collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Firefly and Illustrated Book  (Read 38818 times)

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Firefly and Illustrated Book
« Reply #540 on: April 14, 2014, 05:45:29 PM »
I'd guess the pony used on that promo pic is an early prototype and then for one reason or more than likely, because of bunch of reasons, the final production version didn't come out as good as the prototype, which is very common thing to happen in toy industry.

Small edit:
I just took a look of the listing on Amazon and they have now changed/updated the pic to reflect the actual product on sale.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:56:59 PM by Eurocoin »

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #541 on: April 14, 2014, 06:19:26 PM »
I don't think that picture was a prototype. I think that was the original concept and that the pony pictured there was a real g1 firefly and brush that they Photoshopped into the picture. They clearly made no attempt to actually make a faithful miniature firefly. And the picture that they gave to stores and websites for the preorder should have reflected the actual product from the very beginning.
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline pandorarose3

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 14, 2014, 06:32:07 PM »
The issue that is here is they should have updated this photo long ago so that people would be aware of what they really were getting.  There are still other stores that are listing as pre-orders and are still showing the same false advertizement photo.  What this is boiled down to is clear false advertizement by showing the photo of something the item isn't going to be at all.

I understand things change during production, but photos need to be updated and changed.  Many companies will put up items for pre- order and not list a photo till a few weeks before the official release.  There was no indication that this item wasn't going to be anything but what the photo was showing.

The company coming up and changing the photo now on the sites that have released the item already are basically trying to stop returns for false photographs. 

FYI if you go to this publishers website they don't even show this item anywhere on the site.

I'd guess the pony used on that promo pic is an early prototype and then for one reason or more than likely, because of bunch of reasons, the final production version didn't come out as good as the prototype, which is very common thing to happen in toy industry.

Small edit:
I just took a look of the listing on Amazon and they have now changed/updated the pic to reflect the actual product on sale.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 06:39:42 PM by pandorarose3 »
Find the Original My Little Pony Talk Show only on blogtalkradio.com http://www.blogtalkradio.com/My-Little-Pony-Talk  We are live every Monday night at 8pm Eastern time.

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #543 on: April 14, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
the item is supposedly from running press/perseus books.  However if you look on their site, it doesn't show up anywhere. I searched "My Little Pony", "Firefly and book", I tried searching by author and by subject. It is no where on the site. That makes me wonder if it was actually released by Running Press at all, or if it was released by a company pretending to be Running Press for the sake of seeming legit.

Although how so many companies wouldn't realize it's a different company is beyond me.

Still, it's very odd that it can't be found on the site for the company that produced it.
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

GoodyGumdrop

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #544 on: April 15, 2014, 04:14:41 PM »
Whoa, talk about epic fail!

I almost preordered this too, so glad I didn't (I wanted to wait and see what the pony actually looked like to prevent wasting money on disasters like this). Even a G4 molded pony in Firefly's colors would have been preferable to this!

I swear, this item looks like a total bootleg. Even the book looks awful... like someone stole some official artwork and slapped it together with some random vector art images.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:18:37 PM by GoodyGumdrop »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 19, 2014, 08:04:46 AM »
Mine arrived today! She's terribly cute, much better than I was expecting. IMO she looks better in person - photos make her look bigger than she actually is. Her head is rather big in comparison to her body, but it's not as noticeable in real life. And her tiny brush is so cuuuute! :heart:

I wouldn't have gone out of my way to get her, admittedly, but I'm really glad I got her. :D

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #546 on: April 19, 2014, 10:27:25 AM »
I don't think that picture was a prototype. I think that was the original concept and that the pony pictured there was a real g1 firefly and brush that they Photoshopped into the picture. They clearly made no attempt to actually make a faithful miniature firefly. And the picture that they gave to stores and websites for the preorder should have reflected the actual product from the very beginning.

I totally agree.  I think if they wanted to make a photoshopped prototype picture to give stores an idea of what the final product would look like that's one thing, but when Amazon posted that as a product picture they gave the impression that the final product would be similar to what was shown.  It was very misleading.  If they didn't have an actual picture of the product they should have simply refrained from posting a picture. 
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 20, 2014, 12:19:50 AM »

I totally agree.  I think if they wanted to make a photoshopped prototype picture to give stores an idea of what the final product would look like that's one thing, but when Amazon posted that as a product picture they gave the impression that the final product would be similar to what was shown.  It was very misleading.  If they didn't have an actual picture of the product they should have simply refrained from posting a picture.

How do you think Amazon could have known, that the picture manufacturer provided them with isn't the actual final version of the product? Unfortunately resellers can't do much, than to trust, that info manufacturers or suppliers provide them is correct. If someone was dishonest here, it was the Running Press.

Offline cyberfluf

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 20, 2014, 09:12:14 AM »
Hi everyone!
I just got them at my parents home!

Sorry for the bad pics but my mom is not not a reliable photographer! (Love you mom!)

Now i can breathe!!!

I am so dissapointed!! I didn't know about this up till today when I searched 'my little pony' on bol.com which is basicly the Dutch Amazon.
I saw the pic of the G1 firefly and got so excited because my birthday is in 2 days and I would have loved to get a repo firefly as a present. It wasn't expensive either, so great!
Then, luckily, I checked here first and saved myself from a major dissapointment :( Sosilver, I used on of your pics in a review on this site to prevent other MLP lovers from getting a huge dissapointment. I hope that's ok?
If you have G1 MLP fabric for sale please drop me a line (large quantity even better ;-))

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 20, 2014, 12:19:42 PM »
I'm STILL so bummed about this... it could have been awesome.  They could have had a sold-out product!  Tell me, what would have been so difficult to buy a cheap $1 baity Firefly from Ebay,  (it didn't even need symbols or hair!), transfer the measurements into a 3D software program, and properly create a G1 repro? 

Seriously, the lack of regard for the collectors' demographic that would be buying this product has turned me off from ever purchasing one. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 21, 2014, 09:41:38 AM »
I think her face looks a lot like  a dollymix pony-  anyone have a picture of them together?

The box for my pony actually shows the pony that is inside- so that is good if they are going to sell these in stores.  I will admit I had this teeny tiny hope for an exact mini replica of G1 Firefly, but I think we all knew THAT wasn't going to happen since they were using stock photos...

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #551 on: April 21, 2014, 10:45:15 AM »

Aw that picture looks like baby Firefly had a baby.
So that would make her "Baby Baby Firefly" then? (this is actually something I've often wondered about the baby G1s).

Babier Firefly?

Babiest Firefly?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #552 on: April 22, 2014, 02:06:03 AM »
I'm STILL so bummed about this... it could have been awesome.  They could have had a sold-out product!  Tell me, what would have been so difficult to buy a cheap $1 baity Firefly from Ebay,  (it didn't even need symbols or hair!), transfer the measurements into a 3D software program, and properly create a G1 repro? 

Seriously, the lack of regard for the collectors' demographic that would be buying this product has turned me off from ever purchasing one. 

Totally agree with this.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #553 on: April 22, 2014, 05:28:23 AM »
I think her face looks a lot like  a dollymix pony-  anyone have a picture of them together?

The box for my pony actually shows the pony that is inside- so that is good if they are going to sell these in stores.  I will admit I had this teeny tiny hope for an exact mini replica of G1 Firefly, but I think we all knew THAT wasn't going to happen since they were using stock photos...
I don't have Dolly Mix firefly but I do have two other DMs I can hold up with her

and here is the photos. My phone hates focusing in on small things.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:45:19 AM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #554 on: April 22, 2014, 07:33:03 AM »
If it helps- because she's so little- she's a bit cuter in person than the large blown-up pictures of her suggest- 
I totally agree. I think she's cute in person and I really don't notice her weird proportions as much. She'll look nice with my dollymixes :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal