collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How often do you add to your pony collection?  (Read 1095 times)

chihua2

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How often do you add to your pony collection?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 12:56:15 AM »
Hilloz! :P I am a bit concerned that I am becoming too obsessive about ponies. The adding to my collection can range from anywhere to two weeks to a month, or whenever a new item is released from g4 that I really desperately want. I used to go collect two new blind bags and/or trading cards every day but I've stopped that habit now lol How often do you add to your collection and how do you ignore that voice in your mind that screams "BUY MORE PONIES!!!"

Too often..I'm hooked on G4s. when I first started out and the collection was small,I was receiving a pony abt twice a week from ebay sellers.Now I'm slowing down mainly because I have most of the earlier ponies released which I like and there hasn't been much new stuff in the shopping malls here,feel a little guilty for spending too much on some ponies too because i didn't wait and bought them thinking they weren't going to be available and I wanted them so much!!am trying to have some restraint now though i can't say i have been successful...still buying :/ but mainly in stalking mode now on sale forums and ebay for the elusive few...

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 01:28:04 AM »
for me.... at least once or twice a week?  :blush:

I need to chill on the spending just a tad. I will admit I do use coupons, and im guilty of copying some because Im a cheapo but serious collector X_x Keeping up to date with ponies sort of distracts me from being sad, being from the north I can get so homesick so easily when it gets hot! Although where I lived before, I didnt have the luxury of living so close to so many stores with toys! Ponies keep my city life here in Texas worth it to be honest- my husband and I have talked about moving where I came from but maybe after we are done toy collecting so we dont have to miss out on the new ponies because of financial issues. =)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 01:37:54 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 01:36:54 AM »
Not often. Every once in awhile I'll get into the pony mood or have something someone wants to trade other ponies for, but there are usually 2-3 years between me getting new ones.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

divalei

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 02:20:45 AM »
I buy a bunch of ponies at once, so I guess monthly. Though, only if I have some extra money to spend on ponies.

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 02:31:13 AM »
Only few times a year, I guess.   :|

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 02:49:23 AM »
I would say about once a week. Although I do have spurts where I don't and focus on my La La's or MH dolls.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 03:02:41 AM »
It goes up and down in spikes. Right now this month, I added one g3, got 5 swap ponies, and bought two g2s. So it's a big month.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 05:25:31 AM »
1-3 times a month. Sometimes less. It depends on how much money I have and if I find stuff that I want.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 07:09:50 AM »
depends really... I usually get out bid on ebay because im a cheepskate and it apparently costs a fortune to ship much of anything to kentucky this day and age.. also i dont see that many I want on there.
Seems like i've added a lot of g4's lately.
but i got Sunset shimmer months ago when she first came out.
I pre ordered large NMM when she came out but i had the money for her saved.
A friend sent me wysteria for my bday..
and my dad got me the newest collectors set for my bday.
So really the only one I spent MY money on was shadowdash last night.

between SS and NMM tho was like three months where i didnt get any.
so it really depends on whats out and what i like.
a while back i bought like one a week but that was cus i got stupid lucky and the dollar store near my house had them for 3.00 a pop... then i had all of the g4's that were out so i had to stop. hehe
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:12:00 AM by Roseprincess1 »

ashlite

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 08:08:12 AM »
Honestly, lately way too much! I got hooked on completing some sets!! LOL I cut my spending off for at least the rest of the month. I need my current orders to come in the mail so I can sort myself out and reign in the spending a bit. I tend to get a little obsessive about organizing things. PONIES FOR EVERYONE!!  :happy: 

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 08:27:04 AM »
Keeping up to date with ponies sort of distracts me from being sad, being from the north I can get so homesick so easily when it gets hot! Although where I lived before, I didnt have the luxury of living so close to so many stores with toys! Ponies keep my city life here in Texas worth it to be honest-

I feel you on that one. I was just talking to my sister last night about how I've become a crazy toy collector because it's what keeps me occupied and sane out here. :lol: I lived in California my whole life and all of my late teen/adult life up until moving to Colorado 2 years ago was spent in a downtown area where I could walk everywhere and had wonderful shops and restaurants, great culture and pretty trees and my family lived close. Now I'm thrown into a crappy suburb where I have to drive 20min just to get to anywhere and all there is are chain stores and fast food and I hate it. Collecting colorful, happy ponies are my way to have found an upside to there being practically nothing but a zillion Targets and Walmarts surrounding me.

To answer the question, being a G4 only collector, I add to my collection as G4 stuff I want is released. I'll start checking stores every few days once I hear an item I want has been spotted in the US. I only buy online if there is something I am unable to get locally. So, how often I buy depends on availability of new G4 stuff  ^.^ I can feel a bit obsessive during those times when a lot of stuff in coming out but how I keep myself in check is having a specific wishlist and making sure that if I'm going to buy something that I have adequate space to display it and that it's something I really want/will use and enjoy, which has prompted me to cut down on buying a lot of pony merch. recently.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 08:34:11 AM »
Wow. Reading everyone else's responses, I now feel too obsessed. I buy them nearly everyday. Of course this can stop for months due to lack of funding, but when I do have money, I buy whatever I want and can afford. Oh, it also depends on if what I am wanting is currently for sale, since I am a G1/G2 collector, so rely on the arena and eBay and sometimes I can wait a long time before something HTF gets listed and even then there is no guarantee that I will win the auction in question!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 11:50:04 AM »
I say dont resist the urge :P BUY ALL THE PONIES!

I am a terrible collector of random lots which interest me and lots of duplicate accessories :P So it usually means I have 4 or 5 parcels a month even though I dont really have anything left to collect :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 11:51:29 AM »
it really depends what is about at the time. If I see a good deal I will buy it if possible. But that can be from a couple of times a week to none for ages. so I honestly do not really have a trend.

Offline SilverHealer

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I love lamp!
    • View Profile
    • Goddess Within
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 11:53:20 AM »
In the past few years, I've really not added to it at all with the exception of blind bags.  About six years ago I was adding to my collection at least every couple of weeks.

[ adoptables from pixel forum GLAM! | Av by SDS ]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal