collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ohhh no they didnt!...oh yes they did  (Read 2132 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: Ohhh no they didnt!...oh yes they did
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 05:50:02 PM »
Fair enough, I guess I was going through a kind of "I don't want to feel like I was the only one" kind of thing, or something.  I'll end this now, so it can get back on topic, sorry everyone.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »
For the OMG factor, it's an amusing show.  I could see my 8 yr old falling in love with the clothes, then FLIPPING out because they are uncomfortable.  My glamour girl must have comfy bling.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2013, 06:05:32 PM »
For the OMG factor, it's an amusing show.  I could see my 8 yr old falling in love with the clothes, then FLIPPING out because they are uncomfortable.  My glamour girl must have comfy bling.
Lol rybett you should market a line of comfy giant dresses! Make a fortune :P I'd want a pony blinged out dress if it were me

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2013, 11:15:03 PM »
So... does she dress in style?  :cool:

Is that what happens when bronies have children? :lol:
Not if she's four years old, no.
I don't get it...

Four years ago was 2009. There was no FiM and therefore no "bronies" (male fans of ponies, sure, but I guess they knew better than to name their kids after Surprise or Wigwam =P)
First of, bronies was never planned to be a "male only" term, it just kind of happened.  Secondly, the term could have easily been used before FIM, from what I've seen, I mean - we don't know for sure, right?  I have seen people say that they used the term before FIM.

I can absolutely assure that the word brony is a term penned by the G4 male fans. As a G1 collector nearly all my life I do not associate with the term.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2013, 09:30:42 AM »
So... does she dress in style?  :cool:

Is that what happens when bronies have children? :lol:
Not if she's four years old, no.
I don't get it...

Four years ago was 2009. There was no FiM and therefore no "bronies" (male fans of ponies, sure, but I guess they knew better than to name their kids after Surprise or Wigwam =P)
First of, bronies was never planned to be a "male only" term, it just kind of happened.  Secondly, the term could have easily been used before FIM, from what I've seen, I mean - we don't know for sure, right?  I have seen people say that they used the term before FIM.

I can absolutely assure that the word brony is a term penned by the G4 male fans. As a G1 collector nearly all my life I do not associate with the term.

Since we're still talking about this...

I get it, and I appologised for it; I was trying to make myself feel less of an outsider, but the more I keep this up I'll only be more of one.  So I'll stop now.

I have a nostalgic attachment to the word "brony" for some reason, because I always equated it with all fans, and seeing as I love all generations, and have a nostalgic attachment to them too, I always kind of lived in hope that brony could have been used before the recent version, but in a more secluded way, that's all.

I realize, like with my confession that I would have always viewed cutie marks as being earned, like in G4, even if I had started collecting from the begining, because that's how I would have interpretted them, due to the fact that I was always facinated by the whole "finding your purpose in life" when I was young, and also my confession that once I learned the word cutie mark, I would equate that, in my mind as the term for "Symbols" even in G1 and G2, that it does somewhat icolate me if I let it get to me.

If it's any excuse, I'm not feeling 100%, so I'm a little more emotional, I basically got all overloaded with nostalgia, and took things a bit too far.  I'm really sorry about this, I will be more careful with how I act, I am usually a lot better than this now, I realized last night, that I was acting very close to how I used to act online, and I hate that person now.

Like I say; I'm not feeling 100%, but just incase, I promise to be more careful, so that I don't go back to being that person.  I appologise for all I have said on this thread, and I appologise for taking it off topic.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2013, 10:30:59 AM »
Alrighty since we can't be respectful and keep this on topic I think it needs to be locked  -_-

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2013, 10:46:11 AM »
It's my fault, I'm sorry.  You don't have to lock it because of me, I'll stay out of this topic now.  If anyone wants to follow this up, PM me, but I will stay out of this topic now, so you don't have to lock it.

Last comment I make here, I promise.  Sorry again.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2013, 12:54:58 PM »
It's my fault, I'm sorry.  You don't have to lock it because of me, I'll stay out of this topic now.  If anyone wants to follow this up, PM me, but I will stay out of this topic now, so you don't have to lock it.

Last comment I make here, I promise.  Sorry again.

It's ok, no worries. I brought it back up by adding my two cents. So lets get back on topic now. For good.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2013, 01:09:14 PM »
I have herd of this show but really do not care for it.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2013, 01:23:06 AM »
I don't know, I'd highly suspect if not scripted, heavily prompted.  All the "reality" shows are scripted to some extent or another.  They're counting on shock factor, so any contestants that don't hype it up aren't likely to be featured on the show. I mean when was the last time you saw a reality show where everyone was nice to each other and there was no drama?  Hah!   :satisfied:
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2013, 06:55:56 AM »
*headdesk* And this is from someone who's kid shares a name with a pony. Though due to popular misconception she's named after a book, not a pony.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2013, 07:31:37 AM »
How I react when I see little girls named Bella... >.>
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2013, 07:57:22 AM »
*headdesk* And this is from someone who's kid shares a name with a pony. Though due to popular misconception she's named after a book, not a pony.
What's her name if I'm allowed to ask?

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2013, 08:20:04 AM »
How I react when I see little girls named Bella... >.>
Hahah I knooww. Which makes me mad because I've always loved the name Isabelle! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal