collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP Checks  (Read 2537 times)

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
MLP Checks
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:18:54 AM »
Are the MLP checks out of print now? I went to reorder them, but now I can't find them.  :cry: I was going to order the check book cover too.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

These are the ones I'm speaking of.
http://www.cheapchecksinc.com/articles/2163-my-little-pony-checks.html

sailorstitch

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Re: MLP Checks
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 07:31:23 AM »
Oh did not even know these existed!  :blink:
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 07:39:20 AM »
OMG those are awesome, I had no idea they even existed lol. We're they only available in the US?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 07:41:10 AM »
I have the checkbook cover!   :biggrin:  I bought it from someone on the arena about 2 years ago.

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 09:40:26 AM »
I looked for these about 2-3 years ago and couldn't find them then :( I looked hard and long xD

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 10:06:03 AM »
Those are cute. They're new to me!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 10:32:59 AM »
OMG those are awesome, I had no idea they even existed lol. We're they only available in the US?

I didn't even know checks were still in use over there :P They've been gone here for what, ten years? And even then they were already rarely used.
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »
I doubt they are still available since Hasbro isn't selling ponies in the G3 style anymore. Maybe they will come out with new G4 checks?

I used to have those checks... 2004?! I can't believe it's been so long ago. :faint:

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 01:22:53 PM »
Thanks for all the replies. I had a bad feeling that they were out of print when all my search results came up with dead links. I was hoping that since MLP is so hot right now that they'd either a) still be selling these or b) would've upgraded to G4. I'm not even really wanting G4 checks, but I'd take them if somebody made them.

I think I found some Disney checks that I like well enough. There are 5 designs and 3 of them are my top favorite movies: Aladdin, The Lion King and Lilo & Stitch. I can live with that for the next few years. One box can last me 2+ years. When I bought my pony checks I was required to buy at least 2 boxes. Now I wish I had bought more than 2..... I think I bought my pony checks 4-5 years ago. I love the Disney checks that I found. I just REALLY had my heartset on getting more pony checks.

Nienna, it's going to be another generation or two before checks disappear here. There's too many stubbon old people that refuse to touch a computer... like my aunt! If the USA did away with check she wouldn't have any way to pay bills. My aunt won't touch a computer. She says "computers are the work of the devil". I don't think that she believes that. She's just terrified by technology. I pay about half on my bills online, but I still do write checks for some. My mom pays most of her bills by check. She does pay some online or by phone if she running late, but I always have to help her.

sailorstitch

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 01:32:03 PM »

Nienna, it's going to be another generation or two before checks disappear here. There's too many stubbon old people that refuse to touch a computer... like my aunt! If the USA did away with check she wouldn't have any way to pay bills. My aunt won't touch a computer. She says "computers are the work of the devil". I don't think that she believes that. She's just terrified by technology. I pay about half on my bills online, but I still do write checks for some. My mom pays most of her bills by check. She does pay some online or by phone if she running late, but I always have to help her.

sailorstitch

Interesting! I didn't know that, I figured it was all cards/internet transferring as it is here. I used to work as a cashier over twelve years ago and we got checks like once every month maybe? We always had to call a supervisor because no one knew how it worked, lol.

For bills, it's pretty much authorising companies to take it out of your checking account or transferring it by yourself through internet banking. Funny how these things differ across the globe :)
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 01:52:52 PM »
I used to have them! I think they've been out of print for a while now though :( I still have the address labels :)
My Wish List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 01:58:54 PM »
We still have cheques here too :) They keep talking about phasing them out but there are too many objections and it always ends up getting bumped further into the future. I like my cheques! We dont get fancy ones like you guys in the US do...I would love pony cheques!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

phoenixsoul85

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 02:06:09 PM »
Thanks for sharing this post.  I told my partner that they existed and he didn't believe me.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »
I use checks quite often still, mostly for business. However when I had roommates I always found it easier to write a check since we were renting a house in a town where I had no bank and I refused to have to pay a 5 dollar fee extra to get money out of an atm in town. So my roommates had to deal with checks :p none of them were using checks at all they always worked with cash. But then they banked in town... Which I need some new checks soon I've been eying over the Disney ones! However my bank just declared bankruptcy last month so I'm not sure what's going to happen yet with all of that :/
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline elish2

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »
The only time I use a check is to pay my water bill and my property taxes...and that is because I don't want to pay the fee the local government charges to use the online system....(it is a pretty good chunk of a fee as it is percentage based and for taxes you can imagine...) Pretty much the whole invisible money transfer thing has become too much an thing of ease. Checks were pretty much the same thing, just more steps to it. Always the convenience factor at play lol :)
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal