collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My heart has changed overnight.  (Read 843 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
My heart has changed overnight.
« on: September 23, 2013, 12:53:33 PM »
I've found myself in an odd situation. I guess it's not all that odd, but I'm an 18 year old girl who loves clothes and fashion, but I've found myself drawn to selling some of/most of my pony collection off in order to buy clothes/shoes/bags/accessories instead. It's really, really weird. I guess I've never felt this way before, it's a sudden urge, but it's one I don't think I'll even regret. So basically, I'm saying I'm thinking that if I'm still feeling the same way at the weekend, I'm going to start photographing the ponies (I think there are 80 G1, a few G2s, and 4 G4s) I'm really shocked by it, but I guess that's life. I'm very sad about the 'idea' of separating my NBT sets, I haven't admitted before, but I completed them back in June, and now after all the grief tracking them down, I'm thinking of selling some off and keeping the few favourites, as well as keeping all the accessories. I'm going to offer all my ponies for trade too, but only for things I desperately want, since I'm more inclined to sell for clothes and shoes now.

Nutty how life can throw things at you like that, isn't it? I just wanted to let people know this, and that I might not be around as much as usual, (I will complete all trades first, no worries partners!) but yeah, just wanted to let people know.

A few of the highlights should include:
Great Hair Ringlets
MOC Italian Seashell
Lots of Italians
A Mexican
Sand Dollar mint with shell
Lots of random NBTs
Dutchies
Parts of my flutter collection (Which was complete) including, if I have them, their flutter picks.
The rest of my MH clothes, all really HTF ones.

I say SHOULD since the list may change, and these ponies may not necessarily be put up for sale, and I may keep, this is just a possibility. Please don't PM me, asking what I have, or will I hold this or that. I'm not interested in offering early, it's not fair on anyone. I work on a first come first saved basis, and I live in the UK, so my timeframe is better suited to European members - sorry! That means, its first come first serve WHEN they go up for sale IF they go up for sale. NO pre-PMs please!! It's too stressful, and I will be inclined to ignore them, I'm too busy as it is! :(

I'm posting in corral since I wanted to ask: how big a description is required per pony, because I don't have much time, I'm a full time college student with CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) who is at college 6am-6pm. Well transport etc. So can anyone tell me? I just want to do a simple:

Body:
Eyes:
Hair:

Jobbie? Would that do?

Thanks!

and if anyone wants to know what my change of heart has come about from, please check my post in off topic, I've started a fashion blog, and it's become my priority after college.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:24:27 PM by Icecrystalline »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: My heart has changed overnight.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 12:58:27 PM »
Wow, I was reading your blog the other day. I'm sorry to hear that you feel as though you can no longer do both, it's good that you're going to keep some of your favorites for your collection. I really hope that you've given this a lot of thought, I've not been a member here long, but I have seen far too many posts about someone selling their collection and having to start over again.
I would think that having photo's with a description would suffice. For me personally I like to know the flaws as opposed to what's perfect. So pen marks, cancer, regrind, dry hair etc...
Hugs and best of luck :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 01:00:28 PM »
You've got to follow your heart! Who knows where your dreams might lead you, if you don't take a leap? As long as the ponies end up in good homes and you're better off for it, I think you should do what you think is best for you! :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 01:03:52 PM »
Thanks MikeysGurl! I reckon it's not the juggling of the two, it's more of the 'I'd rather have' syndrome, and I'm not all that sad at the moment. I've given it some thought, and will continue to do so until the weekend, but I'm pretty sure I can part with them, after all, I must have, what 160 ponies, and some I guess I just got because they looked nice/ were rare at a good price, and some I have no emotional attachment to at all. I'll be keeping my childhood ones, plus favourites like Nightlight, Soda Sippers, Good Weather, all my UK ponies, so I'm not sad. The shoes are calling louder than the ponies. I just hope I have more luck with the sale than I did last time I hosted a large event. I can't let my Yr 3 seapony go less than I paid, so I'll have to have a reserve, I guess I'll go auction style for her, and set prices for most others.... x

Reanna: Thank you! I reckon I need a change of scene, my bedroom is sobbing for room, so I reckon I might post a brag of all I've gotten this year, then sell off the ones I don't need. I know they'll go to good homes, so that I don't worry, just hoping people are able to pay the prices I've seen them go for recently. I'm aiming for eBay prices, but with arena member discounts of course, since I HATE selling on eBay. Love buying, hate selling! x

Offline PrincessKelliee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 01:10:40 PM »
You should do whatever feels right for you to do, but if you are in doubt about certain things; Don't. When in doubt, always say no :)  Otherwise you'll might regret your choices. I do know what you are going through tho, I'm big on collecting stuff and than all of a sudden the other things don't matter half as much to me anymore. And if you'd want to trade Pony's for Fashion - Items, I could help you out if we share the same style/size.

Please do only part with items you are certain about :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 01:15:49 PM »
Sometimes we as humans we get drawn into something very fast. I am that way and my father is very much that way. I can be crazy about something for months and even years and  then I no longer have much interest in it. I had this happen with me and Breyer Horses. I collected them for years and years then sold them all off. For a while there I got into ponies and bought like crazy! Then I went back to Breyers and sold off most of my ponies. In 2011 I got back into ponies and sold off all of my breyers but 8. I sometimes wonder why I do this and it does get old at times. But I guess that is how some of us are.

You can always come back to ponies down the road if you change your mind. As at your age I was kind of the same way. It was not till I got older that I wanted a hobby that I could sell off if I had to.

I wish you luck with what you choice to do in your life :) Enjoy! 

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 01:23:39 PM »
I understand where you are coming from. It's a lot easier and I think it says something when you don't really have that attachment to the items. We've recently listed some of our collection due to financial issues, and I think it was easier for me than it was for my husband. Yes I see it as something we do together, but I don't feel any emotional attachment to them, well except for the ones he specifically picked out for me or some of my customs.

It sounds like you have everything figured out, I mean if your hearts not in it, then it makes sense to go with heart :) It's good that you're going to hold on to some for sentimental reasons (childhood ponies) and your favorites.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 01:27:05 PM »
MG: Yeah, I'm quite happy at my decision, it'll be nice to have some ROOM! XD But yes, I'm definitely keeping ones I love. Definitely! :D

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 01:44:42 PM »
Yeah, as to the room issue, I'm packing away most of my G3s coming up. I'm not quite ready to sell off all but my favorites as at the moment it's really just a matter of them cluttering up a room I'm supposed to be sharing with my husband. >.<
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal