collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Design-a-Pony cleaning tips?  (Read 284 times)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Design-a-Pony cleaning tips?
« on: September 21, 2013, 01:17:02 PM »
Hey... so I lucked out at Value Village today, and nabbed a Design-a-Pony Fluttershy... yay!

But she's about 1/3 coloured-in... boo!

Sally Hansen nail varnish remover (salon strength with extra acetone!) seems to be removing some of the incredibly pinkety-pink marker that the previous owner used... yay!

But it's also quite handily removing the black ink demarking where Fluttershy can be customized... boo!

So I figured I'd bring the conundrum to my friends on the Arena... yay!  Got any tips for cleaning up this sweet little addition to my growing Fluttershy army?

Thanks in advance!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Design-a-Pony cleaning tips?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 01:33:31 PM »
Acetone will remove/damage the painted areas. I have not cleaned a design a pony, but I do know acetone free polish remover is gentle on the eyes and symbols of g1 ponies so might be worth a try for Fluttershy.
If you can get a magic eraser it may help but this is a product that care has to be taken around painted areas you want to keep.
I do wonder if the pinky pink color is highlighter marker? That seems to never come off completely, so far in my experience. :(

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 03:35:11 PM »
So you want to remove what was coloured in and leave on the black marks? Unfortunately I am not sure its possible to do one without the other. Acetone is probably the only thing which will move the coloured in sections but it is always going to remove the black. You could possibly give sun fading a try? It will remove the coloured in pink before it will remove the black [although it may fade this].
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 05:41:56 PM »
You might try saturating a towel/paper towel with bleach & just laying it (do not rub!) over the colored areas. I have no idea what it may do to the printed black designs though. I've used this method to remove dye marks from models & whatnot quite successfully but have no idea if the Design-a-Pony material will respond similarly. I've done it for up to 24 hours without ill effect on painted models.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal