collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~Mug Swap 2013~ All done!  (Read 30009 times)

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
Re: ~Mug Swap 2013~ Partners Assigned! SHOP TILL YOU DROP!
« Reply #225 on: September 28, 2013, 09:08:28 AM »
Several of us have said we want normal sized mugs. I just went shopping and I'm finding that there are lots of sizes and shapes. Are you okay with something rounded instead of a cylinder?  Is it okay if a mug is slightly larger than normal but not huge? I found a pretty mug but I'm worried it is not a normal mug.
I like lots of different kinds of mugs :--) I like the rounder ones, and also ones that you can drink soup out of but if you got me one of those i'd prefer it to be a second mug or something, since I do really need mugs more for coffee/tea :3

I MAY paint a mug, but that depends how much enamel paint is.. and also, you can't really put them in the dishwasher, so I have a question..

Are you okay with getting a mug that would need to be hand washed?
I hand wash everything, so that's fine with me, as long as you mention that i should be gentle with it, so I know :-3

Edit: Sunshine, those are so pretty *__* I love the first one and the second to last, aw!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:10:26 AM by Dainty »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 28, 2013, 09:12:11 AM »
Yes yes to Arizona clay mugs.

For my name I really would like one with Marigold on it.  I also like marigold flowers a lot.

Hand washed is okay. 

I also may be painting a mug.  :D 

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 28, 2013, 09:29:12 AM »
Boy I tell you after being nosy and reading through this thread I have come to the conclusion that there are so many variations of mugs I had never considered. What a fun swap.  You guys enjoy yourselves. I plan on watching for brags. I love coffee mugs.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2013, 09:31:18 AM »
I don't have a dishwasher xD. So hand washing is fine by me :)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »
I own a dishwasher.. but I havent used it in 12 years HAHA, I do not like them, I feel like I can get things cleaner by hand :p so yes anything that needs to be handwashed is just fine for me.

Funny story, I opened my dishwasher out of curiosity a few months ago, and there were actually clean dishes in it -___- either they were left and forgotten when I had finally said ENOUGH or someones been using it as a storage ROFL
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #230 on: September 28, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »
I live in Arizona, and have sometimes seen mugs made by the Indians on the reservations here. They end up looking like glazed clay type mugs. Is this something you'd be interested in, partner? Yes. That. Exactly. ^.^

Would you mind if your name was on the cup? if so what do you prefer to be called?
Cicelie. I have no mugs/cups with my name on them because my mom was nearly delirious when she decided how my name was to be spelled and chose to be different. >_<

I used to wash everything by hand. I now love and almost exclusively use my dishwasher. But I am not opposed to washing a mug by hand. ^.^
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #231 on: September 28, 2013, 10:28:23 AM »
Hey all!

I'm so glad I could share those teacups with ya'll. Definitely let me know if you're interested, I'm willing to make fine deals to meet our budget (not the ENTIRE budget either :))

I have missed some questions, I'm gonna run and take a shower and try and fix up a list that of the questions and put them in my want list in a spoiler (link is in my signature).

Then I'm going off and shopping for my partner. I found a couple things online, but I want to see what I can find in person... having a mug shipped to me just to be shipped again, that's 2x the chances of breaking (well, not really because I will be packing the HECK outta my box - no breakage here!)

I have some others still at my parents house that my mother believes are a little bit "better" and more expensive china tea cups. I am going to see her tomorrow so I may take photos. Especially if anyone is looking for something outside the swap that might be a little bit better quality or something.
Most are florals I'm sure, my grandma liked flowers, roses and violets.
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #232 on: September 28, 2013, 11:00:31 AM »
ETA NEW QUESTION!! 

Just found the most perfect extra for this box but it wont work unless the answer to this question is yes. Do you have your ears peirced?  I do.

Sunshine, those teacups are so pretty.  :)

It's funny, part of the reason I joined this swap was because I thought, 'that should be a relative inexpensive swap where I can spoil my partner without killing my bank account'.  But now of course every mug I'm drawn to for my partner is over the swap budget.  Some are even like $60.  Haha... only me.  It's not my partners fault in anyway, I'm sure they'd be fine with cheaper mugs, but the $60 mugs are so cool.  Might have to go thrift shopping and see if I can find a hidden gem.

Truevampiress, I once lived in a share house where my room mate hated the dishwasher, so she would hand wash everything so we'd never use it.  When we moved out they were like 'The dishwasher was filthy' and we said, 'well we never even opened that thing, so you should probably talk to your last tennants'

Anyways...

Several of us have said we want normal sized mugs. I just went shopping and I'm finding that there are lots of sizes and shapes. Are you okay with something rounded instead of a cylinder?  Is it okay if a mug is slightly larger than normal but not huge? I found a pretty mug but I'm worried it is not a normal mug.  I am totally fine and even happy with over sized, oddly shaped anything like that mugs.  It's what I tend to buy for myself. A mug is never too big in my opinion.

I live in Arizona, and have sometimes seen mugs made by the Indians on the reservations here. They end up looking like glazed clay type mugs. Is this something you'd be interested in, partner?  Something like that would be great.

Would you mind if your name was on the cup? if so what do you prefer to be called?   That's fine.  Kate would probably be the best choice.  Not opposed to my user name here either.

Are you okay with getting a mug that would need to be hand washed?  I'd be ok with it, I tend to do a load of hand washing every day, but I prefer to use the dishwasher, because I'm lazy.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:07:34 AM by xeevee »

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #233 on: September 28, 2013, 11:39:46 AM »
Do you have your ears peirced?
Technically i have 5 holes in my ears lol but only one of them is actual stud size xD my lowest holes are pretty big, 5/8inch, my second row are at a 4 gauge. I still really like cute tiny earrings for the one stud sized hole, but please dont buy me gauges/tunnels and things because i tend not to change them often. no dangling/hanging earrings either please. >.<

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #234 on: September 28, 2013, 11:51:50 AM »
Vamp - I need to get back to you about the adoptable still if that's okay! I'm super busy today but I don't want you to think I don't want one, lol! :hug:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #235 on: September 28, 2013, 12:04:20 PM »
Vamp, I'm going to get one too but I need to figure out how to word everything... -_- While juggling the kids.

Do you have your ears pierced?
Yes, but I have sensitive ears that sometimes don't like anything but silver... *sigh* >_<
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 28, 2013, 12:13:04 PM »
Do you have your ears pierced?
Yup, sure do. I like stud earrings or shorter dangly ones. Nothing too long.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #237 on: September 28, 2013, 12:59:47 PM »
@Sunshine and Archidraca
Dont worry about it! ^^ ill be working on them throughout the swap so no rush :D

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 28, 2013, 01:05:10 PM »
Do you have your ears peirced?
Yes, but nickel irritates my ears :--) most earrings now are nickel free though, i think?

Edit: also, for anyone planning on painting a mug- Michaels usually has Americana brand gloss enamel paint, which is fairly cheap (i think it was <$3.00 per bottle, which isnt terrible for specialty paint). You paint it on and then you can bake the mug to make sure it lasts :--)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:12:34 PM by Dainty »

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 28, 2013, 01:17:35 PM »
Ok I think im up to date with the questions lol If I have missed one which my partner needs answering please just ask Mkia to poke me:)
I went Christmas shopping today and saw some great mugs going to keep looking for a few more days untill I make up my mind!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal