collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on cleaning/restoring flocking?  (Read 213 times)

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Advice on cleaning/restoring flocking?
« on: September 18, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »
I just got my first set of G1 so softs Shady, Cupcake and Magic star.  They are in pretty poor shape. Dirty, black marker and very patchy flocking, some hair cuts/trims.  :huh: Before I start cleaning them I`m just looking for some advice/do`s and dont`s. Whats safe to use on them and whats not.
I`m going to try to clean them first before i decide if I need to de-flock.
Has anyone had much success touching up flocking?

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: Advice on cleaning/restoring flocking?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 06:52:37 AM »
It seems to depend on what is wrong with the flocking.  Some mild problems, like basic light dirt and grime can be fixed with a gentle washing.  I use dish soap and cool water.  I rub it in very, very gently until it has a nice lather and the gently rinse.  I set the pony to dry and repeat if it wasn't enough/I missed a spot.  I can't tell anything when they are wet.  I'm even patched a few small rubs with modge podge and flocking, but it's not a perfect fix, the modge podged areas are not soft to the touch.  If you wash them, you might take care to avoid getting water in them as much as possible.  Hope this helps!

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on cleaning/restoring flocking?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 08:08:05 AM »
Yes, thats the kind of advice I`m looking for. They have flocking rubed off around the edges of their feet, ears and some other spots. One has none around her neck. I`m just debating wether to try to patch it or just completely de-flock them. Does anyone have pictures of some patched flocking?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal