collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Non MLP Advice on Ebay Feedback  (Read 500 times)

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
Non MLP Advice on Ebay Feedback
« on: August 30, 2013, 06:33:44 PM »
So I took a chance on buying something super cheap from a 0 star seller because it was free shipping and it was only 10 dollars... so its no big loss if it never gets here... The item was purchased and paid for on August 15th... free Expedited Shipping... ships within two days of cleared payment... estimated dates of delivery are August 19th - August 21... On August 19th, the seller sends me a message: "Is it okay if I send this via Media Mail through USPS?"  I didn't see this message until the 24th because of my work schedule... I replied that I didn't care how she sent it, as long as I didn't have to pay additional for shipping, which was on the 24th.  I then hear nothing for two more days... finally, it is shipped on the 26th.  It is now the 30th, item has still not arrived.  I'm wondering if a neutral would be appropriate as even though I agreed on a different shipping method, she still didn't ship within a timely manner... Any advice?

ETA:  Looks like it is out for delivery today...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 08:18:10 AM by TokiBear »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Non MLP Advice on Ebay Feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 11:18:59 AM »
If it was me - if the item got to me in promised condition, in a "reasonable" shipping period [I know 2 weeks is not everyone's idea of reasonable domestic shipping], with accurately priced/free shipping and I paid under or on value for the item, I don't think I would be comfortable leaving neutral. The only thing the seller did wrong was ship later than promised - which in itself is not fantastic but I am maybe a bit lenient with shipping sometimes. I know not every shipper is Walmart and as long as I am never out the item nor have I over paid for a different method of shipping I sometimes do like to have a little give or take on shipping periods.

I would certainly consider a lower DSR on shipping to reflect the shipping - if they have a low feedback that is going to reflect the situation accurately without punishing them to severely.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 01:49:01 PM »
If it was me - if the item got to me in promised condition, in a "reasonable" shipping period [I know 2 weeks is not everyone's idea of reasonable domestic shipping], with accurately priced/free shipping and I paid under or on value for the item, I don't think I would be comfortable leaving neutral. The only thing the seller did wrong was ship later than promised - which in itself is not fantastic but I am maybe a bit lenient with shipping sometimes. I know not every shipper is Walmart and as long as I am never out the item nor have I over paid for a different method of shipping I sometimes do like to have a little give or take on shipping periods.

I would certainly consider a lower DSR on shipping to reflect the shipping - if they have a low feedback that is going to reflect the situation accurately without punishing them to severely.

Thanks Cat!  The item arrived in great condition... better than I was expecting... so I think I will end up just dinging her on shipping.  :-)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 03:31:19 AM »
I'm glad it arrived ok in the end and was better than you expected :bigups:   :happy: 
 I think you would be right to leave her a positive but to ding the stars slightly on the shipping . At least she did let you know/check with you first though rather than sending another method, being late shipping and not bothering to say anything.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal