collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone else do writing RPs?  (Read 516 times)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Does anyone else do writing RPs?
« on: September 19, 2013, 05:10:36 PM »
So I am a member on the Land of Avalon rp board, and I was really wanting to get back into it, but I was wondering if there was anyone else that RPed there as well?  Or if anyone would be interested in joining me there?

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone else do writing RPs?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 05:18:32 PM »
I used to do written RPS ALL the time. Like...it was such a huge part of my teen years  :lol: But I've never done it like a board such as what you mentioned, it was always one-on-one with a friend or a very small group (like 3-4 people max) to keep things organized and moving quickly. 

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 05:28:57 PM »
Mmm I onexone with a friend sometimes when she likes to do it. I co-write with my previously curriculum director from where I taught. That's about it. :lol: :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 05:39:09 PM »
My husband started up an RP forum several years ago that used to be quite active.  I love to write, and I enjoy a good RP, but I had a lot of trouble participating without feeling like I was god-moding or stepping on people's toes, so I quit.  Haven't been on there in a long time, so I don't know how active it is anymore.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 06:07:45 PM »
I used to, in a variety of settings, until I started to have a serious lack of time for it.  :(  I do sort of miss it, but it caused all sorts of copyright infringement problems...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 11:17:28 PM »
Not my thing. Have fun!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 10:43:31 AM »
Yes, ill rp from time to time, but not on the board you listed.  Its hard enough to find time to  do something, its usually only with a few close friends.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 11:17:25 AM »
i have been rping  for the better part of my life.. lol  XD at least the last 15 or so years of it.  on nad off mostly when i can find people.  i  started off on a board  thing. then i  went to a scrolling java room  then to a regualr chat room was there for years until it shut down.  i was also  on differnt messengers.  icq msn,  yahoo lal those various thigns until i lost  track of everyone. now  i just rp with one or two differnt people. mainly just 1 perosn lol.  was on furcadia for awhile.. still hop ont here.   i mostly do it on skype now. i love it.. its awesome fun ^^   i'm always up for a good rp! lol

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 02:00:38 PM »
I started role-playing on the neopets forums back in... Jeeze. Like 2003 or so, when I was 8 or 9. It was a huge part of my free time from then til about four years ago, I kinda fell off the wagon after the friends I role-played with started getting all snotty about them (they cared more about making up pages for their characters and the appearance of the forums than they did the substance of the role-play). I role-played warriors (the cat books) like crazy. My friends would make pro-boards forums for them all the time, and when we got tired of one plot we'd abandon that forum and start a new one. I tried to start a new warriors RP a year or so ago but I couldn't attract any people to the forum. :(
If anyone wants to try to organize a one on one or anything, feel free to PM me! Especially if you've ever role-played Warriors. :)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 06:11:05 PM »
I could never keep up with RPs, even as a writer.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 06:22:55 PM »
I started role-playing on the neopets forums back in... Jeeze. Like 2003 or so, when I was 8 or 9. It was a huge part of my free time from then til about four years ago, I kinda fell off the wagon after the friends I role-played with started getting all snotty about them (they cared more about making up pages for their characters and the appearance of the forums than they did the substance of the role-play). I role-played warriors (the cat books) like crazy. My friends would make pro-boards forums for them all the time, and when we got tired of one plot we'd abandon that forum and start a new one. I tried to start a new warriors RP a year or so ago but I couldn't attract any people to the forum. :(
If anyone wants to try to organize a one on one or anything, feel free to PM me! Especially if you've ever role-played Warriors. :)

I started out roleplaying Warriors on Neopets! At some point one of my characters was the leader of Windclan. Had to stop when my parents had my brother block the site, when I was about 12. Got back into roleplaying a couple years ago. I've been roleplaying on Tumblr, primarily as Homestuck characters since then.  I've tried to get into a few other fandoms on Tumblr as well, but found it hard to find active people, or people who I clicked with.

I've met some pretty problematic people through it, but I've also made tons of friends and had a great chance to develop some characters. It's my main hobby.

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 03:38:47 AM »
I used to roleplay Pippin from Lord of the Rings years ago, with a friend but it was more silly, crazy roleplays than actual serious ones. Then when The Hobbit came out, I started getting back into it and rp a dwarf from the movie/book on tumblr. It's been a really great way to write new stuff, to use my imagination and develop character. I'm still active there, just less so than I was in the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal