collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Firefly and Illustrated Book  (Read 38822 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Firefly and Illustrated Book
« Reply #480 on: April 10, 2014, 04:06:33 AM »
How about we forget moaning about other people moaning and just moan [or not] about the product?

Come on guys...people are allowed to be elated or disappointed.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 10, 2014, 04:34:44 AM »
 ^.^ I find her cute even if she looks like a little fakie   :biggrin:!!! In France, order should be delivered from the 8th may. I am waiting for mine  ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline PrincessLocket

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 10, 2014, 04:44:54 AM »
I'm waiting for mine too and I don't mind her she remind me a bit of a big dolly mix pony? I wasn't expecting anything like the pony in the piccie so not really disappointed although since they had the mould for the rainbow rereleases could have used that maybe to make her?  Would have preferred if she was more in proportion but as a G1 collector I find the G4 out of proportion and not as good quality wise anyway so that's doesn't worry me too much just a nice to change to hoards of identical ponies that are just different colours even if she's goofy looking lol

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #483 on: April 10, 2014, 05:45:25 AM »
oh im not unhappy i purchased her! :P  i still like her in her own special pony way. heck its firefly!!  and the little book is very pretty :)  i gotta admit the resculpted teeny star brush is adorable.   im just amused and a little surprised with the route they took with that head design.  if it was smaller so to be proper with the body she would be fine.   hmmmm i wonder if i could shrink one  *taps fingers*

also on a bad note:  my fireflys tail is missing 3 hol hair plugs :(  i was sad.  but just going to plug it up with some flesh colored super sculpey lol im lazy right now
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #484 on: April 10, 2014, 05:51:04 AM »
How about we forget moaning about other people moaning and just moan [or not] about the product?

Come on guys...people are allowed to be elated or disappointed.
I think I'm actually going to stop looking at this thread XD mostly because I'm seeing double bouts of moaning xD I think I've seen at least a dozen or more say she's flat out ugly just by looking at the photos (photos are not very flattering for anyone really XD)

anyway, mine might come in today instead of tomorrow which I'm happy about and I can see her in person and decide then :)

Post Merge: April 10, 2014, 05:54:47 AM

I'd actually like to know how to add a customer image to the Amazon one... but might have to wait a bit.. all the reviews I see on there are somewhat negative but that is to be expected
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 05:54:47 AM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #485 on: April 10, 2014, 05:58:37 AM »
aw thats sad they are so negative :(  i really dont think shes that bad..  i mean look at the size and they really did attempt to make a teeny new sculpt of an actual old sculpt.  plus that little book is adorable!   the price certainly seems high to me, but such is life lol.    maybe ill just go leave a nice review :P   i want more retro stuff here in the us!   would have died if we got that pretty UK mug that got released.   adorable.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #486 on: April 10, 2014, 06:01:47 AM »
aw thats sad they are so negative :(  i really dont think shes that bad..  i mean look at the size and they really did attempt to make a teeny new sculpt of an actual old sculpt.  plus that little book is adorable!   the price certainly seems high to me, but such is life lol.    maybe ill just go leave a nice review :P   i want more retro stuff here in the us!   would have died if we got that pretty UK mug that got released.   adorable.
I'll probably give a nice review too, Like I said I have to see mine first XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #487 on: April 10, 2014, 06:04:37 AM »
really they are cute in their own weird way haha.  and im digging the teency repro vintage shooting star brush!  and the little book has good print quality.  its not a story but it has a whole section of original backcard art including the unreleased sprites!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #488 on: April 10, 2014, 07:20:55 AM »
To be honest it seems immature to see everyone complaining because they preordered and are disappointed what they're getting. Everyone in the tens of pages of this thread admitted that they had no idea what the actual product was going to look like and were essentially taking an exciting gamble. That's a reason to, you know, wait until you know what the product looks like.

I think the pony's cute enough, I've got Prime so I'll order one of these if they don't crop up at Barnes & Noble. But, I didn't preorder it because I didn't know if I was going to like it. It's nice to see G1 on the market - the face is funky but some real G1s had funky faces, I don't love them for their glamor. I hope they make the other ones in the booklet, I'd get them too.

I think returning purchases at the expense of the company will ensure that they don't manufacture the rest.

I don't think it's immature to complain about a product which has a different photo from what you get when it arrives. Apparently even the people selling it didn't want to show the 'actual' toy.

Secondly, not everyone has prime, If I order it, it's gonna be close to $14 and I can't see spending $14 for it.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #489 on: April 10, 2014, 07:40:20 AM »
I don't think it's fair that they abuse of the collectors. If they had the pony, they should have shown it. But they created expectations, and maybe many of you didn't expect a mini G1 version of the original Firefly, but I'm sure others did. And that, is a dissatisfied constumer. If they aren't going to release G1s, then don't. But don't try and sell me those... ponies as if they were retro.
Do the t-shirts, bags, cups, coaster... whatever with the retro art. That doesn't cost them much production money.

Offline happycootie

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • G1 collector & animal lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 10, 2014, 07:56:36 AM »
I don't think it's fair that they abuse of the collectors. If they had the pony, they should have shown it. But they created expectations, and maybe many of you didn't expect a mini G1 version of the original Firefly, but I'm sure others did. And that, is a dissatisfied constumer. If they aren't going to release G1s, then don't. But don't try and sell me those... ponies as if they were retro.
Do the t-shirts, bags, cups, coaster... whatever with the retro art. That doesn't cost them much production money.

LadyPinwheel, have you seen G1 coasters? If so, where? Had to ask because I would NEED those! :lol:

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 10, 2014, 07:57:17 AM »
To be honest it seems immature to see everyone complaining because they preordered and are disappointed what they're getting.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a chance, paying for something, and then being disappointed with what you got. And anyway, you do realize not everyone complaining here preordered, right? I didn't because I wanted to wait to see what it actually was, and I was hoping for something I would like more. But it's not, and so I'm disappointed as well because I likely would have bought it otherwise.

If you like it, that's great; I'm glad there are people who are happy with it. But there's nothing wrong with not being happy with it, preordered or not.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 10, 2014, 08:40:36 AM »
I hope she sells well or she'll probably be the last G1 product we'll ever see.  Personally, I love her.  Yes, her head is large compared to G1 Firefly, but she is definitely based on the same mold.  She has the boot foot even!  AND she's the first pony in who knows how long to have symbols on BOTH SIDES, hallelujah.

She even has a little mini version of her proper brush.  I can get people not liking her, but research and effort WAS put into her, whether you like the results of that effort or not.

I think she's a thousand times better than the sad sad Collector Pony repros.  Much higher quality.

This :)

As someone has already said, here in the UK we currently have LOADS of retro clothes, socks, bags etc. Every time I go into Primark, the MLP stuff has sold out, so it must be pretty popular.

I burst out laughing when I saw SoSilvers' pic - she is so pathetically un-Firefly! But for all that she is heaps better than I was expecting, and I'm looking forward to her arrival :)

Buying 'blind' is always a risk but I think whoever did the promo pic should be spanked in a not-nice way with a rotten haddock.  The pony looks nothing like the pony we were expecting. But I would have ordered the set even if I had seen poor Firefly first - we all want more retro ponies, I hope more are released at some point, and that Hasbro isn't put off by a stupid marketing mistake.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 10, 2014, 08:52:03 AM »
To be honest it seems immature to see everyone complaining because they preordered and are disappointed what they're getting.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a chance, paying for something, and then being disappointed with what you got. And anyway, you do realize not everyone complaining here preordered, right? I didn't because I wanted to wait to see what it actually was, and I was hoping for something I would like more. But it's not, and so I'm disappointed as well because I likely would have bought it otherwise.

If you like it, that's great; I'm glad there are people who are happy with it. But there's nothing wrong with not being happy with it, preordered or not.

Agreed. People who stay stuff like that need to think things through better. If you don't like that the feelings are mostly one way, maybe the thread just isn't for you? We're here to share our thoughts on things.

I preordered 4 and think she's ugly but I'm keeping all 4.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 10, 2014, 08:55:26 AM »
That's what makes this so difficult for me. Buying it would show that yes, people want more G1 stuff, but I don't want more G1 stuff that's poor quality, and I don't see any reason to think buying things like this won't just encourage Hasbro to continue doing things like this instead of produce nicer things.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal