collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else emotionally attached to their car?  (Read 3759 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: Is anyone else emotionally attached to their car?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 07:22:16 AM »
I'm for sure :)  ,I will be gifting my baby to my Niece when she turns 15 or 16  lol
I promised her my car when she was a little baby ! She must have been 6 or 7 , anyway my baby as I call my silver 2003 Mercedes Benz Slk 230 , has been and still is my pride and joy , I got him new in july 2002 , my first new Car I have to pre order :)! , It has a been a very awesome experience driving him, he is a 2 seater roadster hard top convertible :)!
I feel he is the one leaving me behind , he just got 100000 miles but he has it all :)!
I have been having back issues and I'm looking forward for a higher up vehicle , a mini suv when the time comes, but he will remain in the family :) so he will be making my Niece very very Happy very soon :)!
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 07:34:03 AM »
I loved my truck had it for years and years. I do not live my explore though.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 09:50:48 AM »
Yup! I love my car, she has character (largely due to her colour - she's bright aqua green). Good on gas, comfy, has done some travelling, gets me to work and back each day. :heart: Thankfully she has years left on her, I can't bare to think of parting with her.

Oh yeah, I have a Pontiac Wave (sister car to the Chev Aveo, for those not familiar with the Wave).

ETA - pics :heart:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:56:25 AM by Kiwi »
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 09:59:20 AM »
yes, yes, yes ~
All of my cars, I've ever owned.

I'm so attached to my Celica that I'm probably going to buy another engine for it whenever it goes, rather then get a new car. I doubt that's any time soon though, because it's such a good car.

I can't seem to let go of my 79 Trans Am, even though it's just being garaged right now. I totally cried at the thought of it. I just don't have the spare time for her right now.... T__T;

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 11:04:42 AM »
Oh, no rust on a Toyota! That's a nice truck!!! We totally feel ya Kiwi.

Right now I'm driving Betty White. She's an 'ol lady ('98 Mazda), it's hard to not get attached to something that you put your life into daily...

The hardest vehicle for me to part with with was the smurfmobile, my first car:

Easiest car to say good riddance to the BMW:

It looked nice and all, but what a hunk of junk!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 05:54:29 PM »
I'm extremely attached to my VW Rabbit.  She's a 2007 so I have quite a ways to go with her hopefully!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 06:09:26 PM »
Yup! I love my car, she has character (largely due to her colour - she's bright aqua green). Good on gas, comfy, has done some travelling, gets me to work and back each day. :heart: Thankfully she has years left on her, I can't bare to think of parting with her.

Oh yeah, I have a Pontiac Wave (sister car to the Chev Aveo, for those not familiar with the Wave).

ETA - pics :heart:

Which looks just like what Diamond drives...

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 06:21:27 PM »
Just to one car that wasn't really 'mine'...  My Kiik an Astra...  I was so angry when parents decided to sell it >_<

And an unnamed white Spirit, the one I learned to drive with...

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 06:33:05 PM »
Oh my goodness. I can't believe all of the lovely stories and comments in this thread posted in the last 24 hours.  It has been lovely reading how attached to your cars most of you are!  :lovey:  I wish I could reply to you all personally but given the amount of replies that would take a while.

In short - I love that so many of you have named (and even gendered!) your cars.  From the much cherished oldies with the dents that tell stories, to the reliable modern cars that reliably get you from A to B... It is obvious there is a lot of car love out there.  Lol at the lady with the 'cat family' stickers in the window! I would totally get a giggle if I saw that while out and about. It's funny too because I feel that by hearing what kind of car everyone drives, I get to know them a little as a person.  Like the dogs we choose to own, a car can tend to identify you as a person and where you are in your life at that time.

Being philosophical here, maybe I'm afraid of shedding my old identity (horse riding, free to do as I please, married without children) and becoming a 'grown up' with a child to care for and responsibilities to up hold!

Keep the cars and comments coming.  I am loving reading everyone's experiences :) :)

Oh PS:  Himmie, that is beyond sweet of you to offer a loving home to my truck with your two Toyotas in the US.  If only it was an option.  My truck would love to chill out and park with your friends. :D

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:55:18 PM by kiwimlp »

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »
I call the El Dorado I used to drive Dora, but now it lives with my brother...I'm kinda glad cause it was a tank and I really hated driving it. 

My dad's Dodge dually, Cummins engine, 3500, however...I cried when he had to sell it.   I loved that truck big time.  I still want one, and dad is constantly joking about finding it again, fixing it up with pink details (small ones, not overly obnoxious ones) and giving it to me.  I wish, but it's SO not in the budget. 

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 08:31:55 PM »
Hello kiwimlp.
I am soo Happy that you made this post... I Love Cars and Ponies!!!
I'm the middle child in the family so my younger brother loves cars and my older sister loves Video games so in order for me to mingle with them both I Learn to love both interests and have my own. My Little Ponies, is my own interest and they share it with me.

Anyways my dad has a....
1972 Grabber blue Maverick and that is my ALL TIME FAVORITE CAR!!!!!!!
My Dad ordered this car brand new off from the line and back in 72.
it is Grabber Blue with gold Stripes.

2010 my Brother and Sister and I wanted to surprise my Dad on his 60th birthday (Spring of 2012 was Dads 60th birthday)
So We had Dad and Mom take the Maverick to South Dakota. When it came home we took the Maverick over to TnT Auto Body Shop, and had the Maverick Restored to look like it was in 1972 (got rid of the rust). With an added 347 Stroker.

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 08:44:52 PM »
I have a  '99 toyota Corolla that I'm exceptionally fond of.  My sister named her Carol after a character from Heavy Traffic.   It has a lot of character/action features like giant rust spots, dents, broken door handles on the inside and outside, and I can't lock it.  However, seeing as I work in the ghetto, all these point work in my favor as it serves as awesome camoflage and no one ever wants to break into it and snatch my stuff.
The guys who change my oil always laugh at me when I come in.  Looks like crap, but the engine always starts and it's great on gas. I'll be sad when it's time to say goodbye, but I'm going to drive it til it dies and then buy another Corolla because these car rock!
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 08:46:33 PM »
I am obscenely attached to my car.  He is a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon named Donovan and I've had him since the first day I got my license.  He is seriously my most treasured possession (considering I do not count animals as "possessions") and I have no doubt in my mind that I would run into a burning garage to get him out.

Unfortunately, I haven't been driving him much lately, because there's something wrong with the gas pumping port thing that seriously makes it take half an hour to fill him up.  My husband has vowed that for our ten year anniversary he's going to pay to have him completely refurbished - painted, detailed, fix any boo boos and ouches that might have occurred, that kind of thing.  Knowing that getting me to part with my car is a lost cause, my husband has also come to terms with the fact that if Donovan ever actually dies, that I'm going to haul his shell around with us until I have the means to bring him back again.

The kicker?  I hate pretty much every other car ever made.  I don't like driving, I don't like automobiles.  But I would do just about anything for Donovan.

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 08:50:58 PM »
I'm very attached to mine. It has a name and I take care of it like a baby.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 10:50:58 PM »
Texasgal, I once thought about putting a small pink stripe down the side of my truck :lovey:

Starflashbaby, wow!  I bet your dad was blown away when you got his car restored for him.  What an amazing birthday present!

elvenwine26, it seems you can't keep the Toyota's down.  They are getting a rave review in this thread :lovey:  Carol sounds like a great ride.

Katika, my hilux was my first car too.  It think that makes them extra special.  I'm with you in that I don't particularly like cars or driving - except for my truck.

rearing_palamino, It's nice you take such good care of your car. I confess to not washing mine as often as I should!  But her, it's silver and silver barely shows the dirt!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal