collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My crazy sleep deprived adventure! ( Ends in Pony finds! )  (Read 425 times)

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
My crazy sleep deprived adventure! ( Ends in Pony finds! )
« on: September 14, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
So, yesterday, well, kind of today, kind of not, I ended up working a Friday 9hr shift at work until 1 in the morning.  Got home, and found myself too wound up, as was my girlfriend!  Hilariously enough, we decided to wanted to pretend we were morning people and I had the brilliant idea to go to a little farmers market that is only held on Saturdays.  I normally am dead to the world on Saturday morning and thus have always missed it.  ;.;  We were ready to go at 6, but it didn't open until 8 so. . . STARBUCKS!  Had a coffee, and enjoyed a rare nice, cool Florida morning! 

Anyways, head down, we found a loooovely honey merchant and got some amazing honey.  ( I'm an addict ) And I found a lemon grass plant too!  Oh, how I've wanted fresh lemon grass for my coconut chicken soup! 

It's a small bit of a thing and we got done with it fairly quick.  We were downtown so it wasn't too far from the flea market, so why not?! 

Bingo!  Finally found some ponies!  I didn't buy much, she had more, but they were all pretty baity.  I did find myself a SS Buttons, who I'm working on ( and has shucked her fluff almost complete, just working on deglueing her but ran out of nail polish remover ), a Surprise(yellowed), Merriweather ( some bad vinyl stains, but good color ), Baby Northstar ( Some cancer ), A flutter ( a purple one, I believe the one that regrinds badly, but she has no regrind, yay! ) and a Moonstone who should clean up fairly nicely.  I paid $5 for them all.  I'll have to remember to go early for now on, should score again.  There was another vender who had a flutter and a Princess Primrose, but they were really baity and he said he wouldn't let me have them both for anything less than $5.  Even a nice Primrose is not worth a lot.  :/  They were worth at most a dollar each with major haircuts.  XD  He said if he had them in a few weeks still he might think about it!  Never mind I honestly reiterated that I wasn't in the least buying for a profit, but rather just picking them to pass on and such to buyers who'd be looking to fix up or custom. 

Still, no complaints, I got a nice little pile of ponies to work on, and one I've been wanting ( Buttons  ) and in deflock who is deflocking pretty easily.  I mean, I've used hot water and nail polish remover on her and she's about 85% of the way done.  I just need more remover.  :) 

So yay! 

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
Re: My crazy sleep deprived adventure! ( Ends in Pony finds! )
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »
Congrats! It sounds like you had a good morning. Are you exhausted now? :P

I'm also working on a deflock project. I thought the glue would come off with some elbow grease, but I was so wrong! Good luck with Buttons.

Ooh, and pictures? :D

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 09:44:06 PM »
Oh, I've gotten some sleep now.

I hear you on the deflocking.  I've never had one come clean like she did.  My childhood favorite was a Wind Whistler, and she was my favorite bath pony, and I remember her retaining ALL of her flocking no matter how much I scratched at her symbols.  I've had a few I've tried with no work, but I was looking over Buttons, and scratched some of her flocking and it kind of just fell off.  Then I went to wash her and she started to shed. . .  Still, the glue is a bit difficult, but as I said, the nail polish IS taking it off.  :) 

And I'm terrible at managing photos, I'm actually prepping them now for my sales thread minus Buttons.  =3 

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 07:25:19 AM »
Congrats and does sound like you had a busy morning :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 01:46:22 PM »
Congrats on your pony luck.  I know what it's like to finish work on such a high that you can't stop. I used to go for driving lessons after a very busy Saturday morning and it was so hard to switch off and drive calmly!

Offline darlingfaerie

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 05:19:54 PM »
Sounds like you had a fun morning! It is so strange when people jack up the prices of bait-y G1s !! Especially where you're a collector and you know how much they are (and are not) worth! :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal