collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: This is a dumb question but...  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
This is a dumb question but...
« on: September 10, 2013, 08:55:03 AM »
Was the Pony Points system that Hasbro put on G1 ponies for mail order exclusives... they were available to anyone around the world who bought MLPs and sent in the horseshoe points? Or... Was the UK/Euro equivalent that Activity Club where you could get the special babies and whatnot, versus the Mail Order ponies (such as Birthflowers, Pearly, TAF, Rapunzel, Sweet Scoops, Dabbles & Scribbles, etc...)?

I don't know why I feel so stupid for asking this, but I feel I should already know this answer... :blush:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
Re: This is a dumb question but...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 10:24:11 AM »
I've been wondering about this too! Even though my all my childhood ponies are G1's, I didnt know about this horse shoe thingy before I started collecting. Was it available in Finland for example?  :blink:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 10:30:31 AM »
I hope someone else can shed light on this, I always wondered... like Rapunzel could be ordered from any country or, did the Euro packages offers go to the other club, etc... Heh! I know someone will have the answers! :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »
Different countries had different offers. The Mail Order ponies as we know them were US releases and the offer was for the continental US only [hence the set shipping price].

Canada had a couple of mail order offers [which included the Slumber Party Ponies, the TAF Babies and of course this mail order is the reason Rama Llama is for some part of the MLP line] but the bulk was of course in the US.

In the UK we only had one proper mail order pony - just Baby Lucky - in addition to Magical Breeze [aka Magic Message Windy]. You could however mail order a selection of ponies - Pony Bride, Chatterbox - through the Fan Club. Here as well as in other parts of Europe - mainly Germany and Scandinavia - the items available via mail order tended to be merchandise rather than ponies.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
Yeah, mail orders were different all over the world! I know that in the Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) we had the first tooth baby ponies as mail orders, on a card with only a toothbrush instead of the normal boxed variant. I also got Molly through the fanclub, just the doll loose without baby Sundance. Strange, huh?

She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Tenar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 06:54:15 PM »
I remember ordering Satin and Lace, I was so excited when she came in the mail!  LOL  Had to be the first package I ever received addressed to me.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 01:13:27 AM »
I still have the Slumber Party ponies from when I was little (minus Baby Nightcap these days--I don't know what ever happened to her :cry:), and my mom remembers sending away for them :D Did they come with any accessories in Canada, though? I don't have any of them, nor do I recognize any as familiar.
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 01:18:53 AM »
The Slumber Party Pack via mail order was just the ponies, no accessories, if I recall correctly.  We had most if not all of the same offers that were available in the US. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 01:22:58 AM »
I still have the Slumber Party ponies from when I was little (minus Baby Nightcap these days--I don't know what ever happened to her :cry:), and my mom remembers sending away for them :D Did they come with any accessories in Canada, though? I don't have any of their accessories, nor do I recognize any of them as familiar.

No they did not have accessories - the offer was just for the ponies themselves. They were 3 horseshoe points + $16 according to the leaflet, so a little pricey back in the day.

Loa is my love god!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 01:41:45 AM »
I still have the Slumber Party ponies from when I was little (minus Baby Nightcap these days--I don't know what ever happened to her :cry:), and my mom remembers sending away for them :D Did they come with any accessories in Canada, though? I don't have any of their accessories, nor do I recognize any of them as familiar.

No they did not have accessories - the offer was just for the ponies themselves. They were 3 horseshoe points + $16 according to the leaflet, so a little pricey back in the day.

The Slumber Party Pack via mail order was just the ponies, no accessories, if I recall correctly.  We had most if not all of the same offers that were available in the US. 

Ahh I see, thanks you guys! Yeah, a bit spendy for five ponies--I must've gotten mine for birthday or Christmas gifts  :lol:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 01:51:25 AM »
Awesome parents for purchasing them for you :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 02:25:56 AM »
I can't remember G1, but in G2, seabreeze was Continental US only. the same with the Grand Champions horses I collected at the time - I still have the pamphlets, and it really drove me nuts - I had soooo many points! I used to dream about them changing the rules and getting those mail orders in the mail, lol!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 03:34:21 AM »
There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers ;)

The only mail order offer I have ever seen here in Denmark was a small pony charm you could get by sending in the form that came with the Birthday Ponies. However I have several times encountered ponies that weren't supposed to be sold here so maybe there have been some offers that I just never knew about? :huh:

Offline Pumpkin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Enjoy the little things in life.
    • View Profile
    • Het Kamertje eBay
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 03:57:19 AM »
I remember in the Netherlands the points were on Pony backcards and Playset boxes but I'm not sure if they also were on Pony Wear cards. You could get free pony's and Sundance etc. It is such a pity I didn't knew that back then because I was a big collector.

Visite Het Kamertje!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 06:11:43 AM »
This is so cool! I love reading what you all were offered back in the day. I remember some of them. I was able to get the Satin Sweet Shop, and the Mommy and Baby Keen set. I was stupid and sold the mommy and baby set. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal