collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Legend of Korra Book 2  (Read 727 times)

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
Legend of Korra Book 2
« on: September 13, 2013, 03:21:03 PM »
I figure ya'll are a bunch of nerds, so I'm just gonna set up this topic so everybody can discuss as they wait for Legend of Korra Book 2 to air and how they liked it when finally get to see it, ect.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Legend of Korra Book 2
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 05:55:16 PM »
Not really my thing but I hope those interested enjoy it!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:05:12 PM »
Looking forward to it! We enjoyed the first season :)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »
Am going to watch it with my friend. So not exactly when it airs tonight. Can't wait. Honestly I came into TLAB, not knowing if I'd like it. Loved it, same with Book 1 of Korra.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 06:32:01 PM »
Watched the two episodes, and I have to say, although it was slow, it left me wanting more.  I'm really excited to see the spirit world showing up again.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 07:34:35 PM »
That was tonight!?!? :blink: :freak: I didn't realize it was so soon! Luckily my DVR is set to record the series so I'll have to watch it over the weekend after work :P
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 09:53:46 AM »
Ah, I haven't been following it, but im intrigued^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Avatar: Legend of Korra season 2 just started. You thoughts? [Spoilers Warning]
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 06:36:44 AM »
So I just got to watch the opening episode for Avatar: Legend of Korra (season 2) and while I muted it on and off it was good. I've only seen snippets of the 2nd season from various sites where people I follow and watch posted them.

I can say I already saw where the first episode was going just by the tone. I'm not going to try not to spoil it for those who have not seen it yet, however, there might be some spoilers that slip out. Anyway, I feel this time around the Northern Water Tribe might be the antagonist this time around and not the spirits.. but what I didn't expect was that the Chief of the  Water Tribe is the brother of Korra's Dad (who is in the Southern Water Tribe) and we do get some back story on that.

It's quite interesting to see some of these characters for the first time, but still somewhat predictable in the first episode to me...

Also, something that has been nagging me since season 1... How in the world did they get more Air Bison if Appa was the last one?! I can assume the current Flying Lemurs are adapted decedents of Momo's species as so far I've seen two kinds of those Lemurs... but Tenzin's Air Bison is puzzling me...

I mean I know the Avatar Wiki suggest that Aang found a group after the 10 year war but where is that even mentioned in the show =/

[merging like threads - kkat]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 07:43:42 AM by kaoskat »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Wait they grew up??!! :( I loved the show how it was! :( Aww. Korra looks like an avatar too, according to the YouTube trailer! Whaaa?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 08:22:39 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Wait they grew up??!! :( I loved the show how it was! :( Aww. Korea looks like an avatar too, according to the YouTube trailer! Whaaa?
Yeah the show is set about the next Avatar and takes part I think it's like 60 years after the close of the original series

I heard it's started again, haven't had a chance to track it down. There's a lot of stuff I hope they do better this time around as man they really screwed up on some of the characterisation stuff.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
    • View Profile
So I just got to watch the opening episode for Avatar: Legend of Korra (season 2) and while I muted it on and off it was good. I've only seen snippets of the 2nd season from various sites where people I follow and watch posted them.

I can say I already saw where the first episode was going just by the tone. I'm not going to try not to spoil it for those who have not seen it yet, however, there might be some spoilers that slip out. Anyway, I feel this time around the Northern Water Tribe might be the antagonist this time around and not the spirits.. but what I didn't expect was that the Chief of the  Water Tribe is the brother of Korra's Dad (who is in the Southern Water Tribe) and we do get some back story on that.

It's quite interesting to see some of these characters for the first time, but still somewhat predictable in the first episode to me...

Also, something that has been nagging me since season 1... How in the world did they get more Air Bison if Appa was the last one?! I can assume the current Flying Lemurs are adapted decedents of Momo's species as so far I've seen two kinds of those Lemurs... but Tenzin's Air Bison is puzzling me...

I mean I know the Avatar Wiki suggest that Aang found a group after the 10 year war but where is that even mentioned in the show =/

[merging like threads - kkat]
The air bison Tenzin has is interesting because it looks different from Appa.  It has brown ears and many, many more stripes on its back, so maybe it is like the flying lemurs you see in LoK, a different subspecies of flying bison.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 04:23:24 PM »
Can someone tell me what happened at the end of the first show of the season?  It cut out right as all the ships were shown and the water tribe chief was about to say something. What did he say?! 

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 09:15:15 AM »
He said "There is more to be done to get the south water tribe back on track with the spirit world"... or something similar to that. not an exact quote

I'm honest really disappointed in this season start. Sure they might of had a great idea but now it seams they have side stepped it and started another civil war with the water tribes. And just guessing the Northern Water tribe are actually going to use the spirits to do harm.

What i really want to see in the Next season (yah season two has bored me already i'm thinking season three already) I'm thinking they really really need to address the issue of Avatar: the last air bender season 2 eps 20 (40)... I can't be the only person that realizes that Aang DIED.He admits that he knew he died in another episode i forget which.. If the avatar dies then a new avatar is born.. There should be TWO avatars.. say the 'new' avatar never new he/she was the avatar just a normal water bender and then he/she dies and the next one is born around Korras time to the Earth tribe (I think that is next) maybe they could be raised by bad parents into thinking they need to kill Korra cause Korra is the false avatar or something.

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 11:49:24 AM »
Im excited about book 2! I love Korra <3

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 11:58:44 AM »
Love love korra! ^.^ I'm loving the season so far, can't wait for more.

As far as the bison go, it was stated that they (i believe aang during his travels?) found a remote colony of them and the species was revitalized :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal