collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever wish you had a different first name?  (Read 3138 times)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Ever wish you had a different first name?
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »
No but I have wish for a new last name all the time....my full name is Laura Stripp

Nobody EVER says my last name right - I get stimp, stripe, striup, blank stares, ect ect. Its pronounced just as its spelled, the same as if there was only one P  -_-
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:23:09 PM by tikibirds »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2013, 07:24:34 AM »
nope I actually like my name  Samantha  it was the first thing my parents gave me so I am not changing it though I just go by sam because it is easier, except for family then I get my full name or at work when talking to customers I for some reason introduce my self with the whole thing

though heaven help any person that calls me sammy  :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw: :throw:

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »
Well when I was little I was not a big fan of my name, Crystal, only because I would get called Crystal ball and Crystal sugar lol, stupid kids can be so mean ;) However when my Grandpa told me that he picked my name and named me after Crystal Gayle because he liked her and thought I was beautiful like her  :heart:...what can I say. I love my name and I love my Gramps! I was and am still always called Cris Ann (middle name is Ann) or Crissy by my family, When I went through my 12yr old change my name phase it was Niki that I wanted to be, I loved Niki Taylor .....Nice name but it doesn't fit me as well as my real Grandpa given name lol
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:02:40 PM by blondee1982 »

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2013, 05:39:44 PM »
Naww, my grandpop wanted me to be called Amanda - so that's my middle name :) and I was born on his birthday, so doubly special :) I miss him so much :cry:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2013, 10:54:47 PM »
yeah.. I wanted to be named anything but my name. ( I'm named Magdalena.)
Not because it sounds bad just because people don't seem to want to use my whole name but rather come up with stupid short-versions of it like "Magda" - which is a diffrent name and I have a friend named Magda and it's like beeing called her name instead of mine -__-
or even worse "Maggan" "Maddan" "Madeleine" (Which is about the same lenght as my name so why even call me that?) or my mom's favorite "Magdalenka"

I often provide lazy people with the opportunity to call me my middle name  (Betty.)  if they don't want to say Magdalena. But they don't respect that either.
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2013, 12:46:42 AM »
I never wanted to change my name but for a long time i wasn't very fond of it. My name is Jovana which is very common where i come from but what bugged me was the "jo" (yo) sound at the beginning. I just really don't like that. However, I love my mom, and she wanted to give me this name since she was 16 so I just decided to love it for her :P

However now that I'm in Iceland, people here mishear my name and think it's Jóhanna (very common Icelandic name) and i usually just let them. Although my ice hockey team mates all call me Joe since they need to be quick in getting my attention during the game. I would go by Joe usually, but my husband's name is John so it wouldn't work ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2013, 06:36:02 AM »
My name's Siobhan (pronounced Sher-von), and it's always been an almighty pain! Either people can't spell it, or they can't pronounce it! I've never really disliked it, though. Friends in secondary school nicknamed me Voni though, and it's stuck ever since. Now I only ever use my 'proper' name at work.

NumiTuziNeru

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2013, 06:57:47 AM »
Sometimes.
It's for a pretty weird reason though. Like, my name is Anna, right? But pretty much -nobody- ever called me that for most of my life, it was always Ania (Polish diminutive) or Paszczak/Helumen.
Except people kept mispronuncing/misspelling Ania, so I started going by Anna in school and stuff.
Only no matter what, when people say it, it just sounds.... weird. Like it's not even a word.

I don't even.

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2013, 10:13:49 AM »
Yes! My name is so old fashioned.... I wanted to be Jessica or Samantha. Now I love my name though! Still not a fan of my middle name, when you put it with my new last name, it sounds kinda like an insult....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal