collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Canterlot Castle Set  (Read 24112 times)

Offline EmBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Canterlot Castle Set
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2013, 08:34:25 AM »
I just called my Costco.  You can't even buy a cash card (gift card) for someone without a membership!  I absolutely hate members-only stores like this.  It's like offering someone your money and them saying, "No, thanks."  Okay...?!?

Does anyone have a solution to this or a get-around?  I don't know a single member and I am not interested in becoming one...

-Em
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2013, 08:40:41 AM »
I just called my Costco.  You can't even buy a cash card (gift card) for someone without a membership!  I absolutely hate members-only stores like this.  It's like offering someone your money and them saying, "No, thanks."  Okay...?!?

Does anyone have a solution to this or a get-around?  I don't know a single member and I am not interested in becoming one...

-Em

I'm a member and I've been getting sets for members on here that don't have a Costco or aren't members. PM me if you'd like me to get one for you. They are $33.89 (that's including tax here) then shipping to where you are. The only thing is I won't ship them MIB since the box is giant so if you don't mind them loose :)
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

phoenixsoul85

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2013, 08:48:45 AM »
Sams Club and Costco are not affiliated in any way at all, in fact the two are rather disdainful of one another, so I doubt they would get the same exclusives. Unfortunately this looks like a Costco one :/ I can't imagine them switching stores when it hits America, if it ever does.

You are VERY correct about the relationship between Costco and Sams Club.  However, I would like to point out that exclusives almost always have some sort of label on them that says "(INSERT STORE NAME) EXCLUSIVE" and this set doesn't have anything like that on it.  We can hold out hope that we will see this set in another store.  Besides, I still haven't seen the bakery set released around me and that is a general release.

Also, I went to Sams this weekend and they do not have them.  If I see one more stupid LalaLoopsy, I may scream.  The closest thing they had to ponies were the Barbie little sisters and their horses.

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2013, 08:56:22 PM »
is it possible for anyone that still has this in box to weigh it and measure it? i'll probably be picking up some for others here in aus, and would like to get some postage quotes :) thanks in advance!!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2013, 09:58:33 AM »
Sams Club and Costco are not affiliated in any way at all, in fact the two are rather disdainful of one another, so I doubt they would get the same exclusives. Unfortunately this looks like a Costco one :/ I can't imagine them switching stores when it hits America, if it ever does.

You are VERY correct about the relationship between Costco and Sams Club.  However, I would like to point out that exclusives almost always have some sort of label on them that says "(INSERT STORE NAME) EXCLUSIVE" and this set doesn't have anything like that on it.  We can hold out hope that we will see this set in another store.  Besides, I still haven't seen the bakery set released around me and that is a general release.

Also, I went to Sams this weekend and they do not have them.  If I see one more stupid LalaLoopsy, I may scream.  The closest thing they had to ponies were the Barbie little sisters and their horses.

In all my days of shopping at costco, I have never ever seen a costco exclusive sticker on anything, and they do have exclusives.

Offline Lady Starflower

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »

In all my days of shopping at costco, I have never ever seen a costco exclusive sticker on anything, and they do have exclusives.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I know many members don't want to hear that but it hasn't shown up anywhere else near me yet.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2013, 12:38:09 PM »
*imagines myself buying one for $100+ on ebay MIB*  :yikes: 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2013, 01:56:17 PM »

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I know many members don't want to hear that but it hasn't shown up anywhere else near me yet.

Costco had G3 exclusives in the past so I agree its possible. And none of the G3 packs had stickers that I can remember either now I come to think of it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2013, 02:08:14 PM »
I did head out to the store yesterday and they only put out a handful of toys so far, so no mlp stuff yet.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2013, 03:47:23 PM »
It better not be costco exclusive, or I'm gonna be really pissed.

Oh well, hopefully I can get one off of someone here if that happens to be true. I really wanted the box too! Humph.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Lady Starflower

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2013, 04:00:14 PM »
Honestly the "art" is really pathetic on the box. Celestia doesn't even have a tail! The other pics are the same old same old and Minty is just Applejack right down to the freckles and hair style!! Pretty sad if you ask me.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2013, 04:02:32 PM »
Honestly the "art" is really pathetic on the box. Celestia doesn't even have a tail! The other pics are the same old same old and Minty is just Applejack right down to the freckles and hair style!! Pretty sad if you ask me.
My thoughts exactly that's why I put this together to show how terrible they are at making box art and vectors sometimes... I would be interested in a job hasbro, I'll make them better <3

For Sale Wants

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2013, 02:53:26 AM »
I don't care so much about the box itself as I do deboxing the ponies myself, call me crazy, but I live deboxing G4s. Perhaps my favorite part about them.

And then I keep the box. That pile will take over my room some day.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2013, 02:41:02 PM »
So has this set been found in the US yet, or has it just been in Canada? I'm still trying to decide if I'd just be better off buying Minty on eBay or just waiting and hoping they come to another store in the US soon.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2013, 02:45:19 PM »
I havent seen anyone outside of Canada claim to have found it as yet. Although an Australian release has been confirmed in the next few months.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal