling, Bunnelby, Weedle, etc. I did get a japanese Gengar once though. Didn't expect that.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal