collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Best Glue for Customs?  (Read 438 times)

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Best Glue for Customs?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 02:19:25 AM »
I never take off the neck plugs anymore, I just jam the tail through the tailhole after sticvking some glue inside. Not the smartest method, but screw those neck plugs. I can never get them back in that good anyway.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 05:51:33 AM »
I never take off the neck plugs anymore, I just jam the tail through the tailhole after sticvking some glue inside. Not the smartest method, but screw those neck plugs. I can never get them back in that good anyway.
I found shaving the edges of the neck plug helps if you are able to do so x:
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »
I found shaving the edges of the neck plug helps if you are able to do so x:

thank you! I will try that right now! =) I have one more left to plug, but her neck plug has been so reluctant to joint back together!

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 02:11:07 PM »
neckplugs aren't too rough if you notch them in a few places with an Xacto knife. makes it easier to click them back into place again.

on G4s youll want to carefully notch the plug inside the head itself. on G1s and G3s usually two little pie slices cut out of the plug will give it enough bend to get back into the body without hurting your paintjobs. on G4s ill do 3 or 4.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:12:44 PM by Eluluu »

Offline PrincessOfDarkness

• Queen of the Zombie Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • my dA
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 05:19:57 PM »
on G4s youll want to carefully notch the plug inside the head itself. on G1s and G3s usually two little pie slices cut out of the plug will give it enough bend to get back into the body without hurting your paintjobs. on G4s ill do 3 or 4.
This is what I do too - I cut the inside of the neck plug on G4s, squeeze and it all pops back together with less effort and no threat to paintwork ^.^

I do something similar with G3s/FS G4s as well - I cut large wedges out of the neck plug so it 'shrinks' when you squeeze the sides of the plug, insert it into the hole and wiggle till it all pops back out :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  Never really open for commissions, but can be bribed ;)  :heart: SOOOO much Love to Jupi for my amazing Cupcake Zombie :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal