collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your EQG dolls  (Read 11097 times)

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your EQG dolls
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2013, 03:29:39 PM »
Here is my RD :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I also have AJ and Celestia still sitting in the box :) almost forgot about Twilight, hehe, I don't know why ...

A zelf!!!! Lol so cute!!!

Offline egophiliac

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Fakie!
  • ...loves tiaras!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2013, 03:30:32 PM »
And another question, this one for Celestia owners! Is she supposed to have pretty much only blue and pink (mainly pink at that) hair on top of her head and in her "bangs" (the hair that would make up her bangs if she had them)? I found her in-store like this, the only green and purple in her hair was on the back of her head, in the under-layer of her hair. I didn't buy her for fear this was just a color rooting variation - if she's out there, I'd like one with a more even distribution of her four hair colors. :P

It also looked the Celestia pony figure's back wing was smooshed inwards by the packaging - are they all packaged like this, and if so, do they seem to pop back into shape when deboxed? I love love this figure, I'd prefer it not be damaged right out of the box, ha.

I believe that's just how the doll's hair is; every one I've seen in stores is like that. This is mine:

I don't know if I hope there are variations or not, I'm addicted to Celestia and I probably don't need an excuse to get another one! :P

My pony's back wing popped right back into shape out of the packaging, but if you get one with a smooshed wing, you can probably just pour some hot water over it and hold it in place until it goes back to the original position. I think a bigger concern is the QC, I went through a row of them in the store looking for one that didn't have scratched paint or black smudges. :S

Anyway, staying on-topic, here's a bunch I took of Rainbow when I first got her:

Spoiler

(Someone wanted to know if Monster High clothes fit...she looks like she got into her big sister's wardrobe.)

...and just for the heck of it:

Spoiler

"I must go! My planet needs me!"

woosh

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2013, 05:30:24 PM »
You made Celestia stunning in that picture. :D I love seeing the styles everyone does on the dolls.
~Foxtale~

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 08:54:18 PM »
^ lol, i love the RD flying away pic. :D

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline TheGreatSpid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 11:24:40 PM »
Is it bad that I put Rarity's head on a monster high doll body?
Spoiler

Don't mind the photo bombing Finn in the background, he is currently scaling my blinds  :biggrin:

Genius! Did you have to do any modifications to get Rarity's head to stay on Catrine's body? (Drilling, etc?) 

Nope! The only thing you have to do, (unfortunately) is remove the plastic bit that allows for the MH dolls head to pivot (that means no putting your MH dolls head back on without the assistance of super glue). Then all you have to do is pop your EQ Girl's head onto the body! The hole is a little smaller than the neck of the MH body, so you'll need a little bit of elbow grease (although not much at all) to get it on. But I've noticed that if you take the head on and off multiple times ( causing the doll's neck hole to stretch), that if you want to put her head back on her original body, it will wobble.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2013, 01:20:39 AM »
Hmm.  After looking at this thread I think these dolls could grow on me!  I really like Sunset Shimmer :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2013, 01:40:08 AM »
I think there are different types of nylon hair used - different production, manufacturer, etc. Has anyone actually tested what they believe to be kanekalon to see if it is or not?
I'm voting different types of nylon/saran. I have a hard time telling a difference between high quality nylon and saran. Kanekalon, however, I compare to those MH dolls I know have it. It has a certain wispy quality to it. How do you test it?

It has different qualities - it should not tangle in the same way nylon hair does, its strands often seem thicker, its less porous so harder to dye [far from impossible of course as you can dye it, its just that it does not take colour as well as nylon] and it has a higher melting point as well in boiling water. But you really need to test it along with actual kanekalon hair as well as actual nylon in order to see which properties it comes closest to. Also I believe different types of kanekalon have different properties themselves.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

KierneM

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2013, 04:12:12 AM »
Tips were really good yesterday, so I splurged! I have to say though, I am definitely not loving the hair. Both Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are going to neef serious salon time to get thier hair nice. But overall I'm very happy with them! Any idea when the rest of the crew is going to come out as deluxe versions?

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2013, 01:07:45 PM »
And another question, this one for Celestia owners! Is she supposed to have pretty much only blue and pink (mainly pink at that) hair on top of her head and in her "bangs" (the hair that would make up her bangs if she had them)? I found her in-store like this, the only green and purple in her hair was on the back of her head, in the under-layer of her hair. I didn't buy her for fear this was just a color rooting variation - if she's out there, I'd like one with a more even distribution of her four hair colors. :P

It also looked the Celestia pony figure's back wing was smooshed inwards by the packaging - are they all packaged like this, and if so, do they seem to pop back into shape when deboxed? I love love this figure, I'd prefer it not be damaged right out of the box, ha.

I believe that's just how the doll's hair is; every one I've seen in stores is like that. This is mine:
Spoiler

I don't know if I hope there are variations or not, I'm addicted to Celestia and I probably don't need an excuse to get another one! :P

My pony's back wing popped right back into shape out of the packaging, but if you get one with a smooshed wing, you can probably just pour some hot water over it and hold it in place until it goes back to the original position. I think a bigger concern is the QC, I went through a row of them in the store looking for one that didn't have scratched paint or black smudges. :S

Thank you so much for your response! That really puts my mind at ease about purchasing her. ^^ I'm a picky collector, so I'm always looking for those paint flaws already, but then I had these other more Celestia-specific concerns..! I just want to bring home a pretty pony figure and a new doll. XD Your Celestia looks beautiful, I love how you've styled her hair.

Is it bad that I put Rarity's head on a monster high doll body?
Spoiler

Don't mind the photo bombing Finn in the background, he is currently scaling my blinds  :biggrin:

Genius! Did you have to do any modifications to get Rarity's head to stay on Catrine's body? (Drilling, etc?) 

Nope! The only thing you have to do, (unfortunately) is remove the plastic bit that allows for the MH dolls head to pivot (that means no putting your MH dolls head back on without the assistance of super glue). Then all you have to do is pop your EQ Girl's head onto the body! The hole is a little smaller than the neck of the MH body, so you'll need a little bit of elbow grease (although not much at all) to get it on. But I've noticed that if you take the head on and off multiple times ( causing the doll's neck hole to stretch), that if you want to put her head back on her original body, it will wobble.

Oh, that's great to know! Thank you for the detailed explanation, it's very helpful. :good: Great to know that body donation from MH is totally possible if I decide the joints the Equestria Girls come with are just unacceptable, haha.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2013, 01:35:11 PM »
I think they are soo much fun....I kind of think of them as the G4 Megans:) I know I can not have them all but I am not sure what one I want. I love Rarity and Pinkie Pie...but I love the look of Princess Celestia and that she comes with a pony:D I love Rainbow Dash's outfits....I just do not know what to pick....can megan wear their cloths too?
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • That's Saki-samagic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2013, 01:41:01 PM »

Offline Razena

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2013, 04:36:28 PM »
can megan wear their cloths too?

Yep!  Here she is showing off Rainbow Dash's second outfit:

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2013, 04:29:52 AM »
I looved the movie and now the dolls are even more cuter. :3

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2013, 08:17:04 AM »
Does anyone know if it's easy to switch the heads of the Equestria Girls? I want to swith heads with the articulated RD with the super long hair one. Would this be easy for me to do without damaging her?
My Wish List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2013, 08:56:16 AM »
Someone in this thread or the other EQG girl threads put an EQG head on a MH body so I would hope you could switch them from EQG to EQG. Hopefully someone can confirm or deny.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal